• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mortal Kombat X -- MB-6BBAE9600285F99C - Taken by texhnolyze. 70 entrants total.

t1429022171z1.png

abracadaver

Fucking Warner added a region lock for Mortal Kombat X in Germany (and Japan) 10 hours ago

"ReleaseStateOverrideCountries DE,JP"

I bought the game on the german store a few weeks ago while it was still available. They better fix that soon. I was already wondering why other people were able to get to the main menu but my preload would not finish.

MadGear

Fucking Warner added a region lock for Mortal Kombat X in Germany (and Japan) 10 hours ago

I bought the game on the german store a few weeks ago while it was still available. They better fix that soon. I was already wondering why other people were able to get to the main menu but my preload would not finish.

Thats odd, according to gamestar.de Warner explicitly stated that they won't lock the game in germany, they just won't bother with an official release. I hope they don't go back on their word because I still want to get that game at some point :/ Publishers shouldn't help to enforce these stupid restrictions on us when there is actually no need for them to do so.

It's numbers like that why Rockstar went with their Social club experiment. Why have ~60% of that sales money coming to you when you can try to get 100%?

Welcome to the Social Club future.

Dr Dogg

GTA V just broke 280k concurrent.
Hot damn, given that the game isn't Steamworks...

Does anyone dare to guess GTA V players peak in first 48 hours on Steam? :D
I think numbers after the first full weekend would be more fair but somewhere between Skyrim's 200,000 and Dark Souls II's 80,000. I would say more but it's not solely on Steam.

So yeah, don't listen to me on anything player count related in the future.

madjoki

Thats odd, according to gamestar.de Warner explicitly stated that they won't lock the game in germany, they just won't bother with an official release. I hope they don't go back on their word because I still want to get that game at some point :/ Publishers shouldn't help to enforce these stupid restrictions on us when there is actually no need for them to do so.

It has to be mistake. Until it's 'released' everywhere it won't appear on community at all.

Currently game is globally 'preloadonly'. (Which is overridden to released in everywhere expect Germany&Japan).

Likely for same reason why they didn't release install packs.

Nobody else read Warner as Warren at first? >_<

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
sigh, I have to face the reality that it's now really time to upgrade my PC...

GTA V is the first game that I can't really play on my rig, everything else till now wasn't really a problem, the Phenom II x4 955 just doesn't cut it anymore...

Me need moneyz!

Wow, that's insane.

sigh, I have to face the reality that it's now really time to upgrade my PC...

GTA V is the first game that I can't really play on my rig, everything else till now wasn't really a problem, the Phenom II x4 955 just doesn't cut it anymore...

Me need moneyz!

And your gpu is?
My phenom can run DA:I on ultra at 60 fps, I'm sure it can run GTA on high/very high at least.

Grief.exe

Skyrim's record of 286,000 is about to be surpassed.

It's numbers like that why Rockstar went with their Social club experiment. Why have ~60% of that sales money coming to you when you can try to get 100%?

Welcome to the Social Club future.

I wonder what the distribution is between Social Club and Steam. Could be an even split, but I have a feeling the Steam version is far outselling Social Club.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
And your gpu is?
My phenom can run DA:I on ultra at 60 fps, I'm sure it can run GTA on high/very high at least.

A slightly overclocked 7870 with 2GB

The framerate is all over the place as soon you are driving through the city with everything more or less on medium without MSAA and so on, I haven't played with the settings too much yet though

I wonder what the distribution is between Social Club and Steam. Could be an even split, but I have a feeling the Steam version is far outselling Social Club.

Eh. I don't know, considering the Social Club version is actually cheaper considering it's available on Nuuvem and GMG.

_hekk05

Banned
Eh. I don't know, considering the Social Club version is actually cheaper considering it's available on Nuuvem and GMG.

High influx of chinese gamers who basically bought the game day one at 50% off on steam.

Also people on steam who don't buy from third parties, I guess. Its really hard to tell.

Holy cow, I won Mortal Kombat X!
Childhood redeem. I'll gather my friends to my house soon. :D
Thanks a bunch abracadaver!

A slightly overclocked 7870 with 2GB

The framerate is all over the place as soon you are driving through the city with everything more or less on medium without MSAA and so on, I haven't played with the settings too much yet though

Eh, I have similar setup actually. A HD 7870 Ghz edition.
Have you updated your amd driver? There is a new beta version specialized for GTA V.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
MK downloading all characters first and no stages downloaded yet. Why not 1 download package characters and the other for a few stages. SMH

derExperte

Skyrim's record of 286,000 is about to be surpassed.

Question is: Will it still be in the top 10 in four years like Skyrim is now?

A surprising amount of my friends didn't buy it on Steam to save some money.

That's how it's done. Now do I buy a bunch of gifts or are thousands of others having the same idea?

MUnited83

For you.
Question is: Will it still be in the top 10 in four years like Skyrim is now?

A surprising amount of my friends didn't buy it on Steam to save some money.

That's how it's done. Now do I buy a bunch of gifts or are thousands of others having the same idea?

Buy a bunch anyways. Even if thousands of others have the same idea the supply will inevitably dwindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom