• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that Star Ocean announcement is so good.
My PS3 will still be running this year, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, and Tales of Zestiria (if it ever come to the West).
Would prefer them on Steam though.

Arthea

Damn, that Star Ocean announcement is so good.
My PS3 will still be running this year, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, and Tales of Zestiria (if it ever come to the West).
Would prefer them on Steam though.

about that...
I have good news for you, Zestiria is coming to PC, we just don't know when yet.

baterism

about that...
I have good news for you, Zestiria is coming to PC, we just don't know when yet.

Thanks for reminding me of Zestiria. I completely forgot about that after SteamDB lost its fangs. Man, things was more interesting back then.

SO5 just taught me that faithlessness is a legit English word.

Screw GTAV where is WotS4 and Akiba?
People keep mentioning GTAV, more regret I get for skipping China price.

abracadaver

TEST YOUR LUCK

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mortal Kombat X -- MB-6BBAE9600285F99C - Taken by texhnolyze. 70 entrants total.

t1429022171z1.png

I question why I thought watching Youtube videos of someone playing GTA V on the highest settings would actually be a good idea given compression. And the fact I'm watching someone else dick around while I could be doing that myself.

MadGear

The only game out of that series I played was Star Ocean 4 on 360. Its odd that all I can recall about that game are its creepy emotionless characters that looked like dolls come to life. Especially that one child was stuff for nightmares. She would make a great replacement for the Slender Man though and instead of that static noise you would hear her saying " 'kay" over and over again ... but then again that would literally kill people.

Uzzy

that was funny
have you bought it too?

Nah. I was seriously tempted, but I couldn't find much about the quality of the PC port, and when you had the likes of Justin Wong, floe and Maximilian Dood talking about the poor netcode, I figured it was best to hold off.

It's a shame. The first few weeks of a new fighting game are the most exciting, when everything's new, people are finding out stuff for themselves, everyone's figuring out their characters. But shitty launches just ruin that. If only these companies would swallow their pride and use GGPO. Then at least we'd avoid poor netcode.

Arthea

This is the Steam thread. Talking about SO5 is topic noise. IMO. There are enough place in the forum for that, let the PC ghetto be free.

the moment this thread is free of movie talk, bd talk, tea talk, metro talk, actresses talk, food talk, anime talk, anime hate talk, personal life talk, coffee talk, DS talk, WiiU talk, I'll do just that, won't even mention games that aren't on steam, deal? ;)

edited: dammit, forgot watches talk, that was worst of all!

yuraya

Wow @ GTAV

Currently at 230k concurrent O_O

Didn't think it would be that high. congrats to R*

And that isn't even all the players since there are nonsteam versions.

Arthea

I find it quite nice and even zen experience to be only one with 0 hype or interest in GTAV in this thread now.
Even my non GTAV buddies from previous wave of hype seem to be absent,
probably playing GTA (><)

Jawmuncher

I find it quite nice and even zen experience to be only one with 0 hype or interest in GTAV in this thread now.

There's more than a few of us who don't give a shit at this point about GTAV.

I plan on checking it out eventually but right now I really don't care.

milena87

You're not alone, don't worry ;)

I'll buy it one day, though. When it's like 5$.

Arthea

I wake up and see that MKX still hasn't been fixed. I can't even get to the character select screen!

At least no-one's suffering any terrible lag in their online MKX matches. So that's a plus.

I'm so sorry, it was just to funny to let it die so fast (><)

I plan on checking it out eventually but right now I really don't care.

You're not alone, don't worry ;)

I'll buy it one day, though. When it's like 5$.

*triple high five*

oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying never, I will $5 it, especially if doesn't burn your PC and have less than 3 drm, it's just at this point, I have no interest at all and I would prefer a good RDR port anyway

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I really just want RDR and Undead Nightmare on PC, honestly. GTAV looks pretty but my interest isn't really super high. My co-op oriented group has picked it up though, and I have to say I am really proud of how they chose to represent our fine, upstanding community with the group emblem:

I just feel like I got everything I could need out of a modern open-world game in Saints Row 3/4, am cautiously optimistic that The Witcher 3 will have a good take on the open world ideals, and am forever upset with Rockstar that they won't give me their really neat western game that also has a B-movie zombie expansion pack. All of these things lead to cheesy not really being on board with the GTAV train. Is that irrational? Absolutely.

Asgaro

Indeed.
I mean, I definitely do care: the following days I'll watch some PC gameplay, read technical impressions, continue browsing gtaforums, etc. but I can't bring myself to buying it full price.

I'm so used to buying games out of their "HYPE HYPE HYPE period" that I don't feel an itch to instantly buy it even though I do look forward to playing it.

When the Summer Sale occurs I hope we get a little discount and then I'm in.
On top of that, the game will have been patched to its fullest. Smooth sailing experience from start to finish.
And the http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V page will have been updated with interesting tweaks + maybe some nice mods already exist by then. :)

I'm away from my computer for a while but I just got my MKX Steam key through. Does anyone know if it's possible to register the key to my account anywhere outside of the client itself?

Turfster

its stupid how much better than previous GTAs V is

im still just like 5 hours into it but im surprised

all the usual trappings are there but this is on a whole other ball park. and they actually have an interesting story/characters now

Salsa, plz.

nobodyreadsmyposts

The GOG bundle deals will roll over in 14 minutes, so if you were still on the fence about the D&D, Divinity, Lucasfilm or Broken Sword bundles, this is your last chance.

Cloud Knights keys now available for Groupees BAGB21

Turfster

New GOG bundles
  • Wacky Indies 80% off (Stick it to the Man, Consortium, Sir you are being Hunted)
  • Indie Platformers 85% off (Dust, Spelunky, Trine EE, Trine 2)
  • SHMUP Attack Pack 75% off (REVOLVER360 Re:Actor, Raiden III, Crimzon Clover, Astebreed)
  • S#&%, My Pants! 80% off (Penumbra collection, Amnesia, Outlast)

about that...

Thanks for reminding me of Zestiria. I completely forgot about that after SteamDB lost its fangs. Man, things was more interesting back then.

SO5 just taught me that faithlessness is a legit English word.

Screw GTAV where is WotS4 and Akiba?
People keep mentioning GTAV, more regret I get for skipping China price.

Yeah, I remember that leak.
I think it's probably safe to assume that it's coming.

Depends on Sonty in this case really, Grim Fandango Remastered released at the same time on Sony and PC didn't it?

It's less that it depends on Sony and more that it depends on what type of deal the oddworld folks sign up for. I'm guessing they get more $$$ for longer exclusivity vs taking less money but having the ability to launch on PC at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom