• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Virtua Tennis 2 probably had the best career mode and progression. 4 isn't bad but the mini games for training I didn't find as rewarding.

derExperte

i'm not sure there is any demand for tennis games to begin with

Which is a shame because VT4 is fantastic and has enough to offer even for non-fans with the arcade mini-games and it's easy to pick up and play a few quick matches. What I would give for VT5....

I remember really liking VT on the dreamcast. hmm.

I suggest waiting a few months. Then when the regret sets in while people are talking about awesome games that got removed I'll sell you one of my spares for 50€ and everyone's happy.

I suggest waiting a few months. Then when the regret sets in while people are talking about awesome games that got removed I'll sell you one of my spares for 50€.

I'm actually hoping that VT on the vita goes on sale as well. rather play it on there if i'm going to play it on an obsolete platform of choice.

MattyG

Banned
Is ARMA III largely CPU dependant? I'm thinking of getting back into it, but last I remember I was in Act 2 of the campaign and my framerate with shit no matter how hard I tweaked it. I've got a 760 2GB and an i5-3570k at stock.

Edit: Now that I think of it, maybe it had to do with V-sync. I usually have to turn it on because I get terrible tearing all the time, but I never tried forcing adaptive V-sync on ARMA III.

Parsnip

Does MKX support native d-input controller?
I've yet to buy an xbox one, waiting for my old d-input controller to finally dead.

Speaking of controllers, there doesn't seem to be a hard date or price for the Xbone wireless receiver yet.

When my 360 controller breaks, I would prefer an Xbone controller over DualShock4 because of the batteries and the stick placement, but there are couple things that I need to know.
For anyone who uses Xbone controller, how is the dpad and how are the bumpers? I heard that the dpad is an improvement over 360, but that's not really saying much considering how shit the 360 dpad is. And the bumpers are different somehow?

It's a weird thing to say but I still haven't had any hands-on with either the Dualshock 4 or Xbone controller. Or the WiiU Pro Controller.

Dr Dogg

Insomniac's putting out a PC game: Slow Down, Bull.

Steam link. Insomniac's description.

50% of the net proceeds go to charity.

This is a test isn't it? Show support for Slow Down, Bull to get Sunset Overdrive?

Maybe it sold well only because there's no other games on PS4?

Bloodeathe for PS4/X1/Steam

I wonder what moniker they are going to go with for their next series? Will FROM leverage the Blood part or the Borne bit? Blood stands to reason but Borne would probably be better used in titles.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I wonder what moniker they are going to go with for their next series? Will FROM leverage the Blood part or the Borne bit? Blood stands to reason but Borne would probably be better used in titles.

Well if they Dark Souls it then I'm guessing the Blood part would be taken since it'd be a central part of things.

derExperte

Meanwhile The Order besides being a shitty game also must've sold terribly or we'd have gotten a similar announcement sooner or later. Good.

That game crashed in price so fast it's amazing.
single player linear 5 hour game with no online options and no announced DLC. People had little to no reason to hold onto it.

I can see The Order 2 still happening, though. The tech is there, just needs more game in there.

they could've gotten away with it if they launched that game during the launch window but it was basically a launch window game that was a year too late.

Dr Dogg

Well if they Dark Souls it then I'm guessing the Blood part would be taken since it'd be a central part of things.

Hmmm so possible sequels/spin offs/same universe type titles? Blood Pressure? Bit naf. Blood Transfusion? Nah. Blood Brothers? Could work for a coop focused game. Blood Shot? Maybe.

Grief.exe

Huh? Bloodborne is a niche game not for everyone, GTA V is one of the most known gaming franchises.

I assume you were joking :p

It's just kind of surprising considering the PS4's massive install base, relative to other current-grn consoles, while being the only worthwhile game on the platform currently. The latter being my subjective opinion, but metacritic could be pulled in to back that up.

I'm just surprised it didn't sell more.

Run that up against a game that is 2 years old and has been selling on just about every possible platform.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hmmm so possible sequels/spin offs/same universe type titles? Blood Pressure? Bit naf. Blood Transfusion? Nah. Blood Brothers? Could work for a coop focused game. Blood Shot? Maybe.

The story is woven around tainted blood so it'd make the most sense but I'm having trouble thinking of a nicer title than Bloodborne at the moment but Sony owns that name/franchise.

didamangi

Or just Bloodborne II :p

Nice to see the game did well. Maybe I'll get it someday on the PS5. The GOTY, Remastered, 60fps version of course.

_hekk05

Banned
It's just kind of surprising considering the PS4's massive install base, relative to other current-grn consoles, while being the only worthwhile game on the platform currently. The latter being my subjective opinion, but metacritic could be pulled in to back that up.

Run that up against a game that is 2 years old and has been selling on just about every possible platform.

Most people don't buy games day one, or even month one, most people don't have multiple machines so multiplats are a thing for them, most people don't buy niche games, lots of people only buy cod and sports games, and anecdotal evidence of people returning the disc after repeatedly dying to the first boss lol

Kiru

Speaking of controllers, there doesn't seem to be a hard date or price for the Xbone wireless receiver yet.

When my 360 controller breaks, I would prefer an Xbone controller over DualShock4 because of the batteries and the stick placement, but there are couple things that I need to know.
For anyone who uses Xbone controller, how is the dpad and how are the bumpers? I heard that the dpad is an improvement over 360, but that's not really saying much considering how shit the 360 dpad is. And the bumpers are different somehow?

It's a weird thing to say but I still haven't had any hands-on with either the Dualshock 4 or Xbone controller. Or the WiiU Pro Controller.
Only tried the Xbone Controller in Mediamarkt. I can tell why people dislike the bumpers. Found a pic to illustrate the problem I noticed too while testing the demo unit:
jbfuI1RwgaBsTj.jpg

Dr Dogg

The story is woven around tainted blood so it'd make the most sense but I'm having trouble thinking of a nicer title than Bloodborne at the moment but Sony owns that name/franchise.

Or just Bloodborne II :p

Nice to see the game did well. Maybe I'll get it someday on the PS5. The GOTY, Remastered, 60fps version of course.

Bloodborne: Subtitle maybe.

I think that's the jaded way I look at console exclusive titles at the mo. Why pick up the PS4/XO version when you can wait for the PS5/Xbox Zero Spruced Up version.

Grief.exe

Most people don't buy games day one, or even month one, most people don't have multiple machines so multiplats are a thing for them, most people don't buy niche games, lots of people only buy cod and sports games, and anecdotal evidence of people returning the disc after repeatedly dying to the first boss lol

As far as profits are concerned, on console the values are extremely front-loaded. To the point where they start dropping off a cliff after the second week.
Which is a stark contrast to PC, where games are still printing money years after release.

I wonder how much opportunity cost Rockstar gave up when they didn't port RDR all those years ago, or Capcom with Dragon's Dogma?

didamangi

Only tried the Xbone Controller in Mediamarkt. I can tell why people dislike the bumpers. Found a pic to illustrate the problem I noticed too while testing the demo unit

Any reason why Microsoft did this? Seems pretty dumb.

Bloodborne: Subtitle maybe.

I think that's the jaded way I look at console exclusive titles at the mo. Why pick up the PS4/XO version when you can wait for the PS5/Xbox Zero Spruced Up version.

That works too. I wonder if we'll see Xbox Minus after Zero.

fantomena

Well, Bloodborne seems to be the best selling "Souls" game and Sony and FormSoft has already a good relationship.

I assume Namco will fund a Dark Souls 3 for Xbone, PS4 and PC, but if Miyazaki and his A-team has had a good relationshop with Sony, I'll believe they'll continue it.

derExperte

Only tried the Xbone Controller in Mediamarkt. I can tell why people dislike the bumpers. Found a pic to illustrate the problem I noticed too while testing the demo unit:

Hm, I have to move my fingers really high up to get to the part that isn't 'pressable', almost on top of the ridge, and usually don't even use my fingertips for the bumpers. It apparently depends on how you hold controllers but I had no problems so far. I also like the clicky dpad, maybe the one on the DS4 feels a little better and has an advantage in fighting games but overall I prefer the X1 pad because of its layout, the analog sticks and the triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom