• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I believe you mean English Tennis Classic :p.

How bloody hard must it be to get a licensed tennis game? Who do you go to? The LTA? The ATP or WTA? Top Spin seems to have died of death too.

Ah of course, the prestigious English Tennis Classic!

I imagine you'd have to get licences from all three organisations, along with local tournaments.

Turfster

GMG has Deep Silver deals:
  • Dead Island Franchise 75% off
  • Metro Redux Franchise 33% off
  • Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack 50% off
  • Killer is Dead 50% off
Use SAVE20-APRILD-EALSON

Deitus

Also, I think everything on ps4 will be able to be emulated in a few years right? I didn't realize that PS3 emulation was that hard though.

We still don't have a decent Xbox (I want to call it 1, but now it's confusing so I'll say the Xbox the First) emulator, so it's not as if emulation being available within a few years is a guarantee.

PS3 Cell architecture was notoriously difficult to develop for, so I can only imagine it would be incredibly hard to emulate as well. To my knowledge PS3 and 360 emulators are currently only able to run small downloadable titles, and not even well at that. It will be a while before the bulk of each console's retail library actually runs decently.

So it will probably quite a wait before a decent PS4 emulator can actually run most games well. Even considering the PS4 uses a more familiar architecture that should be easier to emulate (remember, Xbox the First had x86 architecture as well), it will still take some time to get working right for a decent amount of the library. There is also the factor that you need a PC several times more powerful than whatever console you are trying to emulate (from what I've read, the rule of thumb is 40 times more powerful).

Dsyndrome

What was the GTA V peak for max users? I'll grab the game on a sale down the line to see how it runs on my laptop, just curious on how bad it beat Skyrim.

derExperte

Well, like Jarod McChicken pointed out, DS II only shipped 1.2 million over 3 platforms over 3 weeks, so 1 million on only 1 platform is a ton for this type of game.

PC release date was six weeks later. Also quite a few had already abandoned old gen by this point.

Anyway, here's some actually interesting non-PC news: More Sega 3D Classics for the 3DS! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029022

Three more titles are incoming to the second batch of the SEGA 3D Classics exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. Featuring some of the most iconic games from SEGA’s Genesis console, The SEGA 3D Classics Series will let fans relive SEGA’s legendary console era and take them on a 3D ride through gaming’s golden age with 3D Streets of Rage 2 in July, 3D Gunstar Heroes in August, and 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in September 2015.

MUnited83

For you.
Nope. Everyone and their mom buys a copy and market will be flooded.

That doesn't matter in the slightest. Supply is inherently limited and it will dwindle across time. Prices will go up as time goes on. And again, profit is 100% guaranteed. You will be able to sell it for more than you paid for after it gets removed, without a doubt.

Age of Wonders 3 is pretty ace, well worth grabbing at 66% off. Also, its first DLC expansion, Golden Realms, is 33% off as well, I'm grabbing that. I really enjoyed Sniper Elite V2, pretty tempted to pick up Sniper Elite 3 but I might grab the new Eternal Lords expansion for AoW3 instead. Dunno.

Kaleinc

Banned
That doesn't matter in the slightest. Supply is inherently limited and it will dwindle across time. Prices will go up as time goes on. And again, profit is 100% guaranteed. You will be able to sell it for more than you paid for after it gets removed, without a doubt.
It may return to steam which happened to pulled games before (Pat & Mat).

derExperte

wish they would release a cart collection of them all. I don't like digital downloads on the 3DS because of the lack of an account system in place.

I'd double dip and agree about Nintendo's abysmal online system but those remasters are so unbelievably good that I couldn't possibly wait.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If anybody wants State of Decay: Year-One for $19.99 paypal, pm me. (it's 33% cheaper if you own the vanilla).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/

header.jpg

https://steamdb.info/sub/61628/
no cross region trading/gifting, so you'll probably have to be in the US.

Turfster

Humble Midweek sale Roguelikes
  • Rogue Legacy 66% off
  • Binding of Isaac 76% off
  • Risk of Rain 74% off
  • FTL 75% off
  • Sunless Sea 19% off
  • Legend ofDungeon 80% off
  • Our Darker Purpose 72% off
  • Tiny Keep 75% off
  • Runers 50% off
  • The Pit 66% off
  • Road not Taken 50% off
  • Tower of Guns 66% off
  • Hero Siege 75% off
  • Bionic Dues 66% off
  • Quest Run 75% off
  • Paranautical Activity 63% off
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD Deluxe 66% off
  • Sproggiwood 24% off

Knurek

Why does AoW's success preclude there being another Overlord game?

Why should Triumph split the profits with Codemasters and Valve (Overlord), when they can keep the Codies part to themselves (they do own the rights to Age of Wonders).

So, Arthea, Humble Capcpcom today?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kalypso has ditched the pre-purchase reward tiers attached to Dungeons 2 in favour of simply giving away all three rewards. I checked the page just yesterday and the first tier was still 19% short of being unlocked, so it's a nice little gesture.

Arthea

Actually, we aren't very crafty, if we were, we would have registered as Capcpom long ago, made some wallpapers, filmed some footage, called it a game and made a bundle out of it. It would have been a huge success. We all would be rich as Jasec now at least.

madjoki

Waiting paid off.

EDIT: Wait nevermind... I got confused and thought this was Dungeon of the Endless for some reason...

You're not the only one, someone else confused those two when it had sale on Steam.

DotE can traded cheap because it is IGN Prime game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pick up the phone cause i called it

They ARE gonna kill the brand

Yeah, I see history repeating itself (albeit perhaps a little less aggressively) given both Guitar Hero and Rock Band are being revived. Acti won't want to risk a new Rock Band eating Guitar Hero's lunch and vice-versa with regard to Harmonix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom