• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

That is both hilarious and helpful.

That's how I like my information, to the point in a condescending tone.
I hope you aren't taking a bite of me. Surely I thought so, every gog-er or no DRM person thinks so, but all that has to be forgotten and forgiven by now!

You wish! Nah I'm talking about the looneys I've been playing Battlefield with for 10-11 years. FM12 was the straw that broke the camels back for most of them. Funnily that was the instalment that SI said had the most sales in years.

My God the plot of Remember Me makes no sense >_<

Change the langue to French and then funnily enough it does. Well it certainly cast me into the world of early Luc Beson films, which also had paper thin plots that made next to no sense.

There's nothing complex about the plot in Remember Me, it just kinda stinks. Amnesiac heroine fights the system but she is deeply related to the same system she opposes in the most literal sense possible. And boy, does it have a lot of bad batman combat.

DocSeuss

Hey. Stuff's not so good IRL. Barely keeping my head above water as it stands. Survived until today with less than $1 to my name. April's gonna be a tight squeeze; no more games for me.

Wound up with a code I don't need; here's hoping it brings me good karma.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DocSeuss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Grand Theft Auto V Preorder (NON-STEAM) -- MB-E8692FD6F07B4131 - Taken by Jawmuncher

EDIT: lol forgot to put a timer on it, gg jawmuncher

Arthea

You wish! Nah I'm talking about the looneys I've been playing Battlefield with for 10-11 years. FM12 was the straw that broke the camels back for most of them. Funnily that was the instalment that SI said had the most sales in years.
Civ5 broke me (><)
and it sold quite nicely, so probably not only me

Whoa is this for real? I hope you get all of the Good Karma you need out there!
Things always end up getting better.

so much for being in nonGTAV camp
have fun (><)

Hey. Stuff's not so good IRL. Barely keeping my head above water as it stands. Survived until today with less than $1 to my name. April's gonna be a tight squeeze; no more games for me.

I didn't win the code but still, that's really nice of you given the circumstances. Just hold on, better times ahead!

Jawmuncher

Dang

Wow haha.
Good hands right there.

Stay strong - hope things get better.

Things will get better, don't despair.

AHA-Lambda

Ugh, just finished Remember Me. Amazing this came from the Life is Strange people!

If it were in a similar format to that, gave the story the attention and detail it needed (still tons of holes by the end of the story) and ignored the completely crap gameplay it would have been good, but nope >_<

And a bug bear for me throughout was the main character really is both a total moron and an utter bitch in her motivations!

MUnited83

For you.
Vergil Gameplay DMC4 SE

attachment.php

DocSeuss

To all the people saying things will get better, I doubt it.
Roommate's regular source of income is looking like it may shut soon, and I barely managed to pay the last couple of bills (seriously, two were late). We lost food stamps for a while and I wore myself to the bone trying to make sure they got back. My health is getting worse and I can barely take care of myself.

I'm trying to write so I can get paid next month, but my health is making that really hard. Oh, and I owe a grand to the dentist. And possibly more--they're sending me some additional bill now and I don't know what it's about.

I found more games tho. A friend bought me that Origin giveaway, but I had them on Steam already. So here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DocSeuss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-0DDD32889EF89D64 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Reprisal Universe -- MB-E6E030EDD683FDE8 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars Republic Commando -- MB-6AE09A21F29E8CE8 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-46B9F60766E9FE19 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Empire at War Gold -- MB-8CABDB2D8A372738 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-8853D0730390CBF0 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-B3663FC419728A6F - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy -- MB-268BCE567DEA2D5F - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas -- MB-7BA5EC8F838C80D0 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Closure -- MB-F14B2F02E89FE194 - Taken by DmAc2k6. 1 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-CB11F3DB72D2732A - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen -- MB-64AC261080C759D3 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-539F8374976BB48F - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-BBAA35F6E3B2BA1C - Taken by someguyinahat. 5 entrants total.
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-F8DEFE91ED5C98BA - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Kane & Lynch Collection -- MB-E137C4B13ABC25AE - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 8 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-1E9F5665C8F86A0E - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-1123A7C516FE35E1 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-C2567C3CE069C66B - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Thief -- MB-D8685FAFBA6E7E31 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-683C97C04E0B0347 - Taken by Cyberquake. 1 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-D29D6C03B010F0C5 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast -- MB-82C819273BBD2D97 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-4C5ED2288C78FD18 - Taken by Kifimbo. 9 entrants total.

t1429117215z1.png

Deitus

Vergil gameplay looks sooooo good. It's just a shame the person playing wasn't better.

The number of enemies on screen makes me think they are playing on Legendary Dark Knight mode, but they weren't taking hardly any damage when they got hit. Is LDK a modifier that you can select at any difficulty (never played the PC version)?

Edit: What is the meter above Vergil's health bar for?
Edit2: Nevermind, it says in the video description: 'We&#8217;ve also added in a brand new &#8220;Concentration&#8221; mechanic, which complements Vergil&#8217;s signature &#8220;iaijutsu&#8221; fighting style, making his attacks grow stronger and stronger the more calmly and flawlessly he fights."

Roommate's regular source of income is looking like it may shut soon, and I barely managed to pay the last couple of bills (seriously, two were late). We lost food stamps for a while and I wore myself to the bone trying to make sure they got back. My health is getting worse and I can barely take care of myself.

I'm trying to write so I can get paid next month, but my health is making that really hard. Oh, and I owe a grand to the dentist. And possibly more--they're sending me some additional bill now and I don't know what it's about.

I found more games tho. A friend bought me that Origin giveaway, but I had them on Steam already. So here you go.

Man, that all sounds rough. I wish I had something insightful or helpful to say. I really hope things turn around for you, and soon. Even if things look dire now, please don't give up hope.

I hope your generosity here somehow comes back around to you in a good way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
YAY

2LbhK1d.png

4 years, 2,815 games.

Deitus

Wow, I just noticed that DMC4 SE video lists Ninja Theory as the developer. Bad youtube channel I've never heard of before, bad. I guess I shouldn't expect them to do proper fact checking, but still, a google search isn't hard.

YAY

2LbhK1d.png

4 years, 2,815 games.

Happy Steam Day jshackles!

Jawmuncher

So I had to disable my graphics card to get the dowoad started for GTAV. I shouldn't have any issues starting it all once the game is done downloading and installing right? I mean after I enable my GC card of course

Dr Dogg

Look at this mess!
I'm now 'proud' the owner of 2 copies of Bejewlled, 2 of Dead Space 2, bog standard and Ultimate Dragon Age Origins as well as 2 of II (again!), a mind boggling 3 copies of Mass Effect 2 as well as standard and Deluxe ME3 (with the standard actually coming with a few nick nacks the Collectors Ed didn't) and to round it off 2 Peggles but no Peggle 2.

Thankfully you can hide that shit easy enough.

YAY

http://i.imgur.com/2LbhK1d.png[IMG]

4 years, 2,815 games.[/QUOTE]

Happy Steam B'day!

Madn

I'm really sorry to hear that. I remember some threads about your health and money issues and hoped things would have gotten better :(

Zafir

Look at this mess!

I'm now 'proud' the owner of 2 copies of Bejewlled, 2 of Dead Space 2, bog standard and Ultimate Dragon Age Origins as well as 2 of II (again!), a mind boggling 3 copies of Mass Effect 2 as well as standard and Deluxe ME3 (will the standard actually coming with a few nick nacks the Collectors Ed didn't) and to round it off 2 Peggles but no Peggle 2.

Thankfully you can hide that shit easy enough.

Happy Steam B'day!

Yeah, that really annoyed me when I bought the bundle last night.

All I wanted was Dragon Age 2 on PC, and now I've got a bunch of dupes on Origin.

I'm almost disappointed it didn't give a duplicate copy of DAO though. Then I'd have four copies of DAO on Origin.

MUnited83

For you.
No one expected this to happen today and there was little time between the first rumors and the conference so he probably tried to find someone who could help but had no luck.

Maybe it never will be? Is there an IP-lock?

Would make zero sense, since, well, they actually sold the game for a while in Germany. So there's many people in Germany that actually bought it on the German store and can't play it now.

sometimes, you gotta hit a bottom before you get up. Shit can't keep getting bad, it has to start getting better eventually. Just keep truckin' because you'll get better soon.

Accoun

Was he expecting them to speak English?? At a Bundesliga press conference??
He had German on his GCSE, which I guess is almost nothing (that's junior high, right?). Maybe he was sent because he was the only one with any knowledge of German, but it wasn't enough to understand what they were saying. Or maybe he thought he can understand it, but was overconfident. Or maybe he could understand written German, but totally failed to understand spoken. Dunno.

Sendou

Environmental Station Alpha coming out in one week (April 22nd). They released a new trailer and announced the price: $8 and additional 10% discount for the first week. It also has trading cards.

I like the look this game has going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom