• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Maybe it never will be? Is there an IP-lock?

Yes. But it was only just set up yesterday.

A few weeks ago Warner said that they won't use a lock for germany. The game isn't banned and it was sold everywhere before release. From gamestop to steam itself. You can still buy it from amazon.de. Steam removed the game from the german store after it didn't get a USK rating. Now we are waiting for them to remove the lock. Warner support is clueless and steam or netherrealm don't say anything.

Zafir

He had German on his GCSE, which I guess is almost nothing (that's junior high, right?). Maybe he was sent because he was the only one with any knowledge of German, but it wasn't enough to understand what they were saying. Or maybe he thought he can understand it, but was overconfident. Or maybe he could understand written German, but totally failed to understand spoken. Dunno.

You generally do GCSEs in your last few years of Secondary School. Age wise that's 13-15. It's not very high at all. I don't see how anyone would feel confident translating a press conference having only done a GCSE.

derExperte

He had German on his GCSE, which I guess is almost nothing (that's junior high, right?). Maybe he was sent because he was the only one with any knowledge of German, but it wasn't enough to understand what they were saying. Or maybe he thought he can understand it, but was overconfident. Or maybe he could understand written German, but totally failed to understand spoken. Dunno.

He wasn't sent, there was no time to go from UK to Dortmund, he was just the guy in charge of the liveblog.

DocSeuss, have you thought about using something like GoFundMe to raise some money for your medical bills, etc.?

Come on guys, let's think of something to help a brother out other than "hope it gets better"

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
"I'll just boot it up to play the beginning"
...six hours later...
Pillars of Eternity is awesome. I don't have a good idea about what the stats and numbers mean yet, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. Intruiging world.

The writing is especially noticable, so good.

AHA-Lambda

Woo hoo, got my offer for my postgraduate in!

My shitty job can kiss my ass goodbye!

Yes I realise this nothing to do with Steam :p

_hekk05

Banned
So Klei's new game is coming out? All I need now is for them to refuse to put in achievements on steam and I can enjoy the salt with my chips.

All of this talk about MKX is making me want to reinstall MK9 just to replay the story mode.

but then that means i have to download the PS3 cutscenes.

and that's a lot of work just to punch ninjas in the face.

My only other option is the Vita version, which plays perfectly well but looks like it was a PC game from 2004 set to low settings

Dsyndrome

All of this talk about MKX is making me want to reinstall MK9 just to replay the story mode.

My only other option is the Vita version, which plays perfectly well but looks like it was a PC game from 2004 set to low settings

Still need to beat on my Vita... so jarring watching the transition from cutscene to game.

MUnited83

For you.
DocSeuss, have you thought about using something like GoFundMe to raise some money for your medical bills, etc.?

Come on guys, let's think of something to help a brother out other than "hope it gets better"

We did do that last year.

I'd be happy to donate a few games if someone organizes a similar thread this year.

Vita version is the best version of MK9. Embrace it.

dex3108

GTA V looks good :D

16537696383_63c1919d58_o.png

abracadaver

PS3 cutscenes?

bengraven

Agreed.. it can be harsh at times.

If it helps, you can edit the file to get a jump on the game. Of course, the temptation to give yourself too much cash, etc can wreck the game for some.

That's what I'm worried about.

I just want a BIT more access to fuel and supplies, to get beyond the third line to the east (never been to Khan's for example) but I just can't get enough money. I also can't get enough to get a house so I can claim my own kid. lol

The random "cards"/events you get that require other "cards" is brilliant but frustrating sometimes too. "Oh I'm in the middle of no where but if I had a "strange catch" card I could have done something here?

Vita version is the best version of MK9. Embrace it.

I agree, it's actually the only version of MK9 that i've finished the story mode on. But it's also 4 gigs of space i have to find on my already-crammed 32 gig card. Plus, i like the idea of playing a heavily downsampled version of MK9, it must looked exceptionally sharp.

Sigh, i guess i better start downloading the PS3 cutscene pack when i get home.

MUnited83

For you.
PS3 cutscenes?

Many PC ports have horribly compressed cutscenes(normally because they are either ported from X360, or they want it to fit on the less dvds possible for the physical version). PS3 cutscenes, thanks to the size of blu-rays, can acommodate much bigger video files so they are often of much higher quality.

DocSeuss

Wanted good karma, instead ended up with a phone call that basically ended with my mom in tears asking why I would destroy my soul by writing about video games.

Great.

As pointed out, it happened last year (and it is the only reason I kept a roof over my head and received medical treatment). I'd feel really bad about doing another one, because I don't want to be a beggar. That's partly why I set up a Patreon. Someone just contributed a sizable dollar amount to it, but I have yet to get that. Should make May a little more bearable, but even then, it's like riding on the axles.

What I want is a job. That's it. A job that helps me pay medical stuff, rent, food, and school loans.

Supposedly I'm going to be hired as a consultant for games ~at some point~, which would pay pretty great, but the work would be sporadic/unpredictable, and I know I won't be getting anything in April. The second interview was a week ago, and I still haven't received the paperwork. Even then, there's a 'trial' I have to do, so it's not like it's a guaranteed gig. I could flub it and be stuck living off of patreon, theatre reception, and freelance writing. :|

Sadly, I think Evilore has said that things like that are not allowed anymore.

I wouldn't want to do one anyways. I felt horrible enough asking for help last time, and they kinda had to force me into it.

Saty

My brother bought GTA V and it appears in his sharable game list. What would happen if i were to install it? Would i get stuck at the Rockstar account stage? Can i create an account and play it?

Suddenly i want to get mk9 on my vita for some reason....

it's been $5 a few times. Fair warning: if you go digital, it's a ~4 gig download and it's ulgy as sin. It plays perfectly, just like all of the other versions, but it looks like a PSP game. Also, it does that thing that UMVC3 does on the Vita and SSFIV did on the 3DS where the backgrounds either barely move or dont move at all.

but if all you want is a portable version of MK9 then know that it plays like its bigger brothers and is both feature and content complete.

For me, staying positive is holding out hope that Origin will die, and EA will be forced to start selling games on Steam again. :p
I like the cut of your jib, sir!
EA Korea posted the full Humble Origin Bundle games list. Found it from steamgifts

DRuPE5Q.jpg
God Lord Almighty! If these are indeed the BTA surprises, the bundle is baaad.

I was secretly hoping for Saboteur and Mercenaries 2. This is lame.
YAY

2LbhK1d.png

4 years, 2,815 games.
Only 4 years? I thought you were gaming all across the board since.. forever!
Can't install the game if your PC Name has a hyphen in it, can't download the game with your graphics card enabled. That legendary Rockstar programming.
At least they made a huge leap compared to their last PC GTA. Then again, it seems impossible to do a worse job than that :p
Woo hoo, got my offer for my postgraduate in!

My shitty job can kiss my ass goodbye!

Yes I realise this nothing to do with Steam :p
Congrats!
To all the people saying things will get better, I doubt it.
No matter what you think, I hope things will get better for everyone here.
Life can be a pain but everyone's troubles are the biggest for themselves.
You have people, even if total foreigners, somewhat caring about your personal issues. That is more than many others can say :)

My brother bought GTA V and it appears in his sharable game list. What would happen if i were to install it? Would i get stuck at the Rockstar account stage? Can i create an account and play it?
Sorry for the bad news but I think you can't share any 3rd-party-DRM games. Whether Uplay or Social Club.

Would be happy for you to be proven wrong.

Nabs

You'd probably have to sign into his RS account.

Kiru

You would still need a Rockstar Social Club key. The Steam copy comes with one, that's how the streamers got their game stolen (lol).

MUnited83

For you.
Sorry for the bad news but I think you can't share any 3rd-party-DRM games. Whether Uplay or Social Club.

It's shareable...in a sense. You have to give access to the needed account. Some Uplay games have family sharing activated(like Trials Evolution), but you need to login with the correct Uplay account then.

EA killed the Mercs 2 online servers years ago on PC
So? They could still give the completely functional single player... :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can, and Steam even has a specific warning message for such games. It's just that they're generally not shareable since they don't work without the account owner's account/key.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird that the EA Humble Bundle lets you attach your purchase to a "group" for leaderboard purposes, but there's no "#OriginSucks" or "#WorstCompanyInAmerica" groups. Pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom