• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

EA Korea posted the full Humble Origin Bundle games list. Found it from steamgifts

DRuPE5Q.jpg

Wow... I hope that's not true. The last origin bundle was pretty good and with those addition these one doesn't seem on par with the last one.

EA killed the Mercs 2 online servers years ago on PC :(
I only need the SP ;)

But yeah, MP would be cool as well. Maybe there are fan-patches ala Crysis Wars? That also got its MP servers shut down but thanks to fans, now I can still play it with others. Woot! If only there were more players :(
It's shareable...in a sense. You have to give access to the needed account. Some Uplay games have family sharing activated(like Trials Evolution), but you need to login with the correct Uplay account then.
You can, and Steam even has a specific warning message for such games. It's just that they're generally not shareable since they don't work without the account owner's account/key.
Hm. Would someone who shares his Steam account also share his Uplay/Social Club account?

Or better. Did you give Enco this full access?

;)

Nah, just kidding. I didn't know that sharing those 3rd-party accounts would even work. That is good news. Rejoice Saty!

Dr Dogg

Ah nuts, I forgot you can't change your crew or approach to heist's in GTA V and I don't have an earlier save. Well I guess I could blast my way through the early missions again.

Tizoc

Bleh I forgot to bookmark it last time but could someone link to the GTA5 NeoGAF clan/group page please? I want to join.

Dr Dogg

Wait what..I am stuck with..shitttttttt

On your first playthrough it's not really a big deal as you probably wont know how to take advantage of the situation and make the most money. Though if you want to play both approaches or try different crew combinations I'd recommending making a separate save before the preliminary Heist setup mission.

The PC screenshot thread is becoming a GTA screenshot thread, not that I mind:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8712/16537244403_5a388def50_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That is awesome. Urge to splurge on a 21:9 monitor rising!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only 4 years? I thought you were gaming all across the board since.. forever!

I've been gaming pretty much non-stop since 1985. I just didn't get into PC gaming much until 4 years ago. I mean, I had played quite a few PC games prior to joining Steam (I remember upgrading my PC to 32MB of RAM back in the day, so that I could play Final Fantasy VII), but when Steam first began I was still pretty heavy into console gaming and stayed that way until 2011. One of the things that really "drew me in" about Steam was that during the big sales I could pick up PC copies of all the Playstation and Xbox games I always wanted to play but couldn't afford.

In fact, the first item I redeemed to my Steam account was the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (which ran from Apr 12, 2011 to Apr 26, 2011).

Origin is giving me games in double, get with the times steam!

Weird that the EA Humble Bundle lets you attach your purchase to a "group" for leaderboard purposes, but there's no "#OriginSucks" or "#WorstCompanyInAmerica" groups. Pity.

I assume they wanted to see some actual result, they know that such a tag would be the leader no matter what. But I'm willing to use #OriginFTW or something similar for a 10% discount.

Man going through my old humble bundle emails, have quite a few unredeemed things. Might have to garbage dump stuff I don't want here if I ever feel up to it.

And those additions to the Origin 2 bundle if they turn out to be true (which seems likely) are pretty damn disappointing. Was hoping to see Mass Effect 1 or 3, or something. Humble bundled Mass Effect 3 would actually cause me to download Origin for the first time, just for the multiplayer.

I've been gaming pretty much non-stop since 1985. I just didn't get into PC gaming much until 4 years ago. I mean, I had played quite a few PC games prior to joining Steam (I remember upgrading my PC to 32MB of RAM back in the day, so that I could play Final Fantasy VII), but when Steam first began I was still pretty heavy into console gaming and stayed that way until 2011. One of the things that really "drew me in" about Steam was that during the big sales I could pick up PC copies of all the Playstation and Xbox games I always wanted to play but couldn't afford.

In fact, the first item I redeemed to my Steam account was the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (which ran from Apr 12, 2011 to Apr 26, 2011).
Interesting. So you are saying Steam made you a PC gamer?

bakeray

Bought the origin bundle last night, had been wanting PvZ for a while and putting it in with those other games made the bundle a no brainer.

Now I have like roughly 300 hrs worth of games to sit unplayed in my account.

#thedream

Shadownet

Banned
The only game I want is Plants vs Zombies 2 and its kinda hard justifying paying for the entire bundle when I already have the rest :/

PS: Man I just read your post Seuss, things are tough for you. I hope your fortune turns around soon. <3 *hug* hang in there man.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting. So you are saying Steam made you a PC gamer?

Yes, definitely. I really loved Xbox and it's "digital locker" system they put in place when the 360 launched (2005). I liked the idea of being able to buy a game, then being able to play it regardless of whether or not my hardware failed. I liked the idea of "owning" digital content. I know now that Steam had this system in place much earlier, but like I said I was kind of obsessed with consoles from 1999-2011. Unfortunately a few years later, after spending thousands of dollars on Xbox Live Arcade games and DLC, my Xbox Live account was banned erroneously and my "digital locker" was closed shut. That was in 2007 or 2008, I think. After weeks of trying to contact Microsoft for a resolution, I finally just gave up. I kept playing games on my Xbox 360, but was stuck with single player games from discs.

Fast forward a few years, and I found myself with a bit of disposable income and decided to build myself a high-end computer. I started looking online to see what kinds of games were available and was surprised that most of the console games I enjoyed (and way more) were available on PC, but most of them were on a platform called Steam. Naturally, I was a bit hesitant to sign up for another "digital locker" service that could ultimately end with me losing my content again.

Finally, I saw a news article about this thing called Humble Bundle and how you could redeem the games on Steam, and everything clicked into place. The games were so cheap that I guess I figured it was worth the risks. Unlike Xbox Live where I was spending $30 for content like Oblivion: The Shivering Isles, I could spend $1 and get three different games on Steam. Then the Summer Sale hit and my mind was literally blown. I think I ended up dropping $300 on that sale, but by the time it was over with I think I already had more stuff on Steam than I ever did on Xbox Live. (For example, I repurchased Oblivion GOTY edition during that sale for $8.50).

I guess I was just a normal run of the mill Steam user, picking up games here and there, until the winter sale of 2012 when I finally got so fed up with Steam's website that I decided to do something about it.

Turfster

Daily Daedalic Armageddon Bundle 90% off
  • Deponia
  • Chaos on Deponia
  • Goodbye Deponia
  • The Whispered World
  • The Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
  • A New Beginning
  • Memoria
  • The Night of the Rabbit
  • Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • 1954 Alcatraz

DocSeuss

No matter what you think, I hope things will get better for everyone here.
Life can be a pain but everyone's troubles are the biggest for themselves.
You have people, even if total foreigners, somewhat caring about your personal issues. That is more than many others can say :)

You were saying?

That's me. On twitter. Detailing the loss and recovery of my fucking tooth.

My tooth just. Fucking. Fell out. TODAY. RIGHT NOW.

Still want to see Gal Civ III for 50% (or more) off again. Though I might have to wait until the summer sale...

Other than that not too much I'm interested in at the moment. Typically only buy games when they're on sale nowadays between the MMOs I play and a massive backlog. It just doesn't make sense to pay full price unless I need to play a game immediately.

Daily Daedalic Armageddon Bundle 90% off
  • Deponia
  • Chaos on Deponia
  • Goodbye Deponia
  • The Whispered World
  • The Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
  • A New Beginning
  • Memoria
  • The Night of the Rabbit
  • Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • 1954 Alcatraz

have all of those except for last 3

Turfster

have all of those except for last 3

Yeah, most of them have been bundled, and since Steam doesn't give discounts for stuff you own, unlike GOG (Hey Valve, when the fuck are you going to put this in? Seriously.), this is pretty much worthless to me.
If I could give the doubles away, maybe, but...

I was just listening to old giant bombcasts where they discussed how Dragon Age II has the worst reuse of environments i've ever heard of in an RPG. I wonder if someone made the opposite of the KOTOR2 mod, where they actually cut out the filler and only leave you with the parts of the game that actually matter.

Arthea

Yeah, most of them have been bundled, and since Steam doesn't give discounts for stuff you own, unlike GOG (Hey Valve, when the fuck are you going to put this in? Seriously.), this is pretty much worthless to me.
If I could give the doubles away, maybe, but...

never? Why would they reward you for buying games? Are you kidding?
I remember how I raged when I was punished first time, I think it was in steam thread, nobody seemed to understand what's wrong with me (><)

you seem to be really into not being a hero, ei? (><)
how was beta, btw?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-06BA913B3880873F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-2DAC9BFE84D2C79C - Taken by eyeless. 27 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dragon Age Origin -- MB-A5B0774B146D1616 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.

t1429122072z1.png

how was beta, btw?

I'm going to assume he can't comment because of the NDA, which I also signed. Trust me - when it comes to legalese, Roll7 has it covered. I was impressed by the scope of the NDA - had to include a digital signature as well.

Yes, definitely. I really loved Xbox and it's "digital locker" system they put in place when the 360 launched (2005). I liked the idea of being able to buy a game, then being able to play it regardless of whether or not my hardware failed. I liked the idea of "owning" digital content. I know now that Steam had this system in place much earlier, but like I said I was kind of obsessed with consoles from 1999-2011. Unfortunately a few years later, after spending thousands of dollars on Xbox Live Arcade games and DLC, my Xbox Live account was banned erroneously and my "digital locker" was closed shut. That was in 2007 or 2008, I think. After weeks of trying to contact Microsoft for a resolution, I finally just gave up. I kept playing games on my Xbox 360, but was stuck with single player games from discs.

Fast forward a few years, and I found myself with a bit of disposable income and decided to build myself a high-end computer. I started looking online to see what kinds of games were available and was surprised that most of the console games I enjoyed (and way more) were available on PC, but most of them were on a platform called Steam. Naturally, I was a bit hesitant to sign up for another "digital locker" service that could ultimately end with me losing my content again.

Finally, I saw a news article about this thing called Humble Bundle and how you could redeem the games on Steam, and everything clicked into place. The games were so cheap that I guess I figured it was worth the risks. Unlike Xbox Live where I was spending $30 for content like Oblivion: The Shivering Isles, I could spend $1 and get three different games on Steam. Then the Summer Sale hit and my mind was literally blown. I think I ended up dropping $300 on that sale, but by the time it was over with I think I already had more stuff on Steam than I ever did on Xbox Live. (For example, I repurchased Oblivion GOTY edition during that sale for $8.50).

I guess I was just a normal run of the mill Steam user, picking up games here and there, until the winter sale of 2012 when I finally got so fed up with Steam's website that I decided to do something about it.
Cool story. Really ;)

I got into PC gaming since I can remember. It was just all around me, my uncle, friends. My first gaming "console" was a PC - an Amiga 500. After selling that - sadly - we got a Win95 PC and since then it has been PC only for me. Could never make a console happen. Maybe in the future.

How come you can't get your Xbox library back? So much money gone to waste. I can't even imagine. Sorry man. You should try again with MS customer service. Many years have passed. Maybe they are more cooperative?
You were saying?

That's me. On twitter. Detailing the loss and recovery of my fucking tooth.

My tooth just. Fucking. Fell out. TODAY. RIGHT NOW.
Wow. Hey, at least you can make some surprising jokes on friends!

Always a silver lining!

derExperte

how was beta, btw?

Can't say because NDA. Not even sure I can say that I can't say. So pretend I'm Turfster and forget what you just read.

What I can say since I've been playing that on the Vita lately is that Olliolli 2 (from the same dev) is much improved over the already good first part. Fans should get it asap when it arrives on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom