• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Personally TNO didn't touch riddick at all if you ask me. It was a decent shooter that seems to get a lot praise just because it was old school based. Hopefully this downloadable game is better.

Arthea

That's pretty sad state of affairs when 2K badge is way cooler than 3K or 4K, only 5K is kinda OK, 2K is still the best, tho.

never? Why would they reward you for buying games? Are you kidding?
I remember how I raged when I was punished first time, I think it was in steam thread, nobody seemed to understand what's wrong with me (><)

you seem to be really into not being a hero, ei? (><)
how was beta, btw?
Sorry, cant say anything because of NDA maybe it was AMAZINGBALLS.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
vzilae.gif

Mmm... Beautiful!

Uraizen

Banned
Daily Daedalic Armageddon Bundle 90% off
  • Deponia
  • Chaos on Deponia
  • Goodbye Deponia
  • The Whispered World
  • The Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
  • A New Beginning
  • Memoria
  • The Night of the Rabbit
  • Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • 1954 Alcatraz

So... if I don't have any of those... good deal? Not sure if the games themselves are good.

Knurek

EA's pulling the plug on four free-to-play PC games

I hope they finally got the fucking hint ;)

oh, who am I kidding? it's EA ... of course they haven't

Obviously, you'll get the same kind of games, but from now on each will cost you &#8364;60.

So... if I don't have any of those... good deal? Not sure if the games themselves are good.

The Night of the Rabbit and Chains of Satinav/Memoria are great.
Deponia series looks great, but is a godawful game.
A New Beginning looks okay, but has a plot subtlety of an elephant in a china factory.
Whispered World is basically Deponia without the crass humor and with an ever more of an asshat for the main character.

Stick to the first three games I mention, really...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Killing Floor 2 system requirements and Digital Deluxe Edition revealed

As for the Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, it will sell for $39.99/£26.99/&#8364;36.99, compared to $29.99/&#8356;19.99/&#8364;26.99 for the standard release, and come with the DJ Scully character, with a unique voice pack and set of face and body skins; the "Scullyphones" headphones, 3D Glasses, and Bowler Hat cosmetic items, each with selectable variants; a digital art book and soundtrack; and, as mentioned, a copy of Killing Floor. All of the extra content will be available for purchase separately at a later date.

Arthea

Daedalic games surely aren't for everyone, you should play at least a demo of one before buying, I think, for example Deponia.
Oh wait... 90% discount? Disregard that, just buy

A New Beginning is dogshit, Deponia has the most irritating protagonist ever.
The rest is... better.

good that nobody reads your posts, or I would have to argue with you again

Dsyndrome

EA's pulling the plug on four free-to-play PC games

I hope they finally got the fucking hint ;)

oh, who am I kidding? it's EA ... of course they haven't

Isn't it about time for Worst Company of the Year again?
They won't win it, but they deserve more shit for shutting down fucking Maxis.
Edit: I actually like the Deponia games; only complaint is the "cat hair mustache" answers to some puzzles, but at least there's no death by accident. Whispered World's main character can fuck right off with his shit.

Uraizen

Banned
The Night of the Rabbit and Chains of Satinav/Memoria are great.
Deponia series looks great, but is a godawful game.
A New Beginning looks okay, but has a plot subtlety of an elephant in a china factory.
Whispered World is basically Deponia without the crass humor and with an ever more of an asshat for the main character.

Stick to the first three games I mention, really...

Only the pack itself is 90% off, so I can't pick and choose. =(

A New Beginning is dogshit, Deponia has the most irritating protagonist ever.
The rest is... better.

Sometimes I buy games solely because they're bad, so this might work out in my favor.

Daedalic games surely aren't for everyone, you should play at least a demo of one before buying, I think, for example Deponia.
Oh wait... 90% discount? Disregard that, just buy

Well that was convincing.

Absolutely, not every game is top notch and the English versions are worse than the German originals but you'll get lots of p&c goodness.

How are they worse? I know a little German, so if the option to play it that way exists then I might as well give it a shot.

Dr Dogg

Well while all you cool kids are enjoying the PC version of GTA V, spare a thought for me.

Then again I've put in 11 and a half hours like that, bouncing from mids 20's to mid 30's and still having a hoot.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bejeweled 3 (Steam) -- MB-CFB5AAF09A66D20F - Taken by Bayonetta. 10 entrants total.

t1429127473z1.png

Milamber

So... after trying out all the settings for GTA V and recieving continual micro stutter, i decided to Normal every graphical setting and restarted my PC.

Lo and behold, I get solid 60 fps ingame for 2 hours straight, even in forests. Decided to High Quality everything with Crowd Variety at zero and restart PC... HOLY SHIT, constant 60 fps with 45 dips in busy streets and forests.

Restarting the game doesn't work, restarting the PC does. Goddamn Rockstar and their memory leaking game.

This is on a 4670K with GTX 770 2GB card and both with all my overclocks disabled.

I'm satisfied now.

Knurek

Ys I is amazing.
Pity the 16:9 (well, 30:17 or whatever) mode is so blurry. Falcom could've used some nice resamplers here, instead of bilinear filtering.
Music is great. Dungeons are great. Story is... great for a 1987 game.
Really happy I chose Ys I and Ys II for my 51st/52nd game.

Maniac

Banned

madjoki

Nothing great. Two-factor and bug fixes. Maybe there are stealth features that will be turned on!

From #steamdb.

[22:18:36] < xPaw> bloody hell
[22:18:42] < xPaw> even with hardware acceleration this app lags like complete arse
[22:18:46] < xPaw> sidebar menu scrolls at like 15 fps
[22:19:08] < xPaw> aaaaaaaaaaand the app froze

Typical valve

louiedog

So my Steam Guard options in the app are still only email and off. It doesn't appear that you can actually even get the authentication code from the app yet.

Miguel81

Ys I is amazing.
Pity the 16:9 (well, 30:17 or whatever) mode is so blurry. Falcom could've used some nice resamplers here, instead of bilinear filtering.
Music is great. Dungeons are great. Story is... great for a 1987 game.
Really happy I chose Ys I and Ys II for my 51st/52nd game.

Nice games with some great tunes. Ended up using 4:3 with no filtering due to the cropped widescreen and I dislike the blur. The first was particularly brutal on Nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom