• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I have hard time believing those requirements due to how bad it ran during beta just last weekend. Everything above recommended expect GPU (6870) everything at default.

5 minutes to load level and constant stuttering/freezing for few seconds.

Maybe it just doesn't like my PC :(

General consensus is that the game performs very well, load times for me are even lower than in KF1. Your CPU? SSD?

How are they worse? I know a little German, so if the option to play it that way exists then I might as well give it a shot.

Just like German versions are usually worse when the original is English, you just notice it wasn't originally written in that language especially if there are lots of jokes. And the voice actors are a downgrade.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
KF2Content_Img_01.jpg

KILLING FLOOR 2 Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following to the base game:

• DJ Scully character, with unique voice pack and set of face/body skins
  • Additional cosmetic items (each with multiple selectable variants):
  • “Scullyphones” headphones for DJ Scully, Mr Foster, Hayato Tanaka and Donovan Neal
  • 3D Glasses for Ana Larive and Hayato Tanaka
  • Bowler Hat for Mr. Foster and Reverend Alberts
  • Killing Floor 2 Soundtrack
  • Killing Floor 2 Digital Artbook (over 200+ pages!)
  • Copy of original Killing Floor 1 game

PC SPECS for KILLING FLOOR 2

Minimum:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
GPU: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
RAM: 3GB

Recommended:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950
RAM: 4GB

394.gif

Tizoc

Ys I is amazing.
Pity the 16:9 (well, 30:17 or whatever) mode is so blurry. Falcom could've used some nice resamplers here, instead of bilinear filtering.
Music is great. Dungeons are great. Story is... great for a 1987 game.
Really happy I chose Ys I and Ys II for my 51st/52nd game.

Right now Ys 1 and 2 tie as my least fav. games in the series. I may need to replay 2 to judge it better but as is
Roo transformation is the only thing keeping it from being under Ys 1 haha

Dsyndrome

Right now Ys 1 and 2 tie as my least fav. games in the series. I may need to replay 2 to judge it better but as is
Roo transformation is the only thing keeping it from being under Ys 1 haha

Unfortunately, those are the only ones I've played thus far, and I own all of them. Ys 2 sits installed and only and hour in right now, last progress last year sometime.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WhiskeyDiver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WhiskeyDiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Potatoman Seeks the Roof -- MB-A186E545064AE215 - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
Bret Airborne -- MB-4C03542002A4BEC3 - Taken by Lomax. 2 entrants total.
Crayon Chronicles -- MB-A6C7FC9EA9F80BEE - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-357B2C398946C3E9
The Bluecoats: North vs South -- MB-0958E12BBE4877A5 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.

The Detail Episode 1: Where the Dead Lie -- MB-A95006025EE9F827
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-ED2CD9DE1C80E5D9 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Call of the Ninja -- MB-BCE2BD967A637210 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Bet on Soldier -- MB-952781FF53CF6F16 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-3E9FD1475BE1AFB2 - Taken by Blak_Status. 3 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-229CC99D6BA29C13
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation City of Death -- MB-3E3752D710C407AA
Cargo Commander -- MB-C4FBC081C20DF584 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Legendary -- MB-303DE0A6B35DCA52 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Rocketbirds: Hardbroiled Chicken -- MB-C2E234DEA0A18AD3
Nihilumbra -- MB-A71735A8455434D8 - Taken by DriftedPlanet. 3 entrants total.
Guncraft -- MB-A35FDAA57AE04D79 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
AERENA Masters Edition -- MB-2B262CFDF60D7051 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-BFC92B1D553556AB - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-A142F136F6C9FD1F - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-5A05A655EBAF66DF - Taken by Se7enSword. 5 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-20DD329F96CAA90C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
ORIGIN SUPER BUNDLE: Redeems: Dragon Age: Origins, Peggle, Dead Space 2, Command & Conquer Generals Plus Zero Hour, Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Dragon Age II, Bejeweled 3, and Mass Effect 2 -- MB-1333506FD91FB4CC - Taken by Darth Kupi. 18 entrants total.
Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends -- MB-D90AC1A0DC404443 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-477AA0FA945F4310 - Taken by Kirosia. 14 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-C0A15871909A80D1 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition -- MB-36BC1319E3465195 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition -- MB-810B0F3ED9019508 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Bard to the Future -- MB-2FA5905165CBF80E - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.
Home -- MB-ED9804E2F5A071E5 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Cubicity -- MB-9ECCD93894F65C02
Velvet Assassin -- MB-FF4CCEE8B1ABCE41

t1429131313z1.png

madjoki

General consensus is that the game performs very well, load times for me are even lower than in KF1. Your CPU? SSD?

i7 3960x. (So 6-core Intel, old model but still very competitive)

Didn't use SSD for this, but it still doesn't explain this behavior.
It must just hate me for some reason.

Ys I is amazing.
Pity the 16:9 (well, 30:17 or whatever) mode is so blurry. Falcom could've used some nice resamplers here, instead of bilinear filtering.
Music is great. Dungeons are great. Story is... great for a 1987 game.
Really happy I chose Ys I and Ys II for my 51st/52nd game.

Ys II has real pain in the ass dungeon designs, though. Get a walkthrough before it's too late

Uraizen

Banned
Just like German versions are usually worse when the original is English, you just notice it wasn't originally written in that language especially if there are lots of jokes. And the voice actors are a downgrade.

Ooooh, now I get it, it's one of those situations.

FloatOn

filed my taxes yesterday. some of my return money will go towards a new PC. I'll be back in the game hopefully in time for Witcher 3.

Uraizen

Banned
Huh... got a 50% off coupon for Garry's Mod from crafting a badge. It seems I'm the only person alive who doesn't own this on my friend's list.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BANZAI PECAN LAST HOPE FOR THE YOUNG CENTURY -- MB-07D481B2F3563C19 - Taken by Sendou
Analogue A Hate Story -- MB-D2F1325AA4DC5F3F - Taken by crazyrabbits

Accoun

Meanwhile my friend sent me a link to a Japanese programming challenges website and yes,
It has waifus. I find this quite amusing, but I guess like always: they know their audience
(it's still PC-related, right? :p)

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
DLC

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
ACE FOUNDER PACK DLC -- MB-C15F56B51571A840 - Taken by lindarasta

Steam has a thousand ways to make sure i am really me but fuck me they'll never let me redeem a key through my browser will they?

when even nintendo is ahead of you in a feature, that's when you're fucking up.

Parsnip

Speaking of curious things in steamdb, 1 day ago Dark Souls PtDE got a new branch named "jetpackinteractive".

Quick googling reveals that Jetpack is a Canadian developer.

Mysterious.

madjoki

Steam has a thousand ways to make sure i am really me but fuck me they'll never let me redeem a key through my browser will they?

Yeah, don't know why.

If anyone really wants they could 'easily' do their own using SteamKit thought.
SteamKit is basically Steam Client done using .NET. It's used mainly for bots and sites like SteamDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom