• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Played through Kentucky Route Zero - Act 3. Am I supposed to know what the hell is going on in this game? Every time I play it my confusion just grows deeper. Like my head is all dizzy when playing it. Not that I'm not enjoying myself. It has very topnotch presentation and the story while weird is still enjoyable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-66267C1BA8AA781E - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.

t1429137196z1.png

NSFW Lakeview Cabin screenshot
This game is hilarious
You control 4 different characters and have them run around doing different things and mostly trying to survive once the monsters come out. Tons of different gory deaths and there's tons of interactivity everywhere, in this case a foursome!

Skyzard

Banned
If you attach an ROW (worldwide) key to your account while on holiday - does it lock to the IP of the country you are in when you attached it? (for games with region locks for online).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So Codemasters is having a sale in their own store:

https://store.codemasters.com/

And since their games are all Steamworks now, I should just get a key or something, right?
It just says "download" under delivery method.
Going to answer myself here: It was just a Steam key, worked well and the game is already downloading.

Maybe that sale is interesting for some people.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-B479587B83D10D2A - Taken by GrinningColossus. 7 entrants total.

t1429138517z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
If you attach an ROW (worldwide) key to your account while on holiday - does it lock to the IP of the country you are in when you attached it? (for games with region locks for online).
Nah. If its a ROW key, the online region lock would be defined the IP you start the game with each time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool story. Really ;)

I got into PC gaming since I can remember. It was just all around me, my uncle, friends. My first gaming "console" was a PC - an Amiga 500. After selling that - sadly - we got a Win95 PC and since then it has been PC only for me. Could never make a console happen. Maybe in the future.

How come you can't get your Xbox library back? So much money gone to waste. I can't even imagine. Sorry man. You should try again with MS customer service. Many years have passed. Maybe they are more cooperative?

I also grew up around PCs and PC gaming, but I also always had consoles. I moved out on my own when I was 16, and for a long time I didn't have enough money to build a decent enough computer that would be powerful enough for gaming. I would play PC games, but it would be long after they'd been released (such as playing Diablo 2 up through about 2006) and consoles were always less expensive to maintain because I could get a small windfall of cash (such as a tax refund) then buy the system. Then I could rent the games or borrow them from friends.

I'm really not worried about getting my Xbox Live stuff back, honestly. I was really upset about it for a long time but now I'm completely over it. As a result, I don't plan on buying a Microsoft console again in the future. Ever. I have literally zero interest in getting an Xbox One. Last fall I picked up a Playstation 4, love it, and last month bought a Playstation 3. My Xbox 360 is already tucked away with the rest of my "retro" game consoles, and I don't think I've bought a new game for it since about 2010. Now it's great because I get to pick up the stuff for the Playstation 3 that I missed during it's lifespan that never made it to PC, and all the games are pretty cheap.

Like you said, it's such a waste of money, but it's money I spent almost 10 years ago. Oh well, Microsoft's loss.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
STOP EVERYTHING.

I have Air Classic because I like it black but if the new version has black than I will switch.

The developer said soon, which might be another month or so depending. I've gotten used to the white version but I think I'd prefer the darker theme just to go along with the rest of Steam's color theme.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do you get it to be dark?

To get it to look like this:

Which is the current "Dark" scheme but not the fully dark scheme the dev plans on releasing, you have to go into the skin's folder, open up config and change the colors section to look like this:

Code:
	//	Colors
	//	_______

//	This section will change the focus color of Air.
	//	Please choose one option below and delete the 2 forward slashes " // " at the start of that line.
	//	When you are done, make sure every OTHER line in this section is commented out.

//include "resource/colors/breeze.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/sea.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/sky.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/slate.styles"
			include "resource/colors/truffle.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/gunmetal.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/grass.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/rose.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/cinnabar.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/lavender.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/lilac.styles"

That will activate the Black Truffle theme and make the bars and accents dark. Slate and Gunmetal look alright too, but I prefer the truffle.

Looking at the db page, it seems that they're still updating the page.
It'll come, eventually. :D

To get it to look like this:

iHmevlAj6NZZG.png

Which is the current "Dark" scheme but not the fully dark scheme the dev plans on releasing, you have to go into the skin's folder, open up config and change the colors section to look like this:

Code:
	//	Colors
	//	_______

//	This section will change the focus color of Air.
	//	Please choose one option below and delete the 2 forward slashes " // " at the start of that line.
	//	When you are done, make sure every OTHER line in this section is commented out.

//include "resource/colors/breeze.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/sea.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/sky.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/slate.styles"
			include "resource/colors/truffle.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/gunmetal.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/grass.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/rose.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/cinnabar.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/lavender.styles"
			//include "resource/colors/lilac.styles"

That will activate the Black Truffle theme and make the bars and accents dark. Slate and Gunmetal look alright too, but I prefer the truffle.

Wow, I love it.
However, why is that my steam looks different?
Especially the upper menu, mine is kinda messed up. Default air skin is also like this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Looking at the db page, it seems that they're still updating the page.
It'll come, eventually. :D

Wow, I love it.
However, why is that my steam looks different?
Especially the upper menu, mine is kinda messed up. Default air skin is also like this.

...huh, I wonder why? The skin was updated very recently so there shouldn't be any errors with the client!

Using the new Steam Air skin. For those of you who want the traditional dark style like me
you can go here

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/airforsteam/discussions/1/620695877289424668/#p13

Follow the link there and download the new color style, just make sure to put it in the appropriate folder.

Ooooh, nice! I'm going to have to check this out and see how I like it. Didn't realize there was a community maintained dark version already.

inm8num2

Air truly is the best skin.

Played through Kentucky Route Zero - Act 3. Am I supposed to know what the hell is going on in this game? Every time I play it my confusion just grows deeper. Like my head is all dizzy when playing it. Not that I'm not enjoying myself. It has very topnotch presentation and the story while weird is still enjoyable.

It's been awhile since I played Act 3 (whenever it came out), so I don't recall many of the details. However, the story overall seems to put emphasis on surreal metaphors and whatnot. Hopefully Acts 4 and 5 come sooner rather than later and we can find what the hell the game was about. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom