• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quest for Infamy -- MB-7D6E4C56BB1019DF - Taken by Naked Snake
Dead Space 2 -- MB-5F18074B8C230FD1 - Taken by Jawmuncher
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-F038BBCC5ECBCB5D - Taken by dot
Pretentious Game -- MB-DEE0DC89BEAE805D - Taken by Vlad
The Last Door Collector's Edition -- MB-D5C80C57B9F36BBD - Taken by Cth

* Dragon Age is probably only the standard edition, no DLC.

Turfster

Windows is telling me GTA5 is using too much memory and I should close it.

...and then it promptly crashes.

What is happening?

Windows is probably right for once.
Sounds like a rather severe memory leak, if windows gets involved.
How much system mem do you have/how big is your swap?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Windows is telling me GTA5 is using too much memory and I should close it.

...and then it promptly crashes.

What is happening?

Memory leak

Windows is probably right for once.
Sounds like a rather severe memory leak, if windows gets involved.
How much system mem do you have/how big is your swap?

no, no - it's the game itself ... that port is leaky as a colander ;) I've seen a lot of people complain about that ... so - just one more thing for them to patch ... someday
(as they don't even seem too keen on patching the freaking social flub for the people who can't play the game AT ALL ... or even let anyone know they're working on patching it)

_hekk05

Banned
First drop

Should i sell it or is better to wait? Higher request to buy is $0.59

never been too much into the market

The only option is to buy the rest of the set and craft them badges

Also puush had malware injected into their service a couple of weeks back so I'd avoid them for now.

Turfster

no, no - it's the game itself ... that port is leaky as a colander ;) I've seen a lot of people complain about that ... so - just one more thing for them to patch ... someday
(as they don't even seem too keen on patching the freaking social flub for the people who can't play the game AT ALL ... or even let anyone know they're working on patching it)

Yes, but it takes a certain percentage of memory/swap use for windows to actually go "hey, uh, these guys keep forgetting to release memory" ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quest for Infamy -- MB-98C3EF94503D5023 - Taken by texhnolyze
Pretentious Game -- MB-736994874EFB1821 - Taken by ExoSoul
The Last Door CE -- MB-DA256E6373743756 - Taken by Blu(e)

MUnited83

For you.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Pretentious Game Giveaway:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

ulgzbKC.png
Pixel Star (Desura) -- MB-32E08759EE2E08DA - Taken by Eila
Three Fourths Home -- MB-0BAE850F16503B3B - Taken by bobnowhere
THE LAST DOOR: COLLECTOR'S EDITION -- MB-F2A7257AA1D2DD3E - Taken by Sammichu
QUEST FOR INFAMY -- MB-0146E1E6D6275378 - Taken by Stumpokapow
PRETENTIOUS GAME -- MB-EACDEDDDF307BAD0 - Taken by Lomax
RAGE RUNNER -- MB-102FF8BD75687A4D - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Weird, the steam page says I've unlocked 8 achievements for Lakeview Cabin which I did but clicking on view achievements or online shows only two :/

Edit: Starting the game up again seems to have fixed it

AAA studios have apparently totally left Straya now, with the closure of 2K Australia (the Borderlands: Pre-sequel studio)

The Australian dollar has crashed hard in the past few months and with the overwhelming incompetence of the federal government, it's only going to drop further. Once publishers realise it's cheaper again, some will come back. Some tax breaks would be nice too, though unlikely with Luddite governments spread far and wide across this land.

Oddly prices haven't dropped for games yet!

I'm thinking of picking up an SSD, but I don't want to spring for a huge drive that can store all my games. Is there a good option these days for quickly and easily moving games to and from different drives/libraries? Is Steam Mover reliable? Is there something better out there?

For those running the RSC version of GTAV, how are you capturing lossless photos? I'm used to just using the Steam overlay or GeDoSaTo.

And also, is there even a way to add the RSC version to Steam? None of the launchers work for me that way.

Helmholtz

I'm thinking of picking up an SSD, but I don't want to spring for a huge drive that can store all my games. Is there a good option these days for quickly and easily moving games to and from different drives/libraries? Is Steam Mover reliable? Is there something better out there?
There might be a better way, but what I did was copy paste them over to a new drive, uninstall them, then install them again in that new location. It detects the files that are there and you don't have to re-download anything.
A bit of a pain because you have to do it one by one, but it works.

Khronico

So I got my alienware alpha today. I was all excited to play games in 1080p but unfortunately I can't seem to get any game to recognize my TV resolution. I have a big 1080p TV in the living room which works perfectly, games recognize the resolution and everything, but my little 1080i TV in my bedroom does not work properly. Due to scaling issues I adjusted the resolution down to 1768x992 to fit the screen space. None of the games I've tried (ground zeroes, last light) will go past 720p on this thing. Has anyone had experience with this before? This is my first time trying to use a TV as my monitor.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

There might be a better way, but what I did was copy paste them over to a new drive, uninstall them, then install them again in that new location. It detects the files that are there and you don't have to re-download anything.
A bit of a pain because you have to do it one by one, but it works.

Steam's backup and restore function should work for multiple games.

Reckoner

For those running the RSC version of GTAV, how are you capturing lossless photos? I'm used to just using the Steam overlay or GeDoSaTo.

And also, is there even a way to add the RSC version to Steam? None of the launchers work for me that way.

How did you manage to get the Steam overlay with the RSC version?

Benedict

Seems like I had extreme luck/misfortune and won two Modbot giveaways for Bejeweled 3...
Should I contact the giver and then give one of them away by myself?
Or contact one of the original giver and let them handle it?

Skyzard

Banned
Nah. If its a ROW key, the online region lock would be defined the IP you start the game with each time.

Phew, thank you!

Also about the codemaster sale, f1 2014 - only racing game I fucking hated. Bought it at launch and played barely anything. You can't spin out your vehicle even if you try. Very casual feeling for me. Some fans of the series still like it, maybe the controls mean they can focus on the positioning etc more but it really pissed me off. Driving mods in Assetto Corsa is much more satisfying. There are shit loads of f1 mods for it too.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine

Not sure what RSC is but you can add any non steam game to steam and launch it with the steam overlay. I think that allows you to take pictures.

Reckoner

Not sure what RSC is but you can add any non steam game to steam and launch it with the steam overlay. I think that allows you to take pictures.

There's an issue because of the launcher where it shows the logo splash and then terminates the process. Not sure if anyone managed to fix that yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like I had extreme luck/misfortune and won two Modbot giveaways for Bejeweled 3...
Should I contact the giver and then give one of them away by myself?
Or contact one of the original giver and let them handle it?

Nuke the key as per the instructions here and then give it away yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom