• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
read again, kindly

Ah, I misread the translated text, haha. I'm just going to take the coward's way out and blame Google for all the confusion. :p

now my head hurts even more.
Let's start from the beginning. Is there a ROW sub for this game? There is.
For what unearthly reason half of Europe can't buy a game wherever they wish again and what Poland has to do with it?

Because those countries are covered by the Eastern version of the game, which has its own app.

Arthea

Ah, I misread the translated text, haha. I'm just going to take the coward's way out and blame Google for all the confusion. :p

Because those countries are covered by the Eastern version of the game, which has its own app.

so what? Why lock the other version? It's no cheaper, it's exactly the same game, and at least 80% countries in that list plays in English. It's just makes no sense.

This is how wwiii starts isn't it?

definitely (><)

Cenega (which is a Polish company, distributes to Poland/Czech Rep/Slovakia, and is also a part of 1C group) has an exclusivity deal with Bethesda to distribute their games in Central/Eastern Europe.
So we all get special subs for Steamworks games, which makes JaseC happy.

Now I hate Bethesda even more, thanks for giving me more reasons as it there was need for more;)

What's my Steam downloading?
I assume it's MK X as I set it on auto-update, perhaps it's the skin's bug or something?

O2o8n3f.jpg

But I have no fun money!

It's now or next year! (if you're waiting for a sale).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so what? Why lock the other version? It's no cheaper, it's exactly the same game, and at least 80% countries in that list plays in English. It's just makes no sense.

For the same reason that Bethesda locks out Wolf14 ROW for Germany: Because. ;)

Accoun

someone at valve decided to do something useful for an hour or two.

I'm pretty sure it's just some intern that accidentally spilled out "I've started going through a Java/Android tutorial recently" during a conversation and someone overheard it.
And yes, Valve most likely doesn't offer internships

Arthea

Batches? We don't need no stinkin batches.

we don't need no fragmentation
we don't need no region locks
no dark sarcasm in the steamroom
publishers leave them gamers alone
hey publishers leave them gamers alone!

sorry it was too hard to resist

edited: actually it needs ending, there is no way around it

All in all you're just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

I thought that's the normal way of things.
or sadder than usual?

Wow, I love it.
However, why is that my steam looks different?
Especially the upper menu, mine is kinda messed up. Default air skin is also like this.

Bf7jGsB.jpg

Ok, regarding this issue, I think I really messed up my Steam client.
I've already tried checking for client update but it says it's already up-to-date.
So, last resort is to re-install my Steam client, and I found out that I installed Steam three years ago. It's one of the first programs I installed on my PC back then and I've never uninstall my Windows since then. How "old" is your Windows? :D

L.O.R.D

Ok, regarding this issue, I think I really messed up my Steam client.
I've already tried checking for client update but it says it's already up-to-date.
So, last resort is to re-install my Steam client, and I found out that I installed Steam three years ago. It's one of the first programs I installed on my PC back then and I've never uninstall my Windows since then. How "old" is your Windows? :D

winamp ?
98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

Dr Dogg

How "old" is your Windows? :D

3 PC's in the house, all run flawlessly. Work PC = Oct 2014, original installation. Play PC = Jan 2014, third install due to stupid motherboard issues. Old play PC but now HTPC = May 2009 original installation. Proper maintenance over constant reformatting any day.

EDIT: But seriously, 7-zip AND Winzip?

Rag on WinAmp ad Yahoo messenger all you like but 7-zip is the better archive tool out there. Certainly not nagware like WinRar and not bloated like Winzip.

3 PC's in the house, all run flawlessly. Work PC = Oct 2014, original installation. Play PC = Jan 2014, third install due to stupid motherboard issues. Old play PC but now HTPC = May 2009 original installation. Proper maintenance over constant reformatting any day.

Rag on WinAmp ad Yahoo messenger all you like but 7-zip is the better archive tool out there. Certainly not nagware like WinRar and not bloated like Winzip.

Since there is PowerDVD on it, I guess it must be a laptop.

I had no idea, I just installed them all of zip and archive tool to make sure haha.
It's a PC, and that PowerDVD is also an old habit of mine. When was it actually peaked, late 90s? lol.

Dr Dogg

I had no idea, I just installed them all of zip and archive tool to make sure haha.
It's a PC, and that PowerDVD is also an old habit of mine. When was it actually peaked, late 90s? lol.

My usually go to set of tools to download for a fresh Windows install are:-

Utils
7-Zip
Sumatra PDF Viewer
CCleaner
f.lux
Dropbox
GameSave Manager

Media Playback & Communication
MPC-HC
Foobar
Monitoring, Benchmarking & Tweaking
CPU-Z
GPU-Z
Hardware Monitor
Real Temp
MSI Afterburner
Nvidia Inspector
FRAPS
FRAPS Benchviewer
OCCT
CINEBENCH
Heaven and Valley benches

Anitvirus & Malware (if needed)
Malwarebytes
Bitdefender Free

And even then I consider that too much most of the time. If I need an FTP client I'll usually drop Filezilla on there and web browsers are usually all over the place. For text editing Notepad++ still does the trick as does Vim.

Arthea

I need to take my words back... you aren't a madman, Knurek, I am, I've played way more than you, just in hours, not in games (><)

edited: you use MSI Afterburner, Doggie? I never thought you would.
edit2: no rar too? now I'm even more surprised

Dr Dogg

I need to take my words back... you aren't a madman, Knurek, I am, I've played way more than you, just in hours, not in games (><)

edited: you use MSI Afterburner, Doggie? I never thought you would.
edit2: no rar too? now I'm even more surprised

EVGA Precision is fucked since they went on their own and Unwinder has been adding loads to Afterburner that's pretty much made using several other applications redundant.

Top of the list, 7-Zip, all I've ever needed for yonks.

Arthea

EVGA Precision is fucked since they went on their own and Unwinder has been adding loads to Afterburner that's pretty much made using several other applications redundant.

Top of the list, 7-Zip, all I've ever needed for yonks.

I can't comprehend this, I have 7zip and rar, it was like this for really long time now and I can't see it any other way, rar is just too good and universal.

So these showed up a little while ago. One for me and the rest for you guys.

Figured I'd raffle one every few hours so every time zone gets a chance, but maybe that gets a little too spammy? Let me know.

Anyway here's the first one

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham -- MB-8E77CFB9250DCDFB - Taken by trailmix16. 61 entrants total.

t1429192099z1.png

Milamber

So these showed up a little while ago. One for me and the rest for you guys.

Figured I'd raffle one every few hours so every time zone gets a chance, but maybe that gets a little too spammy? Let me know.

Anyway here's the first one

Awesome! Was there some price mistake in a store or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom