• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
VLC has nothing on MPC-BE + madVR + LAV + ReClock + XySubFilter!

Prefect playback.
Installing and configuring all that (with a tutorial) some time ago (coming from CCCP) improved the quality of videos by a huge amount. Anime never looked so good before.

VLC has nothing on MPC-BE + madVR + LAV + ReClock + XySubFilter!

Prefect playback.

giphy8ouvm.gif

And who cares about remote!?

Installing and configuring all that (with a tutorial) some time ago (coming from CCCP) improved the quality of videos by a huge amount. Anime never looked so good before.

Okay, now you got me interested.

you just reminded me about those "business" calls from Hong Kong, or wherever that gang is located, they call and speak really fast especially introduction part that you never are able to hear or decipher. I always wonder, how can anybody fall for that? And if not, who pays for those calls, and how on earth they get so much info about companies.

Mostly of people are really easy to trick, my father other day asked my help telling there were viruses on his smartphone, it was just these stupid ads you get when browsing the web using a mobile device.

Legend of Kay Anniversary. Anyone played it and know if it's any good?

Donut Games also made their Steam debut with Traps N' Gemstones.Out know. $7.99€

So I just got a call from 'Microsoft' telling me my computer was under attack right now and that they were calling to help me. Funny thing is that I'm at work, and sat in front of a Mac. Told the guy to jog on and then low and behold the phone on the desk next me rung, same type of call, probably same guy. Now I know this is as old as the hills and one reason we don't have a phone connected at home but I didn't expect these folks to be that determined to go through sequential numbers to infinity.

We get them at home too. 100% of the time it's someone from India. I tend to screw around with them, either playing really dumb ("Oops! I accidentally googled the site you wanted me to go to, and I have a bunch of page listings now saying that it's a scam! What's going on?") or calling them out on their bullshit ("Where are you calling from, "Peter?" Canada, huh? What city? Vancou City, huh? What time is it there? A quarter to six, you say? (it should be 12:30 there) How fascinating!") It's amazing, though: even when caught in a contradiction, they don't give up. There's no Phoenix Wright-esque "Nooooo!" but simply "I'm not a liar, I really am Peter from a city I can't properly identify in a time zone that's not only impossible where I should be, but anywhere in the world, and your computer has problems." Unless you tell them that you're in IT or you're a cop (in which case they'll hang up immediately) they will ALWAYS assume that they're smarter than you, even though they seem to employ the dumbest people on the planet.

derExperte

Only 4 more hours until Westerado. Hnnnngh.

And those Nixon videos are great. TIL that 'Negroes aren't smart enough to be spies'.

wilflare

So these showed up a little while ago. One for me and the rest for you guys.

Figured I'd raffle one every few hours so every time zone gets a chance, but maybe that gets a little too spammy? Let me know.

Anyway here's the first one

:O how did you get so many lol

Kiru

Just install KCP and set it to second highest setting and be blown away.

And uninstall the previously installed Codec Pack before you do that though ?

EDIT: Yep. "Most importantly, uninstall all previously used codec packs/players prior to installing KCP. (MPC-HC, CCCP, ffdshow, madVR, Haali, K-lite, CoreAVC etc.)
Conflicts with existing codecs may hinder your ability to play content effectively."

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Mostly of people are really easy to trick, my father other day asked my help telling there were viruses on his smartphone, it was just these stupid ads you get when browsing the web using a mobile device.
Our household has been bombarded with fake "IRS officers" threatening us in the past month. It's past tax day in the US so its stopped.

Sarcasm

I make nothing anyways! So if they do anything what they gonna take my steam account?

Also anybody got a witcher 1 save? I am not going to play that - cause I can't sit through it. Think I can do W2 though.

Parsnip

For this post, I assume. The thread as a whole is a graveyard.
Can't say I'm terribly surprised at the post, or the ban.
Also #team7zip is best team, no need for anything else.
Preach.
List of applications
That list looks nearly identical to mine. Spooky.

Legend of Kay Anniversary. Anyone played it and know if it's any good?
Yup, played it back when it was new on PS2. It's a fun little 3D platformer with a great soundtrack by virt.
Wishlisted, I wonder what the price is going to be, I think the amazon listing had it at €25. So maybe a -10% of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom