• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Nothing that even if measured wouldn't fall outside of the margin of error.

Just finished setting up my 1080p downsampled res, did some benchmarking with 1080p native vs downsampled 1080p. Your correct, I didn't have any FPS difference in any of the games I tested. Also I'd like to say that 1080p looks really nice, I don't really feel like I need AA with resolution that crisp.

I'd also like to mention that I really don't see any visual difference between HBAO and SSAO, maybe my eyes are bad or something. On the bright side I can safely disable this stuff and get some extra frames without caring.

Dr Dogg

I wish they would keep Endless Space supported as well...

They keep on adding little tweaks here and there, even added Spanish as a language recently but as far as big content goes I think they might have moved on. On their roadmap page only Legend and Dungeon are there now.

rtcn63

I won a second copy of Mass Effect 2 from WhiskeyDiver, asked him if it was okay give it away- he didn't answer, so I'm guessing it's no biggie. Quote this post for the humble link. (Lemme know if the key works)

Actually there's some pretty cool things the Amplitude guys and girls are doing during the free weekend of Endless games.

http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Free-Weekend

AMPLITUDE has some really cool ideas. I'll do my part!

And for anyone wording, their games are good stuff if you're a 4X fan. You'll arrive for the great presentation and style, then stay for A Game of Numbers. (Note: I haven't actually played Dungeon of the Endless, but from everything I've heard it's as good as their other games.)

derExperte

From http://www.wingamestore.com/pay-what-you-want/ if someone forgot to grab or missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-4739A52A36F7B7E5
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-776AB13F2FB012CD - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-2DEC03F4F4554B54 - Taken by pahamrick. 3 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-0A4B8006570F315A - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.

t1429206199z1.png

I won a second copy of Mass Effect 2 from WhiskeyDiver, asked him if it was okay give it away- he didn't answer, so I'm guessing it's no biggie. Quote this post for the humble link. (Lemme know if the key works)

I snagged it and it worked! Thanks to you and WhiskeyDiver!
6NE3aIi.png

I even got more than I expected. Baby's first STD, yay!
Because why not.
Are you having fun? Or better, do have more fun than GTA4?
I don't think R* San Diego had anything to do with GTAV so an RDRedemption sequel is probably quite far along at this point.
Hm. I am a noob when it comes to Studios, so I was actually thinking from a Publisher perspective. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring RDR after GTAV+DLC incomes have slowed down to not cannibalize?

Hm. I am a noob when it comes to Studios, so I was actually thinking from a Publisher perspective. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring RDR after GTAV+DLC incomes have slowed down to not cannibalize?

Believe it or not, we are nearly 2 years out from GTAV's release and almost exactly 5 years since RDR came out. We'll hear about it (whether it's rumors or confirmation) before the end of the year i imagine, San Diego has to show what they've been doing for 5 years already.

Believe it or not, we are nearly 2 years out from GTAV's release and almost exactly 5 years since RDR came out. We'll hear about it (whether it's rumors or confirmation) before the end of the year i imagine, San Diego has to show what they've been doing for 5 years already.
Wow. 2 years since GTAV hit PS360 and 5 years since RDR? Time flies by. They are both still new games for me, in my head.
I am eager to be proven wrong by San Diego Studio's RDR Remaster reveal then :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you having fun? Or better, do have more fun than GTA4?

I'm forcing myself to 100% a mission before moving on to the next one, so if anything I'm making it worse for myself. ;)

Well, what's most important for publishers (well, those beholden to shareholders, anyway) is that initial wave of full-price sales and I'd be shocked if Red Dead Next is on the cards for this year.

Arthea

I decided to add some variations to my HB predictions, so this weekly will be bundle of expensive VNs finally, it has to happen at some point.

I don't like what Abrams has done with Star Trek, I don't like what he has done with Fringe and I am pretty sure I won't like what he is doing with Star Wars.

Then again, as a non-american Star Wars never meant much to me to begin with.
He only did bits of the first season of Fringe, for whatever that's worth.

My Quick Look on Lux Delux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlfZjcS-k8

6ZbUW4Z.gif

Quick Impressions: It's RISK with a ton of options and, as of last night, around 1200 user generated maps. It does support cross platform multiplayer, but only with desktop OS (PC, Mac, Linux). The mobile builds (iOS and Android) do not have the ability to play multiplayer with the desktop.

The Steam overlay can make things glitchy, but you literally just have to minimize the window and maximize it to fix, but it's few and far between.
This looks one of those games which would be more fun on a smartphone/tablet. Nice video as usual!
I'm forcing myself to 100% a mission before moving on to the next one, so if anything I'm making it worse for myself. ;)
Cckecked friendslist to watch your broadcast. Sadly you are not playing currently. Would have liked to watch you 100 missions.

On that. I feel always a bit weird when watching friends streams. In that I feel obliged to watch longer than I actually want. I usually want to et an idea of the game etc. but I keep watching for 5-10mins.

milena87

I don't like what Abrams has done with Star Trek, I don't like what he has done with Fringe and I am pretty sure I won't like what he is doing with Star Wars.

I liked his Star Trek for what it was, but the various Star Trek TV series are something else (I hope Voyager and Deep Space Nine will come to Blu Ray soon). I have yet to watch Into Darkness.
I tried to watch Super 8 twice and both times I fell asleep.
Fringe was great, though, but probably because he didn't have much to do with it.
Never tried Lost and I don't plan to.

And I never really cared for Star Wars outside of KotOR1&2, so I have 0 hype for this new movie and all other SW movies that Disney is planning :p

I liked his Star Trek for what it was, but the various Star Trek TV series are something else (I hope Voyager and Deep Space Nine will come to Blu Ray soon). I have yet to watch Into Darkness.
Fringe was great, though, but probably because he didn't have much to do with it.

And I never really cared for Star Wars outside of KotOR1&2, so I have 0 hype for this new movie and all other SW movies that Disney is planning :p
The only Star Trek movies I liked were the Picard ones. Kirk was too smug :p The one where they time-travel to save a whale was good though.
I only ever watched the first season of Fringe but didn't finish it. It was just not to my liking.
Lost actually sounds interesting. I should start watching it sometime. I should also start watching Game of Thrones I think -_-'
How funny, the only Star Wars I ever cared for was Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast!

Arthea

Lost is .... filler the series, I actually watched all series in a week when all this uproar because of ending was happening, I was curious. How I managed that in a week? Simply, by fast forwarding filler: repeats, repeats of flashbacks, repeats of repeats, something is in a jungle scenes, that's like 80% of series. I'm not even kidding

I liked Startrek a lot, btw, more or less all of it, although I like original series and new generation more than all later parts.

Next one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham -- MB-AD2F555A75BAE226 - Taken by oipic. 64 entrants total.

t1429218199z1.png

derExperte

The only great season, too.

However, most people disagree with my opinion. To this day I don't know why but I'll let people have their factually wrong opinion in this case.

But I want to fight you. Because that's a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't think liking SW has anything to with being American. It's the most universal good vs bad story ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom