• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

He has fucking returned
CCu3rrQUsAEafSn.png:large

How come there was never a Han Solo-centric game? Or was there one but I never heard of it @_@

louiedog

The only great season, too.

I liked season one a lot, but it was good a bit after that. I had the same issue with it as I do with a lot of sci-fi shows. They setup an interesting world and introduce you to the characters over a season or two where there are new and different things happening every week held together with a thread that gets teased out over the season. By season 4 or so the entire show is about that one thing which is usually some conspiracy thing that falls apart when pushed onto the center stage and I lost all interest.

milena87

The only Star Trek movies I liked were the Picard ones. Kirk was too smug :p The one where they time-travel to save a whale was good though.
I only ever watched the first season of Fringe but didn't finish it. It was just not to my liking.
Lost actually sounds interesting. I should start watching it sometime. I should also start watching Game of Thrones I think -_-'
How funny, the only Star Wars I ever cared for was Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast!

Well, Picard is the best captain for a reason. And I agree about Kirk :p

I liked the later seasons of Fringe more than the first one, but mostly because I liked the characters and all the craziness.

I should really start watching Game of Thrones as well. I even have the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray (there was an offer...).

I never completed Jedi Outcast. I tried to play a few Star Wars games after completing KotOR2, but I always ended up being disappointed that they weren't another RPG (yeah, I'm pretty silly sometimes) :p

Lost is .... filler the series, I actually watched all series in a week when all this uproar because of ending was happening, I was curious. How I managed that in a week? Simply, by fast forwarding filler: repeats, repeats of flashbacks, repeats of repeats, something is in a jungle scenes, that's like 80% of series. I'm not even kidding

I liked Startrek a lot, btw, more or less all of it, although I like original series and new generation more than all later parts.

That sounds horrible about Lost. I hate fillers.

And about Star Trek, I love pretty much everything as well, although I find it more difficult to watch the original series :/

I think you are wrong on this one, Star Wars are probably no less popular in ROW. At least I don't see what's "american" about it.
Are you actually saying that Star Wars is as hyped in Europe as in USA? Forget about the actual rest of the world. I don't believe that. To be more precise. I was in many big cities in Europe and lots of people - young and old - either didn't know about Star Wars or cared very less. I also didn't see as much hype during movie starts as in USA. Sure there were many parties, events and overnight campers but to no extent as USA.
I didn't say Star Wars is very american but it is more popular in USA.

Phinor

But I want to fight you. Because that's a ridiculous thing to say.

At first I thought my love for the first season is only because there was so much promise and mystery, because I didn't know yet how bad the main story would eventually be (and some of the characters too) but I watched the first season again later on and it was still the best season, by a fair margin.

Even so, I'm going to watch the whole series once more one of these days thanks to a cheap Blu-ray box I bought last year. Really hoping I can find more positive things to say about the later seasons.

derExperte

Are you actually saying that Star Wars is as hyped in Europe as in USA? Forget about the actual rest of the world. I don't believe that. To be more precise. I was in many big cities in Europe and lots of people - young and old - either didn't know about Star Wars or cared very less. I also didn't see as much hype during movie starts as in USA. Sure there were many parties, events and overnight campers but to no extent as USA.

Maybe your own disinterest makes you misjudge how big SW is literally everywhere.

MUnited83

For you.

erm...yeah, about that...

Fringe was goddamn famtastic.
The first season and all others were great.
I love it. So much.

STEAM talk:

I didn't buy ff vii when it was on sale, then today my girlfriend decided she wants it, today. Anyone have a hookup / insider info on a bargain?

Arthea

I lived in Europe all my life, in several countries, I don't remember ever meeting a person not knowing what Star Wars is, I met those not knowing StarTrek for example, what's really strange, but never Star Wars ignorant. Not that I talked about SW with everybody, but you get my drift.
Well, we can't measure popularity, so I won't argue about it.

I don't know about the rest of the world but SW is pretty popular on Brazil

○
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-C2B4C6E1BB3F8E2C - Taken by Se7enSword. 3 entrants total.

t1429209560z1.png

Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless (from what little I've played of that one) are fantastic by the way. Endless Space is alright too. Don't miss this opportunity to pick them up if you're interested at all.

Copons

... or this one:

image.php

:p

Autoavatarquoting is too smug though :D

EDIT: damn, recently i'm in this super streak of getting the first post of the page with nothing useful to say (I mean, usually I don't say anything interesting mid-page at least)... sorry guys

Arthea

Well, Picard is the best captain for a reason. And I agree about Kirk :p

I liked the later seasons of Fringe more than the first one, but mostly because I liked the characters and all the craziness.

I should really start watching Game of Thrones as well. I even have the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray (there was an offer...).

I never completed Jedi Outcast. I tried to play a few Star Wars games after completing KotOR2, but I always ended up being disappointed that they weren't another RPG (yeah, I'm pretty silly sometimes) :p

That sounds horrible about Lost. I hate fillers.

And about Star Trek, I love pretty much everything as well, although I find it more difficult to watch the original series :/
Picard is the best captain, there is no denying that, but overall cast of original still is unmatched.
And talking about original, have you tried watching remastered version?

As for GoT, I still think that series are short spoilers of books and prefer books myself.

you actually just convinced me to get back to watching Fringe, I dropped after second season because I don't like series continuing after they have proper ending. (><)

Dr Dogg

Because both David Prowse and Peter Mayhew are from around here, we had the highest percentage of Jedi's in both 2001 and 2011 censuses.

Anyway my low tech GTA V experience was going great until I hit Blaine County and Trevor. I don't think a framerate in the teens is something I can stomach for long.

Arthea

This one ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

I just found out that I already have Dark Lord II
good I checked this time (><)

Because both David Prowse and Peter Mayhew are from around here, we had the highest percentage of Jedi's in both 2001 and 2011 censuses.

Anyway my low tech GTA V experience was going great until I hit Blaine County and Trevor. I don't think a framerate in the teens is something I can stomach for long.

you can have all Jedi you want, dark side is stronger anyway ;)

derExperte

And Hexcells too.
Is Super Cars based on the old computer games (Amiga/Atari ST)

It's Crazy Cars. Which was an old series as well. But no.

And by no I mean yes after actually checking out the store page.

The cult racing series created in 1988 by Titus Interactive is back with a brand new version faster than ever before! Rediscover the sheer thrill of arcade gaming with this amazing racing game, taking bends at max speed or massive jumps that can go hundreds of meters high.

Backlogger

How do I not own Hexcells yet? I thought I did. Maybe I'm just remembering that STEAM thread where every other post was about it.

Shantom

Spare:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Infinite -- MB-50FC4A9F60C34411 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 5 entrants total.

t1429211420z1.png

well well well what do we have here

should I do something about it? and what exactly?

Trails SC where art thou, when I need

That's a fantastic selection of featured games there. Perhaps you could get something like Cladun X2 or Lumines since it seems they're never going on sale again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Tripwire twitter said:
Good news for those enjoying the &#8234;#&#8206;KillingFloor2&#8236; beta on Steam - it's being extended until Fri 4/17 1PM EST - Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom