• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

well well well what do we have here

should I do something about it? and what exactly?

Trails SC where art thou, when I need

Think about this long and hard. You're not keen on the 3k, 4k or 5k badges so this could your last milestone to show off if you quit collecting at 2,999 games :p

Arthea

I did it for you steamgaf, now you can expect it in a bundle any day!

ibd1d1zyLJ3JTl.jpg

Think about this long and hard. You're not keen on the 3k, 4k or 5k badges so this could your last milestone to show off if you quit collecting at 2,999 games :p

where have you been 5 minutes back oh obi one?

Knurek

I did it for you steamgaf, now you can expect it in a bundle any day!

Thank you, Arthea-sama.
(Looking forward to Humble Weekly Bundle Visual Novels 3 with this in $1 tier next week)

Holy crap, Chronicles Episode II is 5 GB... Largest RPGMaker game ever confirmed?

milena87

And talking about original, have you tried watching remastered version?

I bought the 3 seasons on Blu Ray a few days ago, but I haven't watched it yet. However, considering what they've done with The Next Generation (season 2 is a bit underwhelming, but the video quality of the other seasons is great), I'm really curious about the work done on the Original Series ;)

you actually just convinced me to get back to watching Fringe, I dropped after second season because I don't like series continuing after they have proper ending. (><)

I don't like them either, in concept, but in reality, if I end up caring about the characters, I'll watch until it gets unbearable (so far, I only dropped Dexter and Chuck).

Are you actually saying that Star Wars is as hyped in Europe as in USA? Forget about the actual rest of the world. I don't believe that. To be more precise. I was in many big cities in Europe and lots of people - young and old - either didn't know about Star Wars or cared very less. I also didn't see as much hype during movie starts as in USA. Sure there were many parties, events and overnight campers but to no extent as USA.
I didn't say Star Wars is very american but it is more popular in USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Celebration#Celebration_Europe

It looks like around the same amount of people went to the Europe Celebrations as the ones in Florida that commemorated the anniversaries of Episode V and VI.

As for whether it was distinctly "American" or not, it sort of is, since the story is mostly a thinly-veiled reimagining of the American Revolutionary War, down to the accents used. Most Imperials, particularly the high-ranking ones, have British accents. The key figures in the Rebellion have American accents.

Carrie Fischer does whatever most of the time.

Lain

I mentioned Flame Over, Laughing Jackal's firefighting action roguelike (pyroguelike), was going to be coming to Steam in a previous Steam thread, so I thought I'd let you know that we're now looking for beta testers for the Steam release.

If any if you fancy applying for the Flame Over Steam closed beta you can find more details below. You can also find out more about the game here http://flameovergame.com/

From http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/post/apply-now-for-the-flame-over-pc-closed-beta

"If you’d like to help us out then please send an email to: beta@laughingjackal.co.uk with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 22nd April, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

I know some of you have been in Ghostlight's previous betas, so if you have you might want to mention it in the email to remind me :).

I didn't know anything about this game until your post and looking around it appears like a fun game so I think I'll try to apply.

I mentioned Flame Over, Laughing Jackal's firefighting action roguelike (pyroguelike), was going to be coming to Steam in a previous Steam thread, so I thought I'd let you know that we're now looking for beta testers for the Steam release.

If any if you fancy applying for the Flame Over Steam closed beta you can find more details below. You can also find out more about the game here http://flameovergame.com/

From http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/post/apply-now-for-the-flame-over-pc-closed-beta

"If you’d like to help us out then please send an email to: beta@laughingjackal.co.uk with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 22nd April, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

I know some of you have been in Ghostlight's previous betas, so if you have you might want to mention it in the email to remind me :).

Hey Ross, any news on WotS 4?

By the way, thanks for taking the time to post here :)

Arthea

lets celebrate 2,5K properly

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lumines -- MB-98786DF657518CDE - Taken by spindoctor. 34 entrants total.
a game that never goes on sale, and a damn good game at that

t1429224800z1.png

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
I didn't know anything about this game until your post and looking around it appears like a fun game so I think I'll try to apply.

Hey Ross, any news on WotS 4?

By the way, thanks for taking the time to post here :)

No worries. Afraid there's not much news at the moment :( We're still working on it but sadly it's still a little way off setting a release date.

Not really, but I prefer it because of the better compatibility with XySubFilter, more options and better looking toolbar ;)

Maybe they fixed it but I can't set up subtitle delay with F1/F2 in MPC-HC with XySubFilter.

You should :) There are a lot of good guides out there, but with varying age. reddit has a good, pretty recent one but it's pretty slim. You can replace XyVsFilter with XySubFilter if you want.

Here are some others you can take a look at:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729
http://husmensblog.blogspot.se/2013/10/howto-mpc-advanced-setup-guide.html
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1357375-advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.html

As I said, with varying age so they can be somewhat outdated - you can probably find a better one with more searching. If something's confusing I'm happy to assist.
Came around trying this. Spent quite some time following the animelist-guide and set up everything manually. Sadly to mixed results. There was less aliasing but at a hefty performance cost. Couldn't stomach adjusting various variables so I uninstalled everything and went the "easy" route with the kawai codec pack. Had to disable madvr and running currently on lowest pre-setting. Obviously not seeing any differences in IQ therefore, haha. Now I get a notification bubble in mp-hc though, showing "play", "pause" etc. Probably gonna roll back to my previous CCCP+mp-hc combo. Nice way to spend time ;)
But seriously thanks for posting this. I bookmarked it and will use it once I get a more powerful PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I get some random framerate drops on the raining stage on MK X. Sometimes runs at 60 and sometimes goes to 40s. Optimization galore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Celebration#Celebration_Europe

It looks like around the same amount of people went to the Europe Celebrations as the ones in Florida that commemorated the anniversaries of Episode V and VI.
I remember when the new trilogies were new. There was a lot of media coverage and people going in the movies. So that makes sense. What I meant was in so many TV shows or late night shows or similar from america I see many Star Wars references. I am not seeing close to that amount outside. My personal experiences with people from other countries are very subjective of course as well. I think expert might have a point with my view being skewed by my own personal opinion on the franchise. It still lingers in my head though.
That's a very interesting thread. Gonna read DF's article. From what I saw on the first page of the thread I already see many defending their consoles as if this article/thread is a personal attack?
I think it is a cool experiment by DF.
...yeah, sure, that's why. ;)
Just saw this. Heh.

:( Plz respond to broadcast request

Salsa

I know the HUD on the corner is probably a bug or something not intended since it looks alright on windowed but I dig it.

it's not overscan since you get the same amount of image

Dr Dogg

Have consoles and their mandated safe zones really made peeps forget that when your a foot away from a display it can be a pixel from the perimeter but still completely visible. Be thankful the UI is adjustable and flexible.

Kiru

404Sight bugged out for me. Can't get the achievement for finishing the game. :(
(Also did anyone get: "Why would you do that? Seriously, why?" ?)

For the love of God go to Settings/Display and reduce Safe Zone XD How can you stand that map and rest of the HUD going to the edges of the screen? :D

WHAT?

How in the world can you want a HUD more in the way of the screen? That's crazy.

Anyway, on another note, how's The Forest? I see its in early access right now. How buggy is it? Gameplay fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom