• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arthea, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lumines -- MB-98786DF657518CDE - Taken by spindoctor. 34 entrants total.
a game that never goes on sale, and a damn good game at that

t1429224800z1.png

Vamphuntr

Here's the leftover from that humble bundle. Don't think it's the DA ultimate edition or the ME2 LE though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vamphuntr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-F5FF481F50B89390 - Taken by Kifimbo. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-2B8177FEBF1FF29C - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-E1AF4B0750244237 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.

t1429231761z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham -- MB-5C4F99129D014A50 - Taken by darkchewie. 55 entrants total.

t1429232961z1.png

dex3108

Never reduce Safe Zone, that's for overscan losers who are too lame to fix their screen.

Does your display cut them off or something? I just use PC mode and Just Scan to get proper image.

GTA V has bug that causes HUD to stretch to screen borders in full screen. When you go in windowed mode everything is fine. You need to reduce Safe Zone to put back HUD in normal position.

WHAT?

How in the world can you want a HUD more in the way of the screen? That's crazy.

Anyway, on another note, how's The Forest? I see its in early access right now. How buggy is it? Gameplay fun?

Visually it is awful when HUD is stretched to the edge of the screen, at least for me.

HOW HAVE I NEVER KNOWN OF THIS?!
THIS IS THE GREATEST THING TO EXIST THIS YEAR ALONE
I DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE PLOT!
TRUE SURVIVOR HAD DINOSAURS, CANADIAN ROAD WARRIORS, VIKINGS WITH MACHINE GUNS, DINOSAURS, NINJAS, KUNG FU, NAZIS, AND TIME HACKING.
NOW YOU TELLIN' ME HE'S GOING BACK IN TIME TO KILL NAZI AKUMA!?
AVENGERS 2 AIN'T GOT SHIT ON THIS!

Kung Fuhrer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you try playing Hexcells Infinite before you play the other two first, you're in for a horrible surprise.
This is so true. The three games feel like a trilogy, with each game progressing in difficulty compared to the previous one. I'd absolutely recommend playing them in order too.

Was having an incredible time with Westerado but my power went off because of the heavy storming and now the game is broken even after re-installing :/

I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen it before now. It's not all that uncommon.

I'm pretty new to Gaf, honestly.
I've been browsing Gaf every now and then since late 2000s, but never this intense like in the past couple years. I've just recently decided to create this account back in August.

Jawmuncher

Was having an incredible time with Westerado but my power went off because of the heavy storming and now the game is broken even after re-installing :/

Probably gonna have to find the games app folder in steam and make sure it's completely deleted.
Hopefully it's just the save or something sticking around and it's corrupt.

Miguel81

I've been browsing Gaf every now and then since late 2000s, but never this intense like in the past couple years. I've just recently decided to create this account back in August.

I'm not surprised, judging by that guy's previous threads. That's the quickest way to get juniored.

Deitus

Fair enough. It's just a simple way for the mods to take away thread creation privileges from people without banning them. Fortunately, it is not accompanied by an automatic permaban if you ever get banned like true Junior Members have.

There's also someone on the same page you posted that who is in this state, which is why I was surprised you hadn't seen it.

Fair enough. It's just a simple way for the mods to take away thread creation privileges from people without banning them. Fortunately, it is not accompanied by an automatic permaban if you ever get banned like true Junior Members have.

There's also someone on the same page you posted that who is in this state, which is why I was surprised you hadn't seen it.

Yeah, the mods are pretty fair & reasonable, it seems.
The tag? I always thought that it's a cool tag lol.

What an annoying save corruption bug. You'd think any kind of sudden shut down ruining a save wouldn't happen.

Westeraldo has steam cloud support as well so I was confused as to why the game kept bringing the bad saves back until I remembered that was a thing, lol

Kiru

What an annoying save corruption bug. You'd think any kind of sudden shut down ruining a save wouldn't happen.

Westeraldo has steam cloud support as well so I was confused as to why the game kept bringing the bad saves back until I remembered that was a thing, lol
Happened with System Shock 2 for me too. My PC lost power due to a faulty PSU back then. Ended up in a room of nothing whenever I reloaded. Had to load an old save and redo like 1 hour...

madjoki

Quality updates from Valve. Should've left support in API at least.

Maybe it's best to not know prices in cheap countries thought...

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

CastleStorm -- MB-344F63393041145E - Taken by Kifimbo. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-BA25DE8DBB204CF1 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 21 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-CAB1F09513CF1A9E - Taken by Bayonetta. 4 entrants total.

t1429237640z1.png

Happened with System Shock 2 for me too. My PC lost power due to a faulty PSU back then. Ended up in a room of nothing whenever I reloaded. Had to load an old save and redo like 1 hour...
It's a real bummer as I spent a lot of time on my first playthrough. Got the second character but now I'll have to beat the game again to get him to continue from where I left off. Oh well!

Tempted to connect my laptop to my 4K TV and run portal 2. Will probably need a fire extinguisher ready.
I'm surprised given how old Postal 2 is #justneogafjokes

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bejewled 3 -- MB-F60F1B7DACEA4B89 - Taken by DmAc2k6
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-4DCF7BEC536BD5F4 - Taken by Naked Snake

So I traded for Bloodsports.tv recently and upon activating the key it said "Bloodsports.tv for REVIEW" activated. I called the guy out on this and he said he had no idea what that meant. When I brought up that I wish I had known it wasn't a retail key he said to forget about the trade and that he expected nothing in return.

What's the worst that can come out of this? The game gets revoked or will I get Steam-banned? :O

Kiru

So I traded for Bloodsports.tv recently and upon activating the key it said "Bloodsports.tv for REVIEW" activated. I called the guy out on this and he said he had no idea what that meant. When I brought up that I wish I had known it wasn't a retail key he said to forget about the trade and that he expected nothing in return.

What's the worst that can come out of this? The game gets revoked or will I get Steam-banned? :O
They gave away a lot of keys some time ago, for beta I believe. I don't remember too well what they activated, I'm on mobile right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom