• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

I got Endless Space from IGN yet decided to pay a bit more in the Humble bundle to support the Devs. I hate how obtuse the technology tree is, but game is still fun. I really wish 4x games had advisors. Maybe I missed the tutorial. I dunno.

Castle Storm and Skulls both seemed like fine games.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Hello Steam/PC GAF!

I have one request and one question:

Request: Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kagoshima_Luke I like having a lively community page. :D

Question: I currently have a single 670 and have been beating myself up for days on whether or not I should get a 970. GTAV is making it really hard for me not to make the leap. What do you think... stick it out for the next wave of releases or cave and order that MSI 970 with one day shipping from Amazon? :p

They gave away a lot of keys some time ago, for beta I believe. I don't remember too well what they activated, I'm on mobile right now.

Yeah all of the beta keys were deactivated as per the devs (I had one). I have a feeling the key I got in the trade was a press review copy (youtuber?) that somebody turned around and sold off.

Just worried that something bad will befall my beloved account. To make matters worse, I could have just gotten the game today in the Humblebundle.

xezuru

How is Banner Saga amongst the wave of current RPGs?
Even though I was super interested in Original Sins diverse combat mechanisms, I turned it down because, (from what I heard) a hard lack of any memorable story to drive you.

Normally, I'm super down on turnbased games because lack of interesting interaction whether in mind, or mechanics. Recently Shadowrun: Dragonfall gave me a sweet taste that I've been wanting more of, so been looking at maybe Banner Saga to get a go at it.

Turfster

Even though I was super interested in Original Sins diverse combat mechanisms, I turned it down because, (from what I heard) a hard lack of any memorable story to drive you.

Normally, I'm super down on turnbased games because lack of interesting interaction whether in mind, or mechanics. Recently Shadowrun: Dragonfall gave me a sweet taste that I've been wanting more of, so been looking at maybe Banner Saga to get a go at it.

It's... not really a classic RPG?
It's more a choose your own adventure story combined with strategic battles.

yuraya

Its a very good game with great music/story. The combat is nothing like Divinity but its still very strategic turn based system. Its kind of like a fun boardgame stye with tough AI.

Apparently, Fractured Space is free until 20 April.

S5mgObY.jpg

Is it a free weekend or free to keep?

iosefe

I got Endless Space from IGN yet decided to pay a bit more in the Humble bundle to support the Devs. I hate how obtuse the technology tree is, but game is still fun. I really wish 4x games had advisors. Maybe I missed the tutorial. I dunno.

Castelstorm is actually rather decent. i feel it works better as a Vita Game though

Jawmuncher

My joke Anime mouse pad is finally giving up the ghost. It was bad before the the fabric holding the gel is all pulled now just about. It was just so comfortable, but now I can't find any that aren't so lewd. Since I want something to pop out on my desk since everything else is black. What mousepads does SteamGAF use, there's gotta be some good ones.

MUnited83

For you.
So I traded for Bloodsports.tv recently and upon activating the key it said "Bloodsports.tv for REVIEW" activated. I called the guy out on this and he said he had no idea what that meant. When I brought up that I wish I had known it wasn't a retail key he said to forget about the trade and that he expected nothing in return.

What's the worst that can come out of this? The game gets revoked or will I get Steam-banned? :O

Good chances that those were beta keys, not actually for review at all. And worst that can come out of it even it's really a review key... nothing will happen at all.

madjoki

Looks like ?cc=xx is back for guests.

Endless Space wasn't in IGN, only Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.
Some Australian site had Endless Space for $3 or free after coupon thought.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Am I the only one not hyped by any of the recent Star Wars news? (Maybe 1-3 damaged my views on Star Wars.)

Jawmuncher

Am I the only one not hyped by any of the recent Star Wars news? (Maybe 1-3 damage my views on Star Wars.)

Nah it looked good but I wasn't that crazy for it. Then again I don't really even remember watching SW 4-6. Just recalling bits and pieces. Thought 1 was decent and 3 was pretty cool. 2 can go die in a fire though aside from Jango Fett. Much like the Bond series which I can't recall watching any films of. I always enjoyed the outside universe but never enough to really get into the films. Since there are some SW and Bond games I absolutely love.

yuraya

Episodes 1-3 were redeemed with end fights of 1 and 3. Great films in my book haters gonna hate

New trailer looks really good. Makes me want to rewatch the original trilogy which I haven't seen in long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom