• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
And still no cards for any of the Disney Princess games. That's sexism!

I need muh Tangled cards, backgrounds and emoticons, goddamit,pls ;_;

yuraya

I love Star Wars, but yo Batman v Superman wiped the floor with that trailer.

That Batsuit looked absolutely insane. Like some armor you equip in dark souls to travel to the depths of hell and never return. Affleck is gonna need it but I doubt it will help. He is surely gonna get slapped around pretty hard by Superman.

Salsa

original_24086599.jpg

Skylake and GPU dieshrinks coming this year.

I can wait even longer

only games that are really gonna push my 2gig 680 are GTAV (runs fine, not perfect but 50-60fps constant), Witcher 3, and Arkham Knight

besides that what else is there that could really push it?

thinking i'll wait till those are out and even drop price a bit

thanks indie games

Turfster

If you like stealth games, you really should get NEON STRUCT when it comes out the 20th of next month.
It's got a great aesthetic, solid core gameplay, an interesting story, fantastic music and is just a lot of damn fun =p

Lain

Played some 404Sight.
I didn't find the game part all that fun. I kept going only to see when it would end and because achievements were unlocking along the way but every time I reached the end of a level I was hoping it would be the last one.
The message it tells is understandable but it also feels like something pretty far from me.
In conclusion, I found it to be a pretty average experience that didn't leave me much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surprisingly enough, The Elder Scrolls Online isn't really shitty anymore. The game is almost unrecognizable from what it was at launch, which is a really good thing.

I'll definitely be picking this up
when it's on sale on Steam

Surprisingly enough, The Elder Scrolls Online isn't really shitty anymore. The game is almost unrecognizable from what it was at launch, which is a really good thing.

I'll definitely be picking this up
when it's on sale on Steam

Yeah, it runs well on my PC.
I'll be ready for the sale.

According to IGN Witcher 3 is available for pre-load on Xbox One

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/pre-order-and-pre-download-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

Where is my PC pre-load CDPR?!

Gaf > internet > Gaf. :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030597

no one posted cause no one cares about pinball

HEYOOO
I own every single pinball fx2 table but I'm seriously tired of star wars and marvel tables. Other franchises, I don't mind.
Some time ago I tweeted them about a borderlands table and barbie (the community manager) retweeted me, and randy pitchford said something like "tell them you want it! We had talks with them".
I did the same with tim schafer about a psychonauts table, and the reaction was the same (he even follows zen on twitter).
Still, I don't know if they have anything in the pipeline.
On a side note, I really hope they are going to support VR. Imagine how cool minigames would be. You could have to turn around and shoot things, or maybe play pinball while on a raft (in an indiana jones-themed table).

Anteater

i have a feeling strider is going to get old quick, the enemies aren't too interesting to fight so far, but the game controls well.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
i have a feeling strider is going to get old quick, the enemies aren't to interesting to fight so far, but the game controls well.

too bad Frosty doesn't like us any more ... he'd tell you a few things about Strider ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You mean F2P before the plug is pulled ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),

I guess that (for better or worse) it plays a lot like Skyrim now. Before, you couldn't do things like loot containers and such which made it extremely frustrating and a lot less "open world". Now, you can loot chests, urns, barrels, monsters, etc and actually find decent level-appropriate stuff. Huge improvement there.

Also, the story used to be very... shit. Now they took out all of the very wooden dialog and replaced it with decent voice acting. They took out the completely retarded missions that used to be in the beginning of the game, and instead just dump you in an open world where you're free to explore and find your own quests and things.

And although a bunch of people were running around, it really is a pretty decent single-player experience. I defeated a few tough "boss" enemies, but the good part is that there were other people there doing the same bosses at the same time so it kinda puts you into a bit of a makeshift group on the fly. Once the boss is done, you can go your separate ways and there's no need to even speak to other people - the other players may as well be NPCs without dialog, but I'm actually totally okay with that.

In addition, the "Welcome back" promo for early beta testers to return also included 500 "crowns" (in game currency) which is about $5 worth. The stuff in their crown store is ridiculously overpriced of course, like buying potions. I spent my crowns buying a housecat pet that follows me around! (=^・ェ・^=)

It's an experience that I think I'd be willing to pay about $30 dollars for, since there aren't any monthly fees now. I'll agree that $60 is too much. And I definitely don't see myself buying potions with real money.

Sajjaja

I guess that (for better or worse) it plays a lot like Skyrim now. Before, you couldn't do things like loot containers and such which made it extremely frustrating and a lot less "open world". Now, you can loot chests, urns, barrels, monsters, etc and actually find decent level-appropriate stuff. Huge improvement there.

Also, the story used to be very... shit. Now they took out all of the very wooden dialog and replaced it with decent voice acting. They took out the completely retarded missions that used to be in the beginning of the game, and instead just dump you in an open world where you're free to explore and find your own quests and things.

And although a bunch of people were running around, it really is a pretty decent single-player experience. I defeated a few tough "boss" enemies, but the good part is that there were other people there doing the same bosses at the same time so it kinda puts you into a bit of a makeshift group on the fly. Once the boss is done, you can go your separate ways and there's no need to even speak to other people - the other players may as well be NPCs without dialog, but I'm actually totally okay with that.

In addition, the "Welcome back" promo for early beta testers to return also included 500 "crowns" (in game currency) which is about $5 worth. The stuff in their crown store is ridiculously overpriced of course, like buying potions. I spent my crowns buying a housecat pet that follows me around! (=^・ェ・^=)

It's an experience that I think I'd be willing to pay about $30 dollars for, since there aren't any monthly fees now. I'll agree that $60 is too much. And I definitely don't see myself buying potions with real money.

It doesn't help the game is 80GB

jshackles

It doesn't help the game is 80GB

I know it says that on the store page, but my install directory is only 41.7GB. Still huge, but about half of the advertised size. I think it used to install all of the voice over data in every language by default, but for me at least it only installed the English. I have:

1GB of Video (actually, this is just the opening cinematic)
6.3GB of voice over data files
34.4GB of "data" files

I guess I'm using their "welcome back" client that was downloaded from their website. Maybe the Steam version is still massively big?

Sajjaja

I know it says that on the store page, but my install directory is only 41.7GB. Still huge, but about half of the advertised size. I think it used to install all of the voice over data in every language by default, but for me at least it only installed the English. I have:

34.4GB of "data" files

I guess I'm using their "welcome back" client that was downloaded from their website. Maybe the Steam version is still massively big?

I'm not sure. I don't have access to the Steam version but I was thinking about downloading it until I saw that 80GB install and I noped so hard. I might check it out though.

Screw bank fees and allergies. Have some games! (• ε • `)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-21934C1A465AF3F0 - Taken by Blu(e). 12 entrants total.
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-C7B2BC20C4AC8B03 - Taken by Bayonetta. 10 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan #2 -- MB-FFDC7C196613C3AF - Taken by alr1ght. 27 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-3F38469A1B2D3652 - Taken by Cth. 33 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-2E4546548A9D888F - Taken by Boss Doggie. 3 entrants total.

t1429341082z1.png

EDIT: Does ModBot usually grab an image twice for the same game? Lol

I guess so. Often the Indonesian price mistakes happen, because if you just change comma, it can become a few cents or just dollars IIRC.

Wow, even if it was just a minute, people might have already bought a ton.

34.4GB of "data" files

About the ESO client.
Will I be able to inject the non Steam to Steam version one if I buy the game later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom