• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

What on earth is a hype star?

Actually they think about it, but why fixing it if they can sell you a brand new copy of the game?

You sir, must be sporting the finest tin foil hat in all of Christendom.

PC gamers just dealt with it.
But gotta please those whining console babies. :p

To be fair I can't remember it being that much of an issue, even when my weapon did break there was a bonfire right around the corner. If durability get's scaled back you may as well throw it out all together.

Anteater

Strider is much more fun after like 2hrs in, more moves are unlocked and you get to deflect shit and now he gets a shield thing. Controls are decent and fast, the few moves you get mixes well with the platforming and wall climbing. Although the boss designs are on the weak side so far, there's this one boss you meet repeatedly where everytime you fight her she'd add an extra chick in there so it's kind of ridiculous/funny. There was an air boss where you have to keep jumping up to slash the dude which got a bit tiring. Beginning was definitely a bit slow.

Here's a fun thing to do. Read gaming backwards, as in start at the last page and work forwards. You catch all the locked threads then.

It's more fun to watch them pop up in the frontpage! It seems to have slowed down.

Parsnip

To be fair I can't remember it being that much of an issue, even when my weapon did break there was a bonfire right around the corner. If durability get's scaled back you may as well throw it out all together.
Funny you should say that because...
I mean it was obviously a bug, or rather just bad programming practices, but at this point they should just remove the durability stat since it was already nearly pointless. Fixing it will just make durability a non-issue, so why even have it?

And yup. My only durability problem was in the
King's Pets duo
optional DLC boss, so I took a second sword with me.

Looking at the google translated notes, it seems like they are making it so that hitting dead bodies will not degrade durability anymore. So it's basically just an improvement for R1 mashers. Everything else appears to stay the same.

Dr Dogg

It's more fun to watch them pop up in the frontpage! It seems to have slowed down.

But then I would have missed these gems.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026982
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027333
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026934
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027864

Urghhhh. Just when you think you've seen it all...

Funny you should say that because...

And yup. My only durability problem was in the
King's Pets duo
optional DLC boss, so I took a second sword with me.

Looking at the google translated notes, it seems like they are making it so that hitting dead bodies will not degrade durability anymore. So it's basically just an improvement for R1 mashers. Everything else appears to stay the same.

Oh so it's for the silly fools who go around swinging their weapon wildly into walls and corpses. This is the beginning of the 'dumbing down' of the Souls franchise!!!

Turfster

Gamesplanet Spring Sale dailies:
  • Alien Isolation 78% off
  • Fallout 3 GOTY 67% off
  • Bioshock Triple Pack 83% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 80% off
  • Skyrim Legendary Edition 66% off (sold out at the moment apparently)
  • Saints Row Gat out of Hell 30% off
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 75% off
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 75% off
  • PES 2015 55% off
  • Patrician IV Gold 85% off
  • Europa Universalis IV 80% off
  • 1954 Alcatraz 85% off
  • Murdered Soul Suspect 80% off
  • Pro Cycling Manager 2014 68% off

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly I think Bamco needs to give From a bit more time with their games.
Artorias of the Abyss only got completed and released because of the PC port of DS1, before it was just left to the floor due to time constraints.

Parsnip

All this Dark Souls talk just makes me want to play some.
So, I think I'm going to play some super duper dark souls 2 special edition.

It's nice that they tweaked the ambient light levels back to what it was in the network tests (as far as I remember), places like Gutter are actually really really dark now without needing any external post processing.

Copons

No. Say you're an American. Say you're traveling to Germany. While in Germany you now still can buy games in the US store using your usual payment methods like if you are still in the US. OR you can say 'hey I'm staying longer in Germany, let's change my account over'. Then you can buy in the German store and as soon as you complete a purchase with a German payment method your Steam wallet gets changed to €. Want to buy from the US? Change it back, the option will still be there.

This could solve the greatest fear of all the lazy bums from around EU2 like me planning to go to Bundesligaland to steal your jobs, but hesitate because of green blood and not being able to frag nazis.

Yeah still not getting Dark Souls 2 till it's cheap. The stuff around that game has been a lot of jerking around so it makes me lose confidence in it's quality.

Bought Day 0. It's not as great as DS1, but it's still a fantastic game.

Dark Souls 2 farts all over Demon Souls.

Yup

giphy.gif

Arthea

A good point

Was this game bundled? The other Sakura game seems to be around 25k

Nope, it wasn't bundled but it had 50% discount, the second game still haven't, at least I think that's the case.

Alternatively, people played the first one and learned their lesson about subsequent titles.

you faith in humankind is astounding!

talking about bundles

Flying RPG Bundle:

- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate Complete (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode II War of The Abyss (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Dungeon of Gain
- Forsaken Uprising (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Greyfox (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Mystery game that will be revealed on the second week of the bundle.

http://flyingbundle.com

bigzgod

Hmm, I wonder if the new region change will impact key activation as well. If you won't be allowed to activate keys from a different region if your account isn't set to that region with a valid payment form from that country.

Dr Dogg

It very well maybe! I'm just not comfortable in paying close to full price for something I'm iffy on and Tomb Raider 2013 reminded me that it's sometimes not worth it to just jump in.

I like Tomb Raider 2013 :(

Actually to the point I'll probably betray you all and buy an Xbone at Crimbo if Rise of the Tomb Raider turns out any good. It's not Lara that needs protecting, it's clearly me as that statement proves I've lost my marbles.

baterism

Alternatively, people played the first one and learned their lesson about subsequent titles.

Also one of them. The game is 1 hour less or so. The story is pretty short and branching part is almost irrelevant afaik. After finishing it, I wonder if it is a prologue to bigger title perhaps?
I think Narcissu (?) and that Russian VN are better and free to boot.

Arthea

You may be mistaking it for Tron: Evolution. I've had Tron 2.0 since day one (on Steam) and it's never had cards.

I was sure it was Tron 2... but I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe you are right.

Also one of them. The game is 1 hour less or so. The story is pretty short and branching part is almost irrelevant afaik. After finishing it, I wonder if it is a prologue to bigger title perhaps?
I think Narcissu (?) and that Russian VN are better and free to boot.

Narcissu is still in EA tho, and it feels, but of course it's nothing like Sakura games too.

baterism

I'm was sure it was Tron 2... but I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe you are right.

Narcissu is still in EA tho, and it feels, but of course it's nothing like Sakura games too.

This one right:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264380/

I'm not familiar with VN scene, I played it and thought it was as finished as it is. Is there another parts missing?

After finishing it,
I can't see hospital the same again. Especially the windows on top floor.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This one right:

I'm not familiar with VN scene, I played it and thought it was as finished as it is. Is there another parts missing?

After finishing it,

It's complete they're doing engine improvements though and inserting a new translation when thats done. The first two have been translated and have been free for ages pretty much.

Arthea

This one right:

After finishing it,

I more had in mind that translation still needs some work and it has some minor bugs. It is a good kinetic VN as far as VNs go, of depressive type as I call them :)

dex3108

I've been playing GTA V since yesterday, but only after the latest patch today I finally saw steam overlay working with the game. I thought the game didn't support it.
It's not because of the patch, right? Or is it?

There were some issues with Steam Overlay on Steam version, but even after patch you can't add non-Steam versions on Steam. SC Launcher just crashes. I don't know why R* did that but it is really annoying. But at least i have found small SS app that runs in background and takes PNG uncompressed screenshots (it is not FRAPS it is Greenshot) and best thing is that app is free.

I like Tomb Raider 2013 :(

Actually to the point I'll probably betray you all and buy an Xbone at Crimbo if Rise of the Tomb Raider turns out any good. It's not Lara that needs protecting, it's clearly me as that statement proves I've lost my marbles.

Tomb Raider 2013 is good game but really bad Tomb Raider. I really didn't like reboot of the franchise. I mean Lara is still rich but she doesn't want to use her money, actually she can't use it because her uncle is in charge and she needs to ask him every time she wants to use it. Too much shooting, too much human enemies, tombs are really bad, there is no sense of loneliness and puzzles. For the love of god they decided to implement iconic double pistols move at the end of that game but they won't include them in RoTR. Lara is gymnastic but there is not a single move in reboot that proves that. I can go this way for a long time but it won;t change a thing. Old TR is dead because it didn't sell, new one does so they will go where money is. And don't get me started on that TR comic that will tie two games together.

One is of course much newer and didn't have same prices but I still think sequels are doing very often much worse than expected.

In this case I especially find it alarming since the pre-sequel is not a bad game but apparently more-of-the-same ain't cutting it anymore.

It's unfortunate that they had to close, but I'd call the bolded a good thing. Especially if it's more of Borderlands

Miguel81

You're making it sound like it's shameful. I'm proud of liking TR2013, just as I'm also proud of liking Angel of Darkness!

I would have liked that one more if Core had used the grid system from the previous titles. Traversal was just a pain imo. At least the PC version still runs and looks decent.

I'm probably very late (news is from 24h ago) but I still think it is interesting news.

2K Australia, developer of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, closes down

One is of course much newer and didn't have same prices but I still think sequels are doing very often much worse than expected.

In this case I especially find it alarming since the pre-sequel is not a bad game but apparently more-of-the-same ain't cutting it anymore.

I haven't played the Pre-Sequel yet, but I was planning to give it a chance after I get around to finishing the Borderlands 2 season pass.

Even though I sure as hell didn't like The Bureau, it's sad to see them go. Hope everyone at the studio finds a secure new job.

baterism

It's complete they're doing engine improvements though and inserting a new translation when thats done. The first two have been translated and have been free for ages pretty much.

I more had in mind that translation still needs some work and it has some minor bugs. It is a good kinetic VN as far as VNs go, of depressive type as I call them :)

Perhaps. I just read about it on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissu
Quite a big name, eh. I was just picking it because it's free. Might get it when it out EA.

Although, honestly...
I don't want anything to do with that VN again. It haunted me for several days, and if I remember some scene my heart still ache.
Shit is depressing. If young person play it, they might get moved and devote their live to medical science! The horror.

There were some issues with Steam Overlay on Steam version, but even after patch you can't add non-Steam versions on Steam. SC Launcher just crashes. I don't know why R* did that but it is really annoying. But at least i have found small SS app that runs in background and takes PNG uncompressed screenshots (it is not FRAPS it is Greenshot) and best thing is that app is free.

I see.
So it's kinda bug or something then. SC launcher always crash after I exit the game but that doesn't really bother me.
Ah right, Greenshot. I used it back then for my office laptop and kinda forgot it. Also, fraps makes my game stuttering while driving so I have to close it for GTA V.

Sendou

I'm probably very late (news is from 24h ago) but I still think it is interesting news.

2K Australia, developer of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, closes down

I think it's less matter of Pre-Sequel being disappointing saleswise (which I don't think is true) and more about the fact that developing games in Australia is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom