• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

guys the game is confirmed to be 60fps even on PS4. how the fuck would it look like that

don't tell me even on the steam thread I have no safe zone for gullible people that eat up the same ol' all over again

Well that's not hard to fathom, 1600x900 on PS4, 1280x720 on XO, simples! Although it's going to be ones of those 'targeting 60fps' dealios and I'd imagine CPU issues abound on a fully populated mp match would bring the framerate crashing down.

People already want to believe so hard in that thread >.>

I mean it's understandable if it's Ubi where they're telling you those are actual in game footage, but if they specifically said engine footage and not gameplay, then there's no reason to think it's actual gameplay...

and that thread is terrible already with people being "hyped" about it being a sony marketed game, what...

It's all the Hype Star's fault! I get that some peeps like to get excited but all things in moderation and a CG trailer/vertical slice does nowt for me. Good proof of concept about what might be in the game but let's see what we will actually be able to play ourselves before going too crazy.

95667ff99bbaa9c349a3d4230916f052.jpg

Seriously though, I don't understand why it would be a turn off to use your mouse in battlelog, unless you have an unconventional set up.

I have my PC connected to my bedroom TV, no monitor. It's basically a suped up console, really.

I do not believe that Battlefront 2015/2016 will be 60 FPS on consoles, until I actually see it.

well, they lowered the player count to 40 so that certainly helps. BF4 on the PS4 is now pretty stable, managing mostly 60 fps on conquest with a few fluctuations @ 900p.

now, is it going to be 40 players at 1080p or 40 players at 900p? We know it's going to be the latter but you know that console peeps will have a hissy if it's not the former.

Vlad

God damn, Gateways gets difficult fast. What started out as a cute little 2d Portal clone has turned into something maddening. It all started out simply enough, but ever since I picked up the
time travel gun
, my brain's started to hurt. Still an awesome game, and highly recommended for anybody who's into that sort of thing.

KainXVIII

Found this in my groupees library, maybe someone need this more than me lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DOMESTIC DOG -- MB-BD7CB393D45466D7 - Taken by Kryptonite. 8 entrants total.

t1429306163z1.png

Knurek

God damn, Gateways gets difficult fast. What started out as a cute little 2d Portal clone has turned into something maddening. It all started out simply enough, but ever since I picked up the
time travel gun
, my brain's started to hurt. Still an awesome game, and highly recommended for anybody who's into that sort of thing.

The final puzzle will have you literally in tears for days.
And it has been nerfed from the original release, the one there required perfect synchronization between few of your clones and some mindfuckery with the mirrors.

i dont know if you're being helpful or putting me down or both.
Haha, I was trying to help ;)
It's hard to judge on Gaf who has cutting edge PCs and who is rolling old hardware.
Thought you belong to former and a secondary, weaker bedroom PC might fit you.
Or I just got suckered into these small form factor PCs :p

Haha, I was trying to help ;)
It's hard to judge on Gaf who has cutting edge PCs and who is rolling old hardware.
Thought you belong to former and a secondary, weaker bedroom PC might fit you.
Or I just got suckered into these small form factor PCs :p

I built my own small form factor PC with a gtx 770 and a 4770k. My card should be alright for at least another year (i fear what the Witcher 3 will do to it) but so far this gen has been very kind to my setup!

I built my own small form factor PC with a gtx 770 and a 4770k. My card should be alright for at least another year (i fear what the Witcher 3 will do to it) but so far this gen has been very kind to my setup!

My setup is similar. I have a mini itx board with a gtx 780/4770k. Play on a 60" Sony in the living room.

Oh wow. Your setup is heaps better than any Alienware Alpha :O
You mind posting some pics of your PC? I am interested how small yours is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Reportedly a 980 can run The Witcher 3's Ultra preset at 60fps (presumably more of an average rather than an unwavering figure). If that comes to pass then a 770 should be fine if you don't mind 30fps, albeit with a reduced texture setting unless you have a 4GB card.

can get Far Cry 4 for $25 on brazil

ehhhhhhhhhhshncmxncn nah

If you enjoyed FC3, you'll enjoy FC4. Setting aside, the two are virtually identical, which also means that if you didn't overly care for FC3 then FC4 isn't worth your time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-21934C1A465AF3F0 - Taken by Blu(e). 12 entrants total.
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-C7B2BC20C4AC8B03 - Taken by Bayonetta. 10 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan #2 -- MB-FFDC7C196613C3AF - Taken by alr1ght. 27 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-3F38469A1B2D3652 - Taken by Cth. 33 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-2E4546548A9D888F - Taken by Boss Doggie. 3 entrants total.

t1429341082z1.png

Tizoc

So about Battlefront 2015
1- Can I play as Darth Vader?
2- Can I play as a Jedi or Seth character?
3- Will it really have 3rd person and first person view option?

Vibranium

Banned
No space combat in Battlefront is a huge bummer for me. And no full story too. I'm still somewhat interested but I may wait to see how things shake out. And EA's refusal to sell Origin linked games on Steam is still dumb, they could do what Ubisoft does.

To be honest I want to see a Republic Commando sequel with a big single player campaign. Use the concept of the cancelled Imperial Commando sequel to tie into the past films. I loved how you got to know your squad and could command them.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Evoland -- MB-EF03DD497C53D2D8 - Taken by GaussTek
Type Rider -- MB-8CBD3B62EDB3976C - Taken by Naked Snake
World War One Centenial Edition -- MB-0057E2560483B9F7 - Taken by SSPssp
Finding Teddy -- MB-0514D5E0196E333E - Taken by anastef
Machines at War 3 -- MB-10AB91175463BEDD - Taken by xGreg
Cubicity -- MB-8970D9B80AE6066C - Taken by Saty

Arthea

Played several hours of Endless Legend. Firstly some cheevos are bugged, no biggie, more importantly I don't feel it. I actually think that Endless Space might be a better game overall. Don't get me wrong, I like quest system, it's nice to have, but I still hate interface, same as in Endless Space, but Endless Space benefits from being a space game.

Groupees Casual Bundle open for preorder -1.25$ 7 games
Clues:
Background is from Default Dan.
Includes a game published by Artifex never bundled before.

Artifex Mundi? So bought!

garath

Damn. I think I'm going to have to get Witcher 3 on Steam. I was going to use my GCU discount at Best Buy to bring it to $48 then get the bonus $10 on top of that but since it's DRM free, there isn't a key code in sight. It would literally be a PC game on DVD. Ugh. Who wants physical media???

This is GTA V all over again. I'm going to pay a premium just to have it on steam. Or in this case, a digital copy.

Damn. I think I'm going to have to get Witcher 3 on Steam. I was going to use my GCU discount at Best Buy to bring it to $48 then get the bonus $10 on top of that but since it's DRM free, there isn't a key code in sight. It would literally be a PC game on DVD. Ugh. Who wants physical media???

This is GTA V all over again. I'm going to pay a premium just to have it on steam. Or in this case, a digital copy.

It's a bummer you missed it being available for sub-$30 for about.....8 months?

Arthea

I like artifex games.
What have you done to me Arthea? >_<

Nothing yet, talk to me when you are addicted to Puzzle Quest, that totally will be my fault ;)

And Shenmue Collection too, with Yakuza games :l

definitely! why sarcasm?

Steam related from the Idea Factory press release:

Amnesia: Memories (digital only, Vita & Steam) – August 2015
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (Steam) – May 19th
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation (Steam) – Fall 2015

now we are talking!

Already posted?

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim is out on April 28 for $19.99:
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/ys-vi-ark-napishtim-dated-pc

Now XSEED needs to announce Xanadu Next ASAP.

hoooold your horses, I'm all for Xanadu and Ys, but let's have are priorities straight, first Trails SC, everything else after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom