• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8one

I have these extra keys from the Origin Bundle, and steam gaf seems like the most sane place on the site, so I figured they could find a good home here. Hopefully somebody reading this thread doesn't have them already. Sorry I don't post too much but even lurking in steam threads makes me spend way too much money.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gr8one, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-C974794793533917 - Taken by Se7enSword
Dead Space 2 -- MB-A92551417627CF58 - Taken by 7Sins
Bejewled 3 -- MB-12691F36E0CAFD99 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-294654F22873ACDC - Taken by Purkake4

Dr Dogg

Well that was a slightly unnerving picture to scroll past.

Anywho GTA V is awesome, I'm just dicking around doing the Strangers and Freaks missions and considering this is side content, it's better than main content in quite a few games. If my SteamGAF GOTY ballot for this year doesn't contain GTA V, Pillars and Life is Strange in some form then it will have been a great year.

Ozium

I've never seen The Watchmen but I assume it is garbage and can in no way match the scope of the original work.

Plus his remake of Dawn of the Dead has tainted him in my eyes and 300 was dumb as hell.

please understand

derExperte

I've never seen The Watchmen but I assume it is garbage and can in no way match the scope of the original work.

Plus his remake of Dawn of the Dead has tainted him in my eyes and 300 was dumb as hell.

please understand

No I don't understand. I like the original Dawn as much as every reasonable human being but the remake was awesome too. And Watchmen is of course worse than the source material, doesn't make it bad. 300 is weird but if it's on tv I'll watch it.

Watchmen is legit, not sure what you're talking about. And MoS is on Goyer.

wait people hate watchmen now?

wth

No bad movie by all means, but I remember it being divisive when it came out among fans out of the source material. It had a great trailer, the opening credits is legit, and it was pretty faithful to the comic (on a panel-to-panel basis even), but the visuals and style showed Snyder got the wrong idea. Watchmen was never flashy. But in the end Snyder it mostly a style over substance director. Dawn of the Dead is still his best imo.

Arthea

Actually, aren't the Star Ocean games a bit like Japanese Elder Scrolls?

I would even agree, if we could disregard horrible Elder Scrolls combat, but as we can't, Star Ocean is antonym of ES, no?
Actually it goes beyond only combat, but let's leave it at that ;)

Yo

Dead Rising is a better remake of Dawn of the Dead than Zach Snyder's Dawn of the Dead.

#undeniable

about that... none of things you mention is better than another, all are pretty bad, come at me ;)

Dr Dogg

Man the Scientology like guys and their website had me in stitches but then after evaluating myself on their site there's only bloody missions for them!

Ruruja

Console gamers being happy at a "2 for £80" deal (admittedly on upcoming 'AAA' titles) really baffles me. I used to pay £30 for new releases on 360/PS3 and felt that was too much, I can't imagine paying so much on games now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Console gamers being happy at a "2 for £80" deal (admittedly on upcoming 'AAA' titles) really baffles me. I used to pay £30 for new releases on 360/PS3 and felt that was too much, I can't imagine paying so much on games now.

Gaben has REALLY spoiled us, hasn't he? ;)

Arthea

so, I decided to do one more run of Endless Dungeon and I had three runs in a row where exit was 4-5-6 dark rooms away with all rooms explored, read that it was the last room I entered and no energy for powering any of them. To hell with this game, I'm done, not going to buy it either! When you can't even leave first floor on easy, it's clear hint a game is not for you (><)
well, not saying never... maybe when I'll forget

oh Experte, did you manage to finish Endless Dungeon?

derExperte

so, I decided to do one more run of Endless Dungeon and I had three runs in a row where exit was 4-5-6 dark rooms away with all rooms explored, read that it was the last room I entered and no energy for powering any of them. To hell with this game, I'm done, not going to buy it either! When you can't even leave first floor on easy, it's clear hint a game is not for you (><)
well, not saying never... maybe when I'll forget

oh Experte, did you manage to finish Endless Dungeon?

What do you mean by first floor? Surely you made it to the first exit?

Arthea

What do you mean by first floor? Surely you made it to the first exit?

that's exactly what I mean, I didn't made past first exit three times in a row (><)
enemies killed my guy securing the exit room while I was running with the bloody crystal, all three times. I have no patience for this.

so did you finished it? I mean got to the last floor, 12th or something?

derExperte

that's exactly what I mean, I didn't made past first exit three times in a row (><)
enemies killed my guy securing the exit room while I was running with the bloody crystal, all three times. I have no patience for this.

Securing the exit room? Why? You power up some rooms (you can also remove power again in case you didn't know), build turrets along the route and then run together with the crystal to the exit.

But no, didn't finish, certainly gets hard and more complicated with the resource management but it seems like you're stuck even before that. *g*

Arthea

Securing the exit room? Why? You power up some rooms (you can also remove power again), build turrets and then run together with the crystal to the exit.

I had no power for half of rooms, simple, I didn't build enough turrets tho, that's true, but I am always so low on production, I left a guy there to keep enemies fixed on him.
You mean you ran crystal with both guys? Mhmm I never did that. One of mine is slow, you know hitter, so I always run with that fast woman.

derExperte

I had no power for half of rooms, simple, I didn't build enough turrets tho, that's true, but I am always so low on production, I left a guy there to keep enemies fixed on him.
You mean you ran crystal with both guys? Mhmm I never did that. One of mine is slow, you know hitter, so I always run with that fast woman.

Always keep them together, enemies spawn everywhere anyway. Guess that changes when you have more people but there's no reason to split so early. And don't power up all the rooms.

Arthea

Always keep them together, enemies spawn everywhere anyway. Guess that changes when you have more people but there's no reason to split so early. And don't power up all the rooms.

but that means not having that insane killer, because he is so damn slow, he barely moves, but kills so nicely, I couldn't just not take him.
Maybe I should try to do a run without him? One more time.

edited: I split them yesterday too and it worked, but I had way better layout of rooms than anytime today.

Jawmuncher

I have a bad feeling ME4 is going to be a disappointment for me. Since it sounds like it'll be using the DA:I formula of areas with shit to do and then only like 5 actual story missions.

Mass Effect should have stayed a shooter. This coming from someone who did absolutely everything available in ME1. When 2&3 rolled around the only thing I missed from 1 was the more dialog choices. Since 3 was very light on that.

titch

So, soon will be my birthday. I won't say when because I'm not used to celebrate my birthday, but sadly this year it's important because I'll get old (30, lol), So I thought to do this giveawat before of that :p
GFWL key, will activate on Steam. Enjoy.

HBDY when it comes!!!

Trust me there will come a time when you wish you were only 30!!!

Calling Dungeon of the Endless fans

Is it worth getting the crystal edition?

Dr Dogg

I have a bad feeling ME4 is going to be a disappointment for me. Since it sounds like it'll be using the DA:I formula of areas with shit to do and then only like 5 actual story missions.

Mass Effect should have stayed a shooter. This coming from someone who did absolutely everything available in ME1. When 2&3 rolled around the only thing I missed from 1 was the more dialog choices. Since 3 was very light on that.

For me all BioWare had to do was go back to the ME1 model of progression and exploration, not have a forced sense of urgency dumped on the player, refine the traversal and progression systems and play heed to other titles who have done choice better. I could live with the more shooter and action focus if the grand scope of the first game was back. While 2 and 3 had more variety it felt like lots of shoe boxes tied together with menus than one big galaxy to get lost in. Oh and bring back the elevators.

Arthea

Why would his speed prevent you from using him?

he is so slow they are in separate rooms while running.

but nah, it's not about splitting team or not splitting, it's all about layout, I got nice layout as yesterday and again I had no problem leaving first floor whatsoever, then I got shit layout on second floor.... and no resources of course. Nope, not for me.

A question regarding that new Skullgirls Character.

How do we get it? The previous characters were free as a DLC, but I can not see the new character as a DLC in the shop.

derExperte

he is so slow they are in separate rooms while running.

but nah, it's not about splitting team or not splitting, it's all about layout, I got nice layout as yesterday and again I had no problem leaving first floor whatsoever, then I got shit layout on second floor.... and no resources of course. Nope, not for me.

If you select both they stay together when one carries the crystal. And you seem to have no resources because you're playing it fundamentally wrong, an easy layout only helps to cover that up.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Actually, aren't the Star Ocean games a bit like Japanese Elder Scrolls?

I'd hate Star Ocean if it was like Elder Scrolls. lol It has some of the best combat which is the exact opposite of it so I'd say it's more of it's own thing.

Zky, if you want to try them out for good gameplay and an alright story I'd go with 2 and 3,
if you like Tales of Phantasia the first SO will be good too since it's pretty much that (If you play the PSP version it'll be like SO2),
and if you want to hate characters to nice combat you can play 4.

MUnited83

For you.
But isn't there a difference in the speed run community? The ones that are using glitches and the ones that aren't?

Technically there can be glitchless speedruns, but then you get to the discussion of what's a glitch or not, and it will ultimately be a boring as fuck speedrun.

Arthea

If you select both they stay together when one carries the crystal. And you seem to have no resources because you're playing it fundamentally wrong, an easy layout only helps to cover that up.

Maybe I'm doing it in a wrong way, not gonna argue. I already lost interest in it anyway.
good luck clearing it, btw ;)

edited: talking about random stuff, aside from my first run I found no chests with items, just how rare they are?

Nope. Enemies spawn only in unlit rooms.
Always make sure you light up every possible room before opening a room since there is a chance that the game will try to spawn enemies. Unexplored rooms also don't spawn anything.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Edit: if you don't have enough power, try to create a single string of unlit rooms, and build defenses starting from your last powered room. Having multiple spawn points makes the game harder.

Jawmuncher

For me all BioWare had to do was go back to the ME1 model of progression and exploration, not have a forced sense of urgency dumped on the player, refine the traversal and progression systems and play heed to other titles who have done choice better. I could live with the more shooter and action focus if the grand scope of the first game was back. While 2 and 3 had more variety it felt like lots of shoe boxes tied together with menus than one big galaxy to get lost in. Oh and bring back the elevators.

While I thought the exploration in ME1 was absolutely lackluster. Since it mainly turned into drive to point and do a mission. I would prefer that style again with just more to do on the planet. Did you play Inquistion? I really just don't want that power system with lackluster side quests and 5 actual story missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom