• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't there a difference in the speed run community? The ones that are using glitches and the ones that aren't?

Yes but the commenters obviously aren't aware of that or don't care, it's the cancer that lies in every speedrun related topic/video/anything.

But isn't there a difference in the speed run community? The ones that are using glitches and the ones that aren't?

Sort of. There are "glitchless speedruns" but those aren't nearly as popular. When a speedrun that uses glitches can skip the final boss battle and get the end credits in 4 minutes, whereas a glitchless takes 90...well, it kinda goes without saying people will think 4 minutes is far more impressive despite the glitch abuse.

Dr Dogg

While I thought the exploration in ME1 was absolutely lackluster. Since it mainly turned into drive to point and do a mission. I would prefer that style again with just more to do on the planet. Did you play Inquistion? I really just don't want that power system with lackluster side quests and 5 actual story missions.

Yep. According to Origin I played 43 hours of Inquisition yet I'll struggle to be able to give a synopsis of what I've played. I can see why it's got some fans but there's just too much filler and not enough substance for me (and that's coming from an AC nut). Still need to finish off the last third but I'm having a hard time mustering up the energy.

derExperte

Nope. Enemies spawn only in unlit rooms.
Always make sure you light up every possible room before opening a room since there is a chance that the game will try to spawn enemies. Unexplored rooms also don't spawn anything.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Yeah, read about that in meantime. Tbh I'm still totally winging it myself and discovering stuff. Still the game doesn't feel overwhelming, it's more a 'that's how this works, cool' feeling though sooner or later I'll probably have to give the 'too easy' setting a try.

I don't really see what he would want to pimp in this particular case.

Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

so, I decided to do one more run of Endless Dungeon and I had three runs in a row where exit was 4-5-6 dark rooms away with all rooms explored, read that it was the last room I entered and no energy for powering any of them. To hell with this game, I'm done, not going to buy it either! When you can't even leave first floor on easy, it's clear hint a game is not for you (><)
well, not saying never... maybe when I'll forget
What difficult are you playing on? No shame in changing to very easy in my opinion, I'm on my second run and so far on the 8th floor.

Yes but the commenters obviously aren't aware of that or don't care, it's the cancer that lies in every speedrun related topic/video/anything.

These glitch speedrunners eep playing the game in a way that's not supposed to play, they don't respect all the the work the developers put in the game and have no shame in breaking it instead playing faithful the developer's view of the game. /s

Arthea

Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

ya, this game made it worth for me. Only one from steam games I don't have too.
I would have preferred at least slightly better rest of it, tbh (><)

What difficult are you playing on? No shame in changing to very easy in my opinion, I'm on my second run and so far on the 8th floor.
on easy
I could have switched to too easy, now when you mention it, but I didn't, anyway as I said, I'm done with this game for now.

Anyone know how gifts are restricted now? Have the second copy of Frozen Synapse Prime but there is a great big red exclamation mark saying it's only giftable to certain countries and then doesn't tell you what those certain countries are.

I suppose one of the 13 people on my friends list with it wishlisted might get lucky instead, especially those in Aus! Or unlucky!!

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cubetractor -- MB-37B7564AD245DB8A - Taken by Sendou
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-1529A2B5EE842C5A - Taken by ExoSoul

derExperte

Anyone know how gifts are restricted now? Have the second copy of Frozen Synapse Prime but there is a great big red exclamation mark saying it's only giftable to certain countries and then doesn't tell you what those certain countries are.

I suppose one of the 13 people on my friends list with it wishlisted might get lucky instead, especially those in Aus! Or unlucky!!

*cough*

And I had gifts with the restrictions notification which weren't restricted at all.

Oh god, GAF's trying to bury me under Frozen Primes. Thanks bob and nabs!

MUnited83

For you.

It's just a bug. You can give that Frozen Synapse Prime key to anyone and it will activate fine.

These glitch speedrunners eep playing the game in a way that's not supposed to play, they don't respect all the the work the developers put in the game and have no shame in breaking it instead playing faithful the developer's view of the game. /s

Now there's a proper use of the sarcasm marker "/s", that comment was uncanny! hehe

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The closest thing to Elder Scrolls in Japan in King's Field and even that is better than Elder Scrolls despite not seeing a new entry a whole decade.

Star Ocean is legit good.
Star Ocean 2 is even better.
Star Ocean 3 is a good game with an awful plot twist.
Star Ocean 4 has the most generic writing, the most awful trifecta of characters (Lymle, Meracle and Sarah) and mostly forgettable story but the gameplay is still legit and while the characters had no facial expressions the game looked nice back in the day.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I bought a headset yesterday.
Na na na na

tumblr_mkziy9aL961r2srhyo6_r1_250.gif

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The closest thing to Elder Scrolls in Japan in King's Field and even that is better than Elder Scrolls despite not seeing a new entry a whole decade.

Star Ocean is legit good.
Star Ocean 2 is even better.
Star Ocean 3 is a good game with an awful plot twist.
Star Ocean 4 has the most generic writing, the most awful trifecta of characters (Lymle, Meracle and Sarah) and mostly forgettable story but the gameplay is still legit and while the characters had no facial expressions the game looked nice back in the day.

Bayo you're a good person.

I bought a headset yesterday.
Na na na na

tumblr_mkziy9aL961r2srhyo6_r1_250.gif

I bought these! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FWB9TQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Sendou

My only image of the Star Ocean franchise comes from this video.

Thanks for Cubetractor!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dark Matter -- MB-A45FA01BEC5B3142 - Taken by Sarcasm
CUBETRACTOR -- MB-D4EF554B41E838E0 - Taken by lindarasta
ZOMBIE SOLITAIRE -- MB-56FE0D5FABAA1832 - Taken by fenners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom