• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
Why wouldn't a game called something like Tormentum Dark Sorrow end with metal? It's probably the the genre I'd expect the most. Besides maybe some overwrought orchestra.

Dsyndrome

Why the hell does this game
header.jpg

End with a metal song for the credits?
...and how the fuck was I judged 'evil' and my sins being greater when the game itself told me I did more good choices than bad?

Search your heart, you know the reason.
I played strict good and strict evil to make sure I got the specific endings. Those rats though, man...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SNOW Beta -- MB-D30586BE1CC28E2F - Taken by Bayonetta

Dr Dogg

That will definitely be interesting to see over time. The thing is, the bot accounts can still log in and appear online, they'll just be prevented from sending invites out. It'll probably take a couple of weeks for the bot operators to realize that those bots aren't doing anything and eventually shut them down. Of course if the bots themselves are being run through malware or something along those lines, those accounts may just continue logging in all the same.

The really interesting number in this equation, not that Valve would ever share it, is the number of those 125m "active" users that had spent less than $5 and are thus now restricted. If I had to guess I'd say it was probably between 15-20 million.

Considering Valve keep their cards or more over their sales, users and other such numbers to their chest it's quite handy that they do allow a lot of other such data in the wild. Plus when you take into account analytical tools like what Ars did and now with SteamSpy it's getting closer to having a look at trends and how things have performed over a specific period and over time in total. Sure it's not the complete picture and missing quite a few other data sources like price upon purchase but it's more insight than anytime ever in this industry.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that in 8-12 months Steam had once again reached 125m active users, not that they would report that number. If they continue to post articles at regular intervals about their numbers increasing, I'd say something very fishy is going on.

Valve usually reports numbers twice a year, right? And during special occasions. Though given they're launching multiple HW projects this year they might want to blow their horns more. We'll see.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve usually reports numbers twice a year, right? And during special occasions. Though given they're launching multiple HW projects this year they might want to blow their horns more. We'll see.

Valve reports numbers when it feels as though there's a number to report. Remember when it used to announce overall sales revenue after Summer/Winter Sales? ;)

JaseC

You can change your store region from the account history page if you have a history of cross-region purchasing, just FYI.

baterism

Man, Jet Set Radio gets really good after the first couple of hours.

I'm pretty surprised with the game. I tried Crazy Taxi, Sega fishing, and Space channel before and I think all have aged quite bad in terms of look and gameplay.

JSR in contrary is still quite fun, looks good, and reminds me much to GTA3.

If multiverse is real, somewhere someone is currently praising JSR:V for Dreamcast Four.

JaseC

Yet doesn't show the states for me =/

It may depend on just how "recent" your last cross-region purchase was.

Let me be clear that the fact Valve allows the option should not be considered tacit approval. Play with fire if you so desire, but don't push people in that direction just because you've had "success".

MUnited83

For you.
It's pretty legit. Hover is pretty cool, but doesn't quite capture the intricacies of JSR

JSR = FF13-tier confirmed.

i'm surprised to see that game didn't seem to do well, i remember it was trending on twitter when it was announced

RIP in peace frost

Don't stop till you reach the top! (This song isn't present in the PC/PS360 version and I'm disappointed no one modded it in yet.)

I'm pretty surprised with the game. I tried Crazy Taxi, Sega fishing, and Space channel before and I think all have aged quite bad in terms of look and gameplay.

JSR in contrary is still quite fun, looks good, and reminds me much to GTA3.

If multiverse is real, somewhere someone is currently praising JSR:V for Dreamcast Four.

In the first couple hours I was thinking the game was kinda meh, but then after a couple chapters the game cranks up everything to 11 and becomes such a pleasant experience. Some of the characters are also much more fun to play than the initial ones (Cube is fucking awesome)

rtcn63

Random accounting question:

On the income statement, a gain on sale of assets counts as Other Revenues and Gains, and wouldn't be part of the income from operations total, correct?

Sarcasm

It may depend on just how "recent" your last cross-region purchase was.

Let me be clear that the fact Valve allows the option should not be considered tacit approval. Play with fire if you so desire, but don't push people in that direction just because you've had "success".

Well thing is last thing I used was a US Bank account. =S Not trying to side track or exploit.

Did you guys read the thread about the head surgeon who looks like the doctor from mgs5? Lmfaooo son, you wanna say thats a coincidence fine, but the procedure is called HEAVEN... my boy kojima stays trolling

JaseC

Says I can show proof. Passport and bank statements should be enough right?

Oh, definitely. Valve can change your "home" region wholesale and (reportedly) will remove otherwise-applicable runtime restrictions if you can prove you moved.

baterism

Did you guys read the thread about the head surgeon who looks like the doctor from mgs5? Lmfaooo son, you wanna say thats a coincidence fine, but the procedure is called HEAVEN... my boy kojima stays trolling

Yeah it's crazy, It's either Kojima is really a master troll with a lot of data, or it's all HEAVEN'S will.

Dr Dogg

My first purchase on Steam was the Left4Dead bundle at £9 which I thought was a good deal but a week later I got World of Goo and The Orange Box for exactly £6. All that gaming goodness right there and I didn't know I was being extorted
and you know I get to keep them without paying up year on year because I own them not rent them

Vazduh

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-5BA4EC1731F8A507 - Taken by lindarasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom