• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
YgPq8fq.jpg

ouch

Even a WoW private server have more players.

kd0cX6Y.jpg

I wonder how is Titanfall on PC nowadays.

Lomax

Finally beat Gurumin, which is the first game I've beaten in like two months (after doing almost 20 in January). It had a couple of obnoxious platforming sections which will probably keep me from trying to get the S rank on all levels (not to mention another 10 achievements for beating the game on other difficulty levels which I have zero interest in doing), but all in all I got 17 hours or so of good fun out of it. Pretty damn good for a free Greenlight game. Definitely worth giving a shot if you've got it laying around.

I'd like to see Evolve drop down to $10 or $30 for a 4 pack by the end of the year or hopefully during the summer sale. I'd definitely give it a shot at that price point, but given how fast the community is dying off I couldn't justify paying more.

zkylon

zkylewd
guess the free season pass hasn't helped
yeah, i think titanfall sunk too deep to be saved

too much hubris for ea/respawn, i guess, thinking they could make call of duty numbers with only multiplayer

and like people like to tear on call of duty and with good reason but if there's one thing you get from cod it's value from like coop and singleplayer and all that crap.

but like madpacks and like 90 usd editions for titanfall were way too much, specially since the matchmaking was kind of shit at launch, apparently?

finding a game now was pretty easy a month back when i could run it but it was only team deathmatch which imo gets a bit boring after a while

looks like nobody else on gaf is playing gurumin

RIP my gurumin OT
i wish

looks delightfully like the sort of thing i'm into these days

2K killed Evolve themselves.

First the DLC-mess, then the entry price of 60$ for a MP-only game with not much content at the beginning and no Mod-Support.
I paid like 30€ for L4D1 and 2 at release and, at least for 2, I got a lot of custom maps, custom characters and no paid DLC.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know how you missed the free copy of that game >.>
cos i don't scout for those or really pay attention to freebies unless someone kindly lets me know (and everyone failed on this one)

like even if a game is free i won't grab it unless i'm interested in it since i'd rather have less games since crap games clutter the list so much

unless it has cards cos cards = free monies which i can use to buy games i really want to play

2K killed Evolve themselves.

First the DLC-mess, then the entry price of 60$ for a MP-only game with not much content at the beginning and no Mod-Support.
I paid like 30€ for L4D1 and 2 at release and, at least for 2, I got a lot of custom maps, custom characters and no paid DLC.
yeah, it's sad that business models kill these games cos they're actually pretty good

haven't played evolve but titanfall is lots of dumb fun and i would've bought it for 30 at release instead of 6 on like mexican origin like a million years later

i feel like ea and 2k costed themselves a lot of players like me

yeah, it's sad that business models kill these games cos they're actually pretty good

haven't played evolve but titanfall is lots of dumb fun and i would've bought it for 30 at release instead of 6 on like mexican origin like a million years later

i feel like ea and 2k costed themselves a lot of players like me

I just dont get what they are thinking? People love F2P games nowadays. I mean why should I pay full price for a game that doesnt really offer much content (even compared to 90s/early 2000s MP games) and not even modding tools.

Evolve and Titanfall arent even bad games.

Cth

Anyone know of any good deals/ways to get a cheaper copy of Grim Fandango?

It doesn't look like it's ever going to go on sale :D

EDIT: Checking with the B/S/T thread.

You can have my jewel case CD-ROM physical copy of the original release if you want :p

It turns out I don't like Tim Schafer's games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

EDIT: Checking with the B/S/T thread.

It's ~15% cheaper in Norway. That's as good as you're going to get if you want it now.

inm8num2

It'll go on sale eventually. GF is also on the Humble Store as a Steam key + DRM-free download, so I can see it being in a future Humble bundle later this year (e.g. the higher tier of a weekly bundle or something).

baterism

That head transplant thread is absolutely bonkers. I don't know what to think about it.
So there's a chance that head transplant program is Kojima's ruse? If what I read from that thread is right, I wonder why a high profile professor would want to take part in that. Risking his career and reputation.

Crazy.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just dont get what they are thinking? People love F2P games nowadays. I mean why should I pay full price for a game that doesnt really offer much content (even compared to 90s/early 2000s MP games) and not even modding tools.

Evolve and Titanfall arent even bad games.

i think it was probably mostly hubris

both titanfall and evolve are mp only games made from renowned developers in new studios under big publishers and seems like they both figured they'd be able to leverage their reputations way more than they did?

60 usd + microtransactions/map packs is like a terrible idea for multiplayer, i'm glad people proved them wrong

Jawmuncher

Hoping they update the launcher for GTAV soon. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the game when i quit so that the launcher stays. That way I dont have to disable my gpu to start it and then switch back to it every time.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'd be a lot more interested in Titanfall if it were 20 gigs and had private servers + a more robust browser. I heard the matchmaking was crap and it scared me off the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be a lot more interested in Titanfall if it were 20 gigs and had private servers + a more robust browser. I heard the matchmaking was crap and it scared me off the game.

matchmaking is fine but +1 on the size thing

i'm 100% gonna uninstall this to make room for witcha 3 so yeah, 50 gigs is fine for a game like wolfenstein that you'll play for a few weeks and uninstall, but multiplayer games that should be in your computer for months can't be 50 gigs

unless they're like 50 gigs of awesome league of legends skins

Grief.exe

is it a rage problem or an id tech 5 problem?

Most engines will create individual textures for each piece of the level. If creating a texture for an office environment there will be individual files for desk, floor, phone, etc. In Id Tech 5, iD created the megatexture which encompasses all of those objects into a single file.

This is great from a macro perspective, among other advantages, but viewing things close up can leave something to be desired. This really only impacts PC, as you are close to your monitor and running games at higher resolutions.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've said before that I'd like to attend TIFF one year and it's still something I'd like to do. Maybe not this year, but definitely in the not-too-distant future. Money permitting I'd like to spend a week or two in the US beforehand, doing, well, whatever.

Can I come too?

PVmw1Z6.jpg

Visit LA, seriously fun. And isn't Stump here too?
we'll get drunk, get a hot tub and share our feelings.

Tizoc

Has command and conquer red alert 3 aged well? Thinking of getting it in the next sale, but I see that it had an expansion pack as well?

wazoo

looks like nobody else on gaf is playing gurumin

RIP my gurumin OT

The game has not been in any sale, what do you expect ?

I have 300 games in my wishlist, I could spend my life on my backlog, what would I rush to a PC port of a PSP game. It does not help that I played the Psp version.

Dr Dogg

Has command and conquer red alert 3 aged well? Thinking of getting it in the next sale, but I see that it had an expansion pack as well?

I haven't played it in years but can't see why it would suddenly become archaic. Multi might be dead due to GameSpy shutting down but co-op might still be possible via a VPN. The game will still have the whackiest FMV's around and the gameplay was some of the best in the C&C series. The expansion, Uprising I found a little meh but it's more of the same though it didn't have multi but that doesn't really matter now. They'll be 75% off come the Seal and for me definitely worth it if you like your RTS games a little crazy. Both campaigns in the initial title are about 8-10 hours each so easily get your moneys worth.

Speaking of Seal/The Seal/Steam Sales, I wonder if GAF's favourite gif of the moment, Seal turning round in awe on his chair for the NZ Voice, will get some use at some point during Seal time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom