• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Hooray for FM11! My most played too. Sadly mine will be knocked from the top spot by FF14 soon, end of an era. :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89833998/t5.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

What I've noticed is that over the years as I've added more and more games to my Steam account nothing has come close to touching FM11. I suppose that's easier when you've got less to umm and ahh over what to play. Well that or have a dangerous addiction to FM.

[quote="Jawmuncher, post: 160721161"]Going to start GTAV fully today. Finally worked out the settings I wanted. Curious to see how long it takes since even GTAV just for the story was fairly long.[/QUOTE]

If I remember right it took me in the region of 50-55 hours to finish the story when I played it on PS3. That was skipping most of the side content which I'm fully down that hole this time.

Yeah, AMD is looking pretty bad atm.
But I'm afraid I'll ended up with another AMD gpu for my next upgrade lol, because price. I'll switch to intel for the CPU though.

Going to start GTAV fully today. Finally worked out the settings I wanted. Curious to see how long it takes since even GTAV just for the story was fairly long.

I ditched the story after 5 hours or so and play online ever since lol.
GTA Online is sooo much fun.

derExperte

Going to start GTAV fully today. Finally worked out the settings I wanted. Curious to see how long it takes since even GTAV just for the story was fairly long.

Took me 40hrs to get to 80% overall completion (fuck the collectibles). The main story should take around 30hrs when you concentrate on it and use fast travel.

Firs thing AMD needs to do is change their marketing approach. When i see this or this i really wonder who is behind these? Yeah they are somewhat funny but they look like two kids arguing who has stronger brother. And their answer for GTX 970 Fail was this
Those videos wouldn't be bad if they were some extra fun stuff done by the sides. But they don't have any good main marketing, so they are bad by default. Not good really.
The 4GB picture was not bad just a bit tame.
I do agree with you fully though. AMD needs a complete marketing overhaul.
I guess frosty is not coming back or he would have reacted to all the Strider talk... :(
Slowly I'm getting this feeling as well :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
speaking of gta 5, kind of weird there isn't a digital foundry article on the pc ver

edit: oh nvm there is, lol, didn't show up on the page when I checked for some reason.

guess they're still working on an article for console/pc comparison

They are just trying to find the best way to ignore resolutions over 1080p. These things take time. Sub 1080p resolutions? No worries, half a comparison will be about it.

Hooray for FM11! My most played too. Sadly mine will be knocked from the top spot by FF14 soon, end of an era. :(

t5.jpg

2010 edges it out for me.

Thorgal

That Italian Head transplant/Kojima conspiracy thread has made 2 things very clear :

1) I love GAF.

2) This is what happens when you take the blue and the red pill at the same time .

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol can I be both option A and B?? (More choice quotes from the NV X AMD thread)

The problem here is you have two sets of people: those that have only ever had Nvidia GPUs and have an antiquated view of AMD cards and software and who perpetuate the bad things they hear about AMD cards because why wouldn't they and how would they know? This is more ignorance than anything sinister.

And then you have another more malignant group of people who are firmly in the Nvidia camp after having spent hundreds of dollars on the newest NV GPUs and who choose to be wilfully ignorant about the current state of rival AMD products, helping to spread misinformation as it helps justify their investment.

Pick one of the two.

pahamrick

Lol can I be both option A and B?? (More choice quotes from the NV X AMD thread)

I've had 2 different nVidia GPUs, and 3 different AMD GPUs in the past 15 years. I'm currently on AMD, and I'm going back to nVidia for my next GPU because of the hassle I've had with drivers over the last couple years. Sure, they're better than they used to be but thats not saying much as far as I'm concerned.

So where's Option C?

Arthea

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89833998/t5.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

as you are so much into FF14, you are a person to ask, I lately seen some gorgeous FF14 screenshots, new locations I suppose. Does FF14 really looks so good now? Kinda hard to believe MMO can look so nice.

Ruruja

as you are so much into FF14, you are a person to ask, I lately seen some gorgeous FF14 screenshots, new locations I suppose. Does FF14 really looks so good now? Kinda hard to believe MMO can look so nice.

It looks good for an MMO sure, especially the lighting. They're also adding DX11 to it with the expansion in July. That's why you probably saw this comparison gif of current DX9 to DX11:

Arthea

I 'played' Three Fourths Home yesterday, one time through is less than an hour. It's really just clicking and holding one button, nothing too exciting but I liked how the story was told and the atmosphere. Also easy to 100% plus the music is amazing (make sure to turn on the tape deck). Not need to idle that imo.

I'm 30 min in, I'm dying of boredom here, almost literally.
How long it takes for cards to drop btw?

It looks good for an MMO sure, especially the lighting. They're also adding DX11 to it with the expansion in July. That's why you probably saw this comparison gif of current DX9 to DX11:

nice improvement indeed. Maybe I'll need to pick it when it's on sale again and play for couple of weeks. How long you get to play for free?

derExperte

Oh no the Killing Floor 2 beta is over. Already having withdrawal symptoms. Two more days.

I'm 30 min in, I'm dying of boredom here, almost literally.
How long it takes for cards to drop btw?

Too bad that you don't like it. I had all card by the end of the main story, maybe 45m?

Soooo hit, miss or maybe?

I think it's fantastic, a must play for western fans with lots to do and branching paths which then lock out other possibilities
like kill or help the Native Americans, work for or against an oil tycoon
. More complex than I thought with many cute details (visually and gameplay). Only problem right now are quite a few bugs with missions not 100% working and other more minor glitches.

Ruruja

nice improvement indeed. Maybe I'll need to pick it when it's on sale again and play for couple of weeks. How long you get to play for free?

30 days.

Also if you buy it through Steam, you can pay the subscription with Steam wallet (good for people who sell lots of trading cards :D).

Dr Dogg

I think it's fantastic, a must play for western fans with lots to do and branching paths which then lock out other possibilities
. More complex than I thought with many cute details (visually and gameplay). Only problem right now are quite a few bugs with missions not 100% working and other more minor glitches.

Oh nice. I'll probably pick it up before the discount ends, fingers crossed I'm through the meat of GTA V by then.

Kiru

I think so too, still haven't finished it yet^^
Westerado: Double Barreled is really dope. Nice sense of freeroaming. You can really kill anybody you see, the bandits that always bothered me before now run away from me and call me a maniac after I killed a lot of their criminal friends. :D Just looking at all the achievements I can see a lot of replay value in this game. On my first playthrough right now I'm trying to explore the whole map and it's secrets, Speedruns for later. Can really recommend the game to Western fans.

Arthea

Too bad that you don't like it. I had all card by the end of the main story, maybe 45m?

I finished a damn story and left it idle some, got all cards, uninstalled promptly.
You got cards rather fast.

30 days.

Also if you buy it through Steam, you can pay the subscription with Steam wallet (good for people who sell lots of trading cards :D).

I usually don't sell cards, so there is that. Maybe I should start? (><)
I don't really want to get into another MMO again, but 30 free days, it's like just playing any game, not committing to go deep or anything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I've been meaning to ask, what's with the influx of level 0 users adding people randomly to phish? I read that most of these are Russian accounts? How are they able to amass users, from already affected groups?

derExperte

I think so too, still haven't finished it yet^^

Not a very long game and the main story is pretty thin but the world is chock full of secrets and all the time there's something new somewhere, feels very dynamic.

I usually don't sell cards, so there is that. Maybe I should start? (><)

I remember looking at your inventory and wondering what you're planning to do with those mountains of cards. Craft badges?

Saty

The best PC games

Old and new, this is our pick of the PC games you should play today.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-19-the-best-pc-games

The key was to focus on the most fun games to play today, rather than a more academic list of the greatest PC games in history. This is why the list is angled heavily towards the last decade or so of PC gaming.

our focus was primarily on the kind of experiences that are unique to, or most at home on, the PC: emergent online worlds, deep strategy games, intense simulations and ferociously competitive eSports

Get your pitchforks out.

xezuru

Man, I wish 14 was pay-once-to-play, but I understand it would deteriorate the content.
I only played during the vanilla era where my character was maxed out with Turn 5 gear and there were only a little side stuff to fill in, but honestly FF14 has probably the best leveling / story content in any MMO, never dreaded it thought the entire process and dungeons very early on slow you into the sweet raid mechanics which were solid till end game, at least at the time.

Ran out of moneys but it's probably the only MMO that was worth it and the time, including my little strife and endgame wow raiding.

Sendou

"But for once they might be half-true, because for the first time in 30 years the best 2D platform game in the world isn't made by Nintendo. It's Spelunky."

What the fuck did I just read. The actual platforming mechanics in Spelunky suck. I would have liked to see Binding of Isaac: Rebirth represent "roguelikes" on the list.

*Staring dead into your eyes* ...and I was talking about vanilla Skyrim.

Dr Dogg

The Skyrim abuse that happens in this thread when just the name gets brought up is boarding on farcical at this point. While it might not appeal to everybody and I have issues with the combat systems and the complete lack of feedback you can't deny a lot of people like what the game does for them.

The Skyrim abuse that happens in this thread when just the name gets brought up is boarding on farcical at this point. While it might not appeal to everybody and I have issues with the combat systems and the complete lack of feedback you can't deny a lot of people like what the game does for them.
I know what it does for people, but I have also played long enough to see its flaws, really doesn't hold up to other PC greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom