• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

The Skyrim abuse that happens in this thread when just the name gets brought up is boarding on farcical at this point. While it might not appeal to everybody and I have issues with the combat systems and the complete lack of feedback you can't deny a lot of people like what the game does for them.

As someone who foolishly bought it on PS3. I feel no sympathy for the game or Bethesda. :p

MUnited83

For you.
*Staring dead into your eyes* ...and I was talking about vanilla Skyrim.

gammasquadouyaad.jpg

Dsyndrome

I complained about the number of saves Witcher 2 makes and how it won't let you overwrite... Up to the point where I failed a quest because of some lying ghosts near the beach. Luckily able to go back to a save from months ago. I'm back in team 1000 saves, or at the least frequent auto saves for important parts.
The Skyrim abuse that happens in this thread when just the name gets brought up is boarding on farcical at this point. While it might not appeal to everybody and I have issues with the combat systems and the complete lack of feedback you can't deny a lot of people like what the game does for them.
I'm all for the game. I just wish that each Elder Scrolls / Fallout didn't require the community to fix all the mistakes made by Bethesda in order to not crash constantly, save bloat, or memory leak.

7Sins

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for 7Sins:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-CDF92AA91C118BA3 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-6F864720F3F68C29 - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-3A63A24AEA665AE4 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-6F68E9308B008D29 - Taken by Kirosia. 1 entrants total.

t1429458149z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Diablo 3 is a far worse pick than Skyrim on that list. Overall, the list is pretty meh and predicatable, though I like that they picked Fez, Papers Please and Spelunky.

Turfster

Last day for the Gamesplanet spring sale is a best of
  • Metal Gear Rising 80% off
  • Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes 56% off
  • Tomb Raider 2013 75% off
  • GTA Complete 80% off
  • GTA IV Episodes 80% off
  • Max Payne 3 75% off
  • Fallout 3 GOTY 67% off
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 67% off
  • RE Revelaitons 78% off
  • RE 6 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 80% off
  • Bioshock Triple Pack 83% off
  • The Evil Within 66% off
  • Civ IV Complete 80% off
  • Civ V Complete 80% off
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 80% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Oblivion GOTY 67% off
  • Morrowind GOTY 67% off
  • Elder Scrolls Online 32% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 76% off
  • Deus Ex HR DC 75% off
  • Total War Rome II Emperor 77% off
  • Emergency 5 52% off
  • PES 2015 55% off
  • Enemy Front 75% off
  • Hitman Collection 78%off
  • Borderlands GOTY 80% off
  • Borderlands 2 GOTY 80% off
  • Lotr War in the North 75% off
  • Need for speed the run 85% off (origin)
  • FIFA 15 54% off (origin)
  • Virtua Tennis 4 80% off
  • Murdered Soul Suspect 80% off
  • Metro 2033 Redux 55% off
  • Metro Last Light Redux 55% off
  • Batman Apples GOTY 75% off
  • Batman Citrus GOTY 75% off
  • Batman Oranges 75% off
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 75% off
  • Naruto Ultimate Nnija Storm Revolution 56% off
  • GRID Autosport 78% off
  • Farming Simulator 15 40% off
  • Lara Croft's Oshiri 56% off
  • Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack 76% off
  • Saints Row IV 75% off
  • Saints Row IV GOTC 77% off
  • Castlevania LOS 2 82% off
  • Styx 60% off
  • Tropico 5 73% off
  • Dishonored 75% off
  • Wolfenstein TNO 66% off
  • Pro Cycling Manager 2014 68% off
  • Shadow of Moredoor 50% off
  • Alien Isolation 78% off

DailyIndieGame daily: Platypus PWYW

GMG has a Tomb Raider spotlight, pretty much 75% off across the board except for Oshiri which is 50% off

chronomac

An extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Effect -- MB-8776DAF4517039E2 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.

t1429460490z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What if all this WAFF going on between zky-zky and Cheesy is just an elaborate ARG advertising the SteamGAF VN?

7cJ4AjI.gif

At least they included Civ V.

*Staring dead into your eyes* ...and I was talking about vanilla Skyrim.

Do you mean vanilla as in unmodded or vanilla as in just the base game? If you mean the latter, that means that you're not including the fan patch that fixes most (though not all) of the shitty bugs that Bethesda left in the game, and the expansions that add way more content to the game than it had at launch. Skyrim is a pretty mediocre game with an excess of squandered potential once you add in the expanded content and the patch, so I don't know if I'd want to see what the pure vanilla version was like around launch.

pretty much 75% off across the board except for Oshiri which is 50% off

YW4NPMI.jpg

Pakkidis

Just take it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zombie Solitaire -- MB-C9A1B432D569D667 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

t1429462950z1.png

Sendou

Do you mean vanilla as in unmodded or vanilla as in just the base game? If you mean the latter, that means that you're not including the fan patch that fixes most (though not all) of the shitty bugs that Bethesda left in the game, and the expansions that add way more content to the game than it had at launch. Skyrim is a pretty mediocre game with an excess of squandered potential once you add in the expanded content and the patch, so I don't know if I'd want to see what the pure vanilla version was like around launch.

Vanilla as in unmodded AND just the base game (no official expansions).

abracadaver

how are some key sites getting their steam keys so cheap??

I'm looking at never alone for 4€ and grey goo for 14,99€ and I find it hard to resist. And its just steam keys not some russian gift or russian key that you need to activate with vpn.

Grief.exe

I'm looking at never alone for 4€ and grey goo for 14,99€ and I find it hard to resist. And its just steam keys not some russian gift or russian key that you need to activate with vpn.

Stolen credit cards, physical versions bought or stolen in cheap regions.

Sendou

Depends on the site. Some just get good deals from a publisher while others resort to shadier means (and it's not encouraged to purchase anything from them).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Stolen credit cards, physical versions bought or stolen in cheap regions.

This is the mostly the correct answer, since the lowest price for Never Alone right now is about $13 from a legit seller.

It sounds like G2A or some similar "buy it from another user" type site. In this particular case it's probably someone trying to sell their free IGN Prime key (it's their free game of the month).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why doesn't Steam have a spring sale? It's kind of weird.

I won't be surprised if Valve kills off the Autumn Sale in favour of a Spring Sale earlier in the year. I don't have figures on hand but there was a big difference in Autumn and Winter Sale participation last year -- a number of publishers sat the former out, at least partially. With publishers being able to set their own discount periods to an extent, it's understandable that participating in two big sale periods that are just a few weeks apart doesn't carry the allure it once did back when their games sat in the Daily/Midweek/Weekend Deal lottery and the matter was left up to Valve. Also, with Steam's available game count being as big as it is and only on the up, the Halloween Sale, despite being themed, is at this point large enough to serve as an acceptable stop-gap between June/July and December.

MUnited83

For you.

They can for example just get russian keys for legit russian resellers, like Yuplay.ru or Buka. Grey Goo for example is around 12$ and has no region restrictions on keys AFAIK.

derExperte

And Westerado finished. There are maaany achievements left but I'll wait for a few patches
and cheevo guides
before a second playthrough.

Am I crazy for thinking the original looks better? Nostalgia is a crazy thing.

TR1? Crazy sounds so tame, more like batshit insane oh my god lock him away. :)

Pakkidis

I just gave away a Zombie Solitaire game code but the recipient says its a duplicate code?

I don't know how this can be when I just purchased the bundle off Groupees and never claimed it since I already have it in my account.

I used my steam profile to log into Groupees to purchase the bundle, would that have any effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom