• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

The gamma/contrast looks off in the original screen you posted.

And obviously I'm not saying it looks technically better, but I personally find it more aesthetically pleasing. PSOne era graphics give me boners.

Can't see how it's more aesthetically pleasing myself, but I do love PS1 "pixelated" 3d graphics, texture warping and all. Vagrant Story still holds up quite nicely with emulator.

Oh, jump towards the rope? I'd been jumping towards the bottomless pit this entire time.

I think there's a bear below that pit :p

Dsyndrome

Spent all morning trying to figure out why my DS4 wouldn't get picked up wirelessly by my PC after it had worked before. Ended up having to mess with the registry, deleting the paired associations, removing and reinstalling the Bluetooth adapter, then it finally worked. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing.

KingKong

The gamma/contrast looks off in the original screen you posted.

And obviously I'm not saying it looks technically better, but I personally find it more aesthetically pleasing. PSOne era graphics give me boners.

I'm with you man, I think the remake's art style is very bland and uninteresting. For example:

obelisk09.jpg

Level10_Obelisk_Khamoon_image003.jpg

S1n1st3r

Banned
Yep. St. Francis Folly is the absolute pinnacle of the series and the Anniversary edition made it playable in modern times since the original has aged terribly.

Yep.

The screens posted here and vids I posted sell the game's beauty and level design short, since they are all of the first level, Peru, the least impressive one in the game IMO.

St Francis Folly and the Egypt level are *swoon*!

SWOON.gif

Arthea

http://i.minus.com/ifCqAzj2basyJ.jpg[/IMG

you told me things would be different ;_;

totally both

which is why everything's so great[/QUOTE]

I don't know how but they got around restrictions first time which were the same as now, except $5 rule. If anything after introducing limited accounts first time it looked like bot numbers increased not decreased.

KingKong

TR1 is pretty abstract (because of how much you could do with geometry and draw distance) and the remake went for a very realistic look, which makes sense, but I do think it loses a lot of the charm in the process

Level11_Sanctuary_Scion_image012.jpg

Sanctuary_of_the_Scion.29203208_std.jpg

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-A45142627306CE47 - Taken by texhnolyze
Got as a gift for joining GamesRepublic

Arthea

some steam related IF news

Straight outta the heart of beautiful downtown San Francisco, we’re super-pumped to bring you a slew of announcements from our inaugural event! With our very first visual novel ever coming out, more Neps, and more titles for Steam, 2015′s looking like an exciting year for Iffy!

Amnesia: Memories (digital only, Vita & Steam) – August 2015
Can love transcend time, space, and lost memories? Delve into this question with Amnesia™: Memories, which will be exclusively digital for the PlayStation®Vita system in August, with a Steam release following soon after! It will also be compatible with PlayStation®TV. In this visual novel, your life depends on hiding your recent loss of memory while you navigate complex relationships with five men. Will you be able to piece together that which was forgotten and rewrite the lasting love story you deserve, or will your love story come to an end?

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Vita) – May 19th
May the fight be with you! Hyperdimension Neptunia™ U: Action Unleashed, the first-ever foray into the 3D action hack ‘n’ slash genre for the Hyperdimension Neptunia universe, is set to release in North America on May 19th and in Europe on May 22nd/May 27th (digital)! It will be available exclusively on the PlayStation®Vita in both retail and digital formats, and will also be compatible with PlayStation®TV. Featuring new playable characters, as well as customizable equipment and over-the-top skills that haven’t been seen in previous Neptunia games, this title has something to offer to old fans of the series and new fans alike.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (Steam) – May 19th
We’re super excited to announce that on May 19th the CPU Candidates of Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation will be joining their Re;Birth1 big sisters on Steam! With this PC release, you’ll be able to experience all of the magic of the game that originally launched on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, with the added polish and shine of 1080p graphics!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation (Steam) – Fall 2015
Not only is Neptune traveling across dimensions – now she’s traveling across platforms! After its PlayStation®Vita/PlayStation®TV system release in Summer, Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth3: V Generation will get a Fall 2015 release! Luxuriate in all the fourth-wall-breaking comedy you’ve come to expect, with a fine polish of 1080p graphics!

Most of that we knew already, aside of Amnesia.

almost forgot Amnesia trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6UahGyvVdPg

edited: sorry uraizen, no Action Unleashed for us it would seem.

Kiru

ifCqAzj2basyJ.jpg

you told me things would be different ;_;
about this
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

did they implement this already ?

i have another account , with 3 games in it , all from humble bundle
so they should make it limited access , by i just manged to vote on green light and sent a friend request to random user

I think they retracted on the "retroactive" part, for shame:
It was retroactive for some (like my alt account), but it wasn't supposed to be. It's fixed now.

didamangi

TR1 is pretty abstract (because of how much you could do with geometry and draw distance) and the remake went for a very realistic look, which makes sense, but I do think it loses a lot of the charm in the process

The black sky limitation makes the game way moodier/creepier than the remake, but other than that I remember thinking the remake was really gorgeous when playing it for the first time on PC on release. Smiling the whole way through playing Anniversary.

you told me things would be different ;_;t

Yeah, got 4 bot invites in the last half hour, wth Valve?

As usual it is best advised to remind yourself that these things are personal and thus very subjective lists. It is not a "wrong" selection of games, just the ones the writer thinks are right.

I don't agree with many of the list but I can understand him.
These shots from Project CARS look pretty sweet. Now to wait for a possible Nuuvem deal.
Wish I was into racing games. They seem to have it much easier producing life-like visuals being inanimate objects, very speedy movements blurring otherwise jarring scenes.

And of course there are some very good racing games out/soon out. Asetto Corsa, PCars, Forza, Gran Turismo.

baterism

some steam related IF news
RB2 got date, RB3 fall? Noice.

Nothing beats fresh crazy conspiracy theory in Sunday.

I think they retracted on the "retroactive" part, for shame:
So, those who already in can still operate? Well, in time all bots would be eventually banned (hopefully). Don't just ignore it peps, report then block.

they found the actor and he's just similar to the doctor

it's debunked, and of course it is, crazy people just don't learn

That's what they want you to believe!

Salsa

they found the actor and he's just similar to the doctor

it's debunked, and of course it is, crazy people just don't learn

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Occam's razor strikes again.

2008 theory: "It's the X360 power symbol; MGS4 is coming to the Xbox!"
2008 actuality: "It's the universal power symbol; MGS Touch announced."

2015 theory: "The two doctors are virtually identical! There is some sort of bizarre TPP ARG at play!"
2015 actuality: "Coincidence."

Could be and that would make sense.

It is. Your gems are divided based on marketability, basically. I had two piles for a short while.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F3B9447E43A0A8D4 - Taken by Bayonetta

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm going to be doing next month's OT, which means you guys need to PM me your game recommendations for next month. Here are a few games I'm exited for next month, you may have others:
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Shadownet
  • Magicka 2
  • Project Cars
  • Invisible, Inc. - Uzzy
  • Axiom Verge
  • Chip's Challenge
Feel free to send me any game recommendations for stuff that's coming out next month, the only requirement is that it must be releasing on Steam. Please no Meet N' Fuck Street Racing.

Arthea

I'm going to be doing next month's OT, which means you guys need to PM me your game recommendations for next month. Here are a few games I'm exited for next month, you may have others:
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Magicka 2
  • Project Cars
  • Invisible, Inc.
  • Axiom Verge
  • Chip's Challenge
Feel free to send me any game recommendations for stuff that's coming out next month, the only requirement is that it must be releasing on Steam. Please no Meet N' Fuck Street Racing.
actually... Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 is May game too, not that many here care, but they totally should!
Anybody is writing about it?

pahamrick

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Invisible, Inc.

That pretty much covers May for me. I've had Invisible, Inc EA version since December and put in a bit of time to it. Can't wait for the full release, it will be perfect for me if they add controller support in.

Dr Dogg

At this point with all the conspiracies, real or the product of 'believers', MGS V is going to have to be something special or it might end up being a massive let down.

Also that El Toro gif sums up that thread perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom