• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Axiom Verge has been confirmed for May? The official site just says the release date will be announced "soon".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll put something together for Invisible, Inc.

Thanks!

Axiom Verge has been confirmed for May? The official site just says the release date will be announced "soon".

Yeah I might have jumped the gun on that one... I was just looking on Steam's "Coming Soon" list and it's slotted between a lot of other games coming out in May.

AHA-Lambda

I'm going to be doing next month's OT, which means you guys need to PM me your game recommendations for next month. Here are a few games I'm exited for next month, you may have others:
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Shadownet
  • Magicka 2
  • Project Cars
  • Invisible, Inc. - Uzzy
  • Axiom Verge
  • Chip's Challenge
Feel free to send me any game recommendations for stuff that's coming out next month, the only requirement is that it must be releasing on Steam. Please no Meet N' Fuck Street Racing.

No love for Not A Hero? :(

Turfster

I'm going to be doing next month's OT, which means you guys need to PM me your game recommendations for next month. Here are a few games I'm exited for next month, you may have others:

Feel free to send me any game recommendations for stuff that's coming out next month, the only requirement is that it must be releasing on Steam. Please no Meet N' Fuck Street Racing.
No NEON STRUCT?
Son, I am disappoint ;)

JaseC

Yeah I might have jumped the gun on that one... I was just looking on Steam's "Coming Soon" list and it's slotted between a lot of other games coming out in May.

Hmm, if the release date it currently has holds true then it's releasing on my birthday (it's sandwiched between a couple of 14/05 releases). That'd be nice.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Well darn it. Finally finished making an amateurish "bail thread" gif only to find out the Brain Surgerery = Kojima thread's closed. :(
Ah well.
Probably for the best.

Pillars of Eternity is really suprising me. Not only because of it's excellent writing, but the exploaration is pretty enthralling as well. I'm enjoying it much more then I thought, and I expected a lot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay so The Elder Scrolls Online's "Welcome Back" weekend totally worked

hVNAPfL.png

My original plan was to wait for a 50% off sale, but I honestly don't want to stop playing - it's easily the best single player MMO I've ever played. It's got a lot of elements from Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind (as well as the locations themselves) all wrapped into one. I'd have honestly continued ignoring it if it still had a monthly subscription.

The game has improved so dramatically since the early betas that it's not even funny.

JaseC

lol sad saoirse just getting hammered now

it'll be alright!

Despite a brief scare I'm still in the game collecting, uh, game, so I'm happy. ;)

hVNAPfL.png

My original plan was to wait for a 50% off sale, but I honestly don't want to stop playing - it's easily the best single player MMO I've ever played. It's got a lot of elements from Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind (as well as the locations themselves) all wrapped into one. I'd have honestly continued ignoring it if it still had a monthly subscription.

The game has improved so dramatically since the early betas that it's not even funny.

Wasn't it half off when it launched? That must be why I have it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Despite a brief scare I'm still in the game collecting, uh, game, so I'm happy. ;)
lol that's the saoirse we all know and love

On 2nd thought let zkylon do it. I'm feeling generous today.
kidding zky <3
I shall wait for Batman Arkham Knight.
lol thanks your highness

i already wrote and sent mine to jshackles but we have to first see if he approves hehe

fyi jshackles mrorange was fine with my lowercaps

Tizoc

If I just want to enjoy the story, is it worth playing Banner Saga on Easy? Combat kind of reminds me of FF Tactics, but I worry this one'll be a little too much for me on Normal :p

Also, before I forget again
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dokuro -- MB-5C48CD73BA076144 - Taken by derExperte. 25 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-473F68573555474A - Taken by hohoXD123. 27 entrants total.

t1429482331z1.png

Grief.exe

hVNAPfL.png

I really want to give FFXIV a try at one point. You constantly hear good things about that one, not so much about ESO.

Grief.exe

hVNAPfL.png

I've been waiting to pick up FFXIV on sale at one point. Constantly hearing good things about that one.

Dr Dogg

First it was the Scientologists but now I'm being harassed but a group of looney Spiritualists. Well at least GTA has swapped gangs for crazy religious cults. Wonder if MGSGAF will be in GTA VI?

jshackles

I really want to give FFXIV a try at one point. You constantly hear good things about that one, not so much about ESO.

I've played both and I stopped after the initial 30 days of FFXIV. It's a great game and a really good MMO. And you know I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, so what I'm about to say might shock you. I think I like The Elder Scrolls Online better than FFXIV. Of course, the fact that FFXIV comes with a monthly subscription probably plays into that quite a bit.

One thing I'm really digging about ESO is that you can solo dungeons, even those that are "designed for multiplayer parties". You can either wait until you're stronger or you can attempt it by yourself and the game will scale the difficulty down to match. FFXIV's dungeon system was okay, but if your party didn't have the right configuration it would just throw you in with a bunch of random strangers with no voice chat. And with most places in ESO, everyone shares the same instance, so it's easy to use other players doing the same mission to make your objective easier, even if they're not in your party.

I like both, but so far I'm really digging ESO's single-player experience much better.

JaseC

Ass Creed China's pre-order's up, anyone know where it might be gotten for cheaper?

It'll be up on Nuuvem at some point. Avoid RU keys entirely as Ubi generally "language-locks" its games and given there's an RU/CIS-specific sub on Steam I assume Chronicles will be no exception despite its cheaper price.

Dr Dogg

What's the difference?

Well Michael gets the Epsilom weirdos and Franklin has just been pestered by email from the Children of the Mountain. Their website it trying to reassure me they aren't a religion or a cult. Hmmmmm.

Edit: Hahaha well I just got an email saying 'Congratulations you have moved on to stage 2, that will be $199 please'. So no there's not much difference it seems.

Edit edit: What? Now they want $5,000 to ascend to stage 3? All stage 2 was a word puzzle that was impossible to complete on time and then I get told it was a test I was destined to fail.

Tizoc

It'll be up on Nuuvem at some point. Avoid RU keys entirely as Ubi generally "language-locks" its games and given there's an RU/CIS-specific sub on Steam I assume Chronicles will be no exception despite its cheaper price.

Thanks.

iosefe

I wish I had a chance to dl ESO for the free weekend.

All I want is to slaughter some Bosmer.

Revisiting Vvardenfell would be nice too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom