• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Is Binary Domain any good? It's like 3$ on GMG with the 20% off. I read there was some mic gimmick for it and I'm not really interested in those.

Better TPS shooter than Max Payne 3 if you ask me.

Folks who are waiting for FF6/TitS SC to hit steam, should really give Skyborn a try.
Did not expect such a good writing from an RPG Maker game.

i gotta buy some new headphones myself

last two were super cheap ones that broke in a couple of months so i've been using my cellphone for like skype calls and crap but it's so bad...

but i don't really like using headphones, i dunno how people can be hours with those things on, my ears end up all red

gotta find the tier above dirt cheap
I used to hate headphones until I found a really comfortable pair. My HE-400s could be excruciating to wear but I don't even notice the 560s 90% of the time. When I do it's usually because my terrible allergies have given me a sinus infection so my ears hurts in general.

I'm sure the headphone thread can recommend more reasonably priced pairs that offer similar comfort.

ibqNO7oaiRgt4i.jpg
The PM3s are so gorgeous although I have such thick hair that I still wouldn't call them stylish on my head :p

Do you have a link to more information about that monitor? Really neat, tempted to try to do one of those raspberry arcade projects one of these days.

Since launch there has been the zone of Shadowfen, the 3rd zone of Ebonheart Pact, which you play in the mid 20s levels until around level 30.

Eventually there is going to be another zone added called Murkmire, which is an Adventure zone. Murkmire and the other new adventure zones will be available to subscribers or to people who buy in DLC.

Here's a short 30 second video of Murkmire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGANBTnrSHM
Great, thanks for the info. Not sure how I missed that when I originally played. Re-installing now!

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Binary Domain any good? It's like 3$ on GMG with the 20% off. I read there was some mic gimmick for it and I'm not really interested in those.
the mic thing is 100% optional and you don't miss anything if you just use a controller like i did

the gameplay is pretty standard and i found it kind of alright but nothing too mindblowing

i really liked the silliness of the story and some of the characters tho, so i'd say that's the biggest selling point it has

3 usd is nothing so might be worth a shot if you like some wacky cyberpunk nonsense

I used to hate headphones until I found a really comfortable pair. My HE-400s could be excruciating to wear but I don't even notice the 560s 90% of the time. When I do it's usually because my terrible allergies have given me a sinus infection so my ears hurts in general.

I'm sure the headphone thread can recommend more reasonably priced pairs that offer similar comfort.

The PM3s are so gorgeous although I have such thick hair that I still wouldn't call them stylish on my head :p
yeah the problems are always the same for me tho, everything worth a damn is too expensive in argieland

like i want to spend like 20 usd at best lol

i already have a pretty decent sound system thingie so i don't need like super headphones too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know this may sound like a strange request, but here goes... Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a comfortable computer chair that's well suited for PC gaming? I'm looking for something that I can sit on at my desk that has a decent amount of recline, and something comfortable enough that I could sit and game (or code) for hours on end.

I've seen some of the designer "gaming chairs" and they just don't look very comfortable to me or are outside of my price range.

Vamphuntr

the mic thing is 100% optional and you don't miss anything if you just use a controller like i did

the gameplay is pretty standard and i found it kind of alright but nothing too mindblowing

i really liked the silliness of the story and some of the characters tho, so i'd say that's the biggest selling point it has

3 usd is nothing so might be worth a shot if you like some wacky cyberpunk nonsense

Cool I'm ready for some nonsense, then!

So you blast it full volume and no headphones. Kinky tbh.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I do that with my amp sometimes, my main pair are open back so all of the sound leaks out. Of course you lose out on tons of detail, but it's good enough for when I have to walk around.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know this may sound like a strange request, but here goes... Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a comfortable computer chair that's well suited for PC gaming? I'm looking for something that I can sit on at my desk that has a decent amount of recline, and something comfortable enough that I could sit and game (or code) for hours on end.

I've seen some of the designer "gaming chairs" and they just don't look very comfortable to me or are outside of my price range.

Here.

hohoXD123

What sexy headphones are people using? Recently got a pair of Oppo PM-3s but I use those for my phone more often than I do my computer unlike my main pair. Wondering how many people use headphones that require amps/dacs for gaming.

Mostly used for music though of course.

Sennheiser HD558, have had them for maybe 4/5 years now, so good.

Salsa

If you wanna get down on some multiplayer, I'm on the steam group.
Then again, I'm still getting my bearings on this godamn game.

yeah, i'll probably have to suffer through learning it a bit first

I wanna go through Westerado too as soon as im done with GTA but I guess i'll take a look at this too. looks very cool, not sure how I missed it

no OT or anything, odd

I've played both and I stopped after the initial 30 days of FFXIV. It's a great game and a really good MMO. And you know I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, so what I'm about to say might shock you. I think I like The Elder Scrolls Online better than FFXIV. Of course, the fact that FFXIV comes with a monthly subscription probably plays into that quite a bit.

One thing I'm really digging about ESO is that you can solo dungeons, even those that are "designed for multiplayer parties". You can either wait until you're stronger or you can attempt it by yourself and the game will scale the difficulty down to match. FFXIV's dungeon system was okay, but if your party didn't have the right configuration it would just throw you in with a bunch of random strangers with no voice chat. And with most places in ESO, everyone shares the same instance, so it's easy to use other players doing the same mission to make your objective easier, even if they're not in your party.

I like both, but so far I'm really digging ESO's single-player experience much better.

thanks for your impressions. Ive played probably ten MMO's looking for a good single-player experience. This sounds like it takes the open world element from GW2, which I liked to an extent.

and it runs on mac! that is a nice surprise.

Jawmuncher

I'm definitely already liking GTAV far more than GTA4. Thus far in terms of the world it fixed everything by funny enough, basically bringing everything back that was missing since San Andreas.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

That's interesting, because that's the exact same chair I used to have until it literally fell apart on me after 3 years of constant daily usage. I was thinking of getting another but was also thinking of "upgrading" a bit.

I was kinda looking at maybe something like this

I'm definitely already liking GTAV far more than GTA4. Thus far in terms of the world it fixed everything by funny enough, basically bringing everything back that was missing since San Andreas.

The main thing that makes me like GTA5 more than GTA4 is the first person mode. Granted, I haven't spent enough time with the game to really dig into my preferences but first person mode takes the cake over anything - ANYTHING - gta 4 has. I just like first person that much more than third person.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's interesting, because that's the exact same chair I used to have until it literally fell apart on me after 3 years of constant daily usage. I was thinking of getting another but was also thinking of "upgrading" a bit.

I was kinda looking at maybe something like this

Not a fan of the design itself but it might be comfy.

Lain

He's straight up said he isn't coming back on Steam and on Twitter.

I take a look at the account thread and I can't blame him for deciding on passing in taking part in such high quality discussion. Though on the positive, that thread shows once again that Stump makes good posts.

Dr Dogg

I just use a cheap as chips, high back, executive chair. No good for typing or using for extended periods but it's got some crazy tilt going backwards and is super comfortable. IKEA do a decent selection and I'm on the look out for a replacement at some point as the pneumatic cylinder is scraping the floor (maybe I should lose some weight too :p). As always your budget is the limiting factor and I'm certainly not going to drop a grand on a Herman Miller or something.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
My 20 euro Sony headphones stopped working on one of the sides.

So I ordered and I'm currently waiting for these:

#cheapasslistener

I'm cheap too which is why Geneijin told me about these. lol He has helped me pick out some before so he knows what I like and these turned out better than my $70 Sennheiser ones for about $32.

Arthea

My 20 euro Sony headphones stopped working on one of the sides.

So I ordered and I'm currently waiting for these:

http://litbimg.rightinthebox.com/images/384x384/201404/nvi1397617713409.jpg[/IMG

#cheapasslistener[/QUOTE]

I bought really cheap headphones accidentally, even posted a pic in this thread once, I mean $10 cheap and by the love of all what's fun, that's the best headphones I ever had, I went and bought more, just in case, and questioned my life decisions and style and everything. I mean they are amazing, no headaches, earaches, anything! Sound quality is OK. I forget I have them on and try to leave room occasionally with them on, that's only discomfort I had. So ya, it's not about price.

rtcn63

You really don't need to spent that much on headphones for gaming, single-player at least. Most genres you'd use them with (horror for example) are mastered to sound good on pretty much anything but laptop speakers.

Dr Dogg

Priority number 1 for me with headphones is build quality. I don't know if it's my freaky arse big head but I tend to break a pair every 18-24 months unless they're a sturdy set of buggers. Not point in spending a pittance if they're not going to last me 5 minutes and same goes for spending a fortune only to explode on my noggin.

Just read that back and it might not make a lot of sense to some people.

Zafir

Sennheiser HD558, have had them for maybe 4/5 years now, so good.

I agree with this. I bought them about a year and a half ago now and I really couldn't be happier. Great sound quality for the price and super comfy to wear.

The only downside to them is they leak sound a bit since they're open backs, but that doesn't bother me really since I bought them for home use.

titch

I picked up an astro mix amp a while back and still have an old set of creative fatalities that ive used for years - does a fine job for me.

Arthea

Priority number 1 for me with headphones is build quality. I don't know if it's my freaky arse big head but I tend to break a pair every 18-24 months unless they're a sturdy set of buggers. Not point in spending a pittance if they're not going to last me 5 minutes and same goes for spending a fortune only to explode on my noggin.

only... the sturdier they are, the heavier, the more headache inducing, unless you don't use them often and for long.
I couldn't wear some headphones posted in steam thread before even if I got them for free ;)

rtcn63

Get some customs brah

4-pro_1.jpg

http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue-4-pro

Purkake4

Banned
Seems to be a strange convergence of space games around this time.

There's two 4X games that just came out: Stardrive 2 and Star Ruler 2. Then there's Distant Star: Revenant Fleet and Gratuitous Space Battles 2.

Galdere

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Galdere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-0A18F8957B948294 - Taken by Kuroyume
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-85C2CD62F0AC7B74 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Enemy Mind -- MB-73346E5E00A7E27B - Taken by iosefe
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-FC9A5C05AD097E6B - Taken by thereisnoif
Joylancer -- MB-FA5A7D19B628A58E - Taken by Zero-Crescent
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-45CC5A5B4549F547 - Taken by pahamrick
Dead Space 2 -- MB-96D72F2B67273DCE - Taken by ExoSoul
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-4867DDD6389B13E6 - Taken by dot
Not The Robots -- MB-96A235F4C97821F4 - Taken by drakaenae
Startopia -- MB-F47ABF3B277F5784 - Taken by darkchewie

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is the bonus content in Crystal Ed worth it for Dungeon of the Endless?

titch

I bought it and the new dlc - adds some extra content - you can always upgrade it later if you would rather save some cash just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom