• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is the bonus content in Crystal Ed worth it for Dungeon of the Endless?

My thoughts on it from the Indie thread:

For $4 extra it's not bad if you really love the soundtrack and want to listen to it outside of the game. The library pod you get changes up the gameplay so that nobody can get new weapons so you need to concentrate on amassing turrets and tech to keep up with the damage output needed to survive. The hero you get with the pack, Josh, has the highest Wit stat in the game, which is pretty much custom geared for the library pod's playstyle.

I like having the option there at least!

Zkyzky and I played on that pod last night, it was really brutal but the rule changes make it fun!

Purkake4

Banned
Galactic Civilizations III is the only one that matters and it's only a month until the full release!
Stardrive 2 has a really cool real time space combat, possibly inspired by Star Control 2. All damage is modeled by component and whatnot. It needs a bunch more work on movement and stuff though.

hohoXD123

I agree with this. I bought them about a year and a half ago now and I really couldn't be happier. Great sound quality for the price and super comfy to wear.

The only downside to them is they leak sound a bit since they're open backs, but that doesn't bother me really since I bought them for home use.

Yeah, the leakage is the only real downside but like you I only use it at home anyway. The cable is also ridiculously long, which is either annoying or really useful depending on the circumstances.

Stardrive 2 has a really cool real time space combat, possibly inspired by Star Control 2. All damage is modeled by component and whatnot. It needs a bunch more work on movement and stuff though.
The PCGamesn review I read mentioned that the AI was awful and diplomacy is a complete non option which limits my interest in the game.
Yeah, the leakage is the only real downside but like you I only use it at home anyway. The cable is also ridiculously long, which is either annoying or really useful depending on the circumstances.
My HE-560s are completely open with no insulation. Not really a big deal unless you have paper thin walls or live in a 1 room apartment with 2 others. Open back headphones have a much larger soundstage which is nice. It is why I got the closed back PM-3s for when I go out though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ModBot said:
Instructions for Bayonetta:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RobotEX -- MB-0CD5739AB15A675F - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-7236303DFBD8CD18 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Numba Deluxe -- MB-3FAD48118BCBD8D5 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Morphopolis -- MB-D9D592F0EBFFC916 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.

t1429484910z1.png
Meh

Dr Dogg

How can anyone type leakage without giggling is beyond me. And yes I was laughing whilst typing this.

only... the sturdier they are, the heavier, the more headache inducing, unless you don't use them often and for long.
I couldn't wear some headphones posted in steam thread before even if I got them for free ;)

Well build quality doesn't mean using heftier materials, just ones that are monkey metal or flimsy plastics. I've had a pair of £150 Sony headphones disintegrate due to shoddy materials on fixings that are meant to take a lot of strain so price isn't a deciding factor either sometimes.

Get some customs brah

4-pro_1.jpg

http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue-4-pro[url][/QUOTE] Sadly me and IEM's don't get along.

Is there an easy way to see if someone is using your library of games? I let my friend share my library to try out some games, but I can never tell if he is playing one of his own games or mine. I don't want to kick him off if it is mine, but I don't want to message him and ask "hey are you using my library?"

Sarcasm

Is there an easy way to see if someone is using your library of games? I let my friend share my library to try out some games, but I can never tell if he is playing one of his own games or mine. I don't want to kick him off if it is mine, but I don't want to message him and ask "hey are you using my library?"

My library share kicks my buddy regardless what I play.

Nabs

When you look at your library, it'll tell you if someone is using it.

You've played: * Hours
Last Played:
Library currently in use by:

Something like that.

When you click on one of your games you should get a "xx is using this library" or something like that (detail view)

Momentary

Banned
Just realized that Bandai Namco is publishing the new One Piece. There is NO WAY that they would let Koei Tecmo release the game without online play. Bamco has been pretty good about releasing decent ports.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just realized that Bandai Namco is publishing the new One Piece. There is NO WAY that they would let Koei Tecmo release the game without online play. Bamco has been pretty good about releasing decent ports.

This will be interesting tbh.

I have never played a Soul Reaver/Kain game but own all of them on steam due to some bundle bought long ago. Are they still worth going through and if so do they need to be modded for modern playthroughs? Where to start?

didamangi

Gotta say, after playing GTA V for a couple of days offline, other than a great port, the Rockstar Social Thing is pretty much out of the way, at least in single player mode.

The game starts up right away and the achievements are unlocking when playing offline as well. Also, the game starts directly to story mode when you're playing offline. Props to R* for the smooth implementation.

zkylon

zkylewd
I need to finish Pillars too but witcher 3 will come out

ugh why are videogames back
yeah like, i wanted to do another playthrough of witcha 2 before 3 but probably not gonna happen

videogames y u do this

Dope headphones on a budget, Koss Portapro's, been using them for a while and they're awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00001P4ZH/?tag=neogaf0e-20
lol i googled those once after watching so many jeff green dark souls thingies and i dunno, to me those things look dangerous

Zkyzky and I played on that pod last night, it was really brutal but the rule changes make it fun!
i thought we played the food one?

iosefe

so i still have the Ad for Prey 2 in my Skyrim case

it doesn' mean much to me since i never played Prey one but it looked gosh darn cool

(there's a lot of renowned game si haven't played)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i thought we played the food one?

The first one we did was the library pod, we didn't have any weaponry that run but had lots of turrets and concentrated on Sci generators. The game after that was the Armory, which put more emphasis on food, personal DPS per character and giving us limited industry to build with. That was the pod you complained was your punishment for that one little tiny mistake, remember dear?

After that, I think we did two games on the regular Escape Pod which is just the vanilla game with the normal balance. I liked how we died faster there then we did on even the Library Pod, which is quite a bit harder for personal survival haha

so i still have the Ad for Prey 2 in my Skyrim case

it doesn' mean much to me since i never played Prey one but it looked gosh darn cool
I think I played it for a bit or the demo. It was interesting and a bit disorientating. Running on the walls and ceiling. It had a disgusting alien look. The walls I mean. Very squishy and shiny looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom