• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's weedday in argieland now so happy bday atraveller

have fun!

That's almost two to three partial to full bundles, depending on if you buy them from humble, groupees, or indiegala. That's a decent bit of money.

It's also about 9 Brazilian Reals. That's a good amount of Nuuvem money.
i suppose

to me 3 usd is like worth-the-gamble i guess

Yes.

Yes you should.
i have only done nocturne and p3

i know i want to try p4 and prolly p2, and i looked into some other digital devils but there's just so many of them, i dunno...

which ones would you recommend?

iosefe

wdud2.jpg

55e.gif
It's my birthday giveaway
55e.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Prey #2 -- MB-74AC9A316A1EDDDE - Taken by Servizio. 32 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prey -- MB-A8736A23242F3074 - Taken by Kagemusha. 44 entrants total.

t1429588471z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i have only done nocturne and p3

i know i want to try p4 and prolly p2, and i looked into some other digital devils but there's just so many of them, i dunno...

which ones would you recommend?

Sloppily written post incoming:

Aeana made a really spot on post about all of the MegaTens that you should check out. Though I disagree with a few things, like SMT 2 being better than 1, especially in terms of story.

P4 is good for people that just want a more casual and laidback experience that's more lighthearted than the other Persona games (though it still has some pretty dark moments).

Since you mentioned P2: If you like the other Persona games, trying the PSP version of Innocent Sin and the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment (since the PSP version was never localized and it hasn't been fan translated yet as far as I know) is probably a good idea. The Persona 2 duology is pretty good, and Eternal Punishment actually features a core cast that isn't in high school, unlike all of the other Personas. Also the combined story is better than P3's and P4's, but that's just my opinion.

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are really good too for pretty much all of the reasons Aeana mentions. Just make sure to play them back to back if you do get around to playing them, they're essentially the same game broken up into two parts. Also the American opening to DDS 1 is still pretty great.

I've never really touched the Raidou Kuzunoha games, but from everything I've heard, including all of the spoilers I've read, they seem to be okay. They also have some really interesting ties to the first SMT, and some of the Persona games have references to them, so there's that.

Also if you ever have access to a 3DS or can otherwise play them, get SMT IV, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

There's also SMT: Strange Journey on the DS if you want to try out some more of the main SMTs.
It's been sitting in my backlog for a while, but I've already had everything in the game spoiled for me, so that's okay.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, right ;)

lol wtf

when did i get a stoner reputation

i have literally not done weed in like 3 months lol

My family doesn't do BD gifts.
you're actually not the first person that i heard this from

what's wrong with you people lol

do you at least have cake?

Sloppily written post incoming:

Aeana made a really spot on post about all of the MegaTens that you should check out. Though I disagree with a few things, like SMT 2 being better than 1, especially in terms of story.

P4 is good for people that just want a more casual and laidback experience that's more lighthearted than the other Persona games (though it still has some pretty dark moments).

Since you mentioned P2: If you like the other Persona games, trying the PSP version of Innocent Sin and the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment (since the PSP version was never localized and it hasn't been fan translated yet as far as I know) is probably a good idea. The Persona 2 duology is pretty good, and Eternal Punishment actually features a core cast that isn't in high school, unlike all of the other Personas. Also the combined story is better than P3's and P4's, but that's just my opinion.

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are really good too for pretty much all of the reasons Aeana mentions. Just make sure to play them back to back if you do get around to playing them, they're essentially the same game broken up into two parts. Also the American opening to DDS 1 is still pretty great.

I've never really touched the Raidou Kuzunoha games, but from everything I've heard, including all of the spoilers I've read, they seem to be okay. They also have some really interesting ties to the first SMT, and some of the Persona games have references to them, so there's that.

Also if you ever have access to a 3DS or can otherwise play them, get SMT IV, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

There's also SMT: Strange Journey on the DS if you want to try out some more of the main SMTs.
It's been sitting in my backlog for a while, but I've already had everything in the game spoiled for me, so that's okay.
lol yeah, i was kinda hoping your post would be the abridged version but it's actually pretty confusing

i don't wanna go before ps2 i think, like none of the first person ones or like only dungeon crawling ones.

p2 and the digital devil saga ones are the bigger interests i have, as well as p4.

like i loved nocturne but i just like p3 more and i kind of want more of that

Happy birthday !
Happy birthday Atraveller!
Thanks!
you're actually not the first person that i heard this from

what's wrong with you people lol

do you at least have cake?
No, but I got a very cute birthday card that I really like.
Happy birthday, Atraveller~
Fellow Taurus here.

Too bad the game is unavailable in my country.
It's unavailable everywhere, that's why Prey is so special.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
lol yeah, i was kinda hoping your post would be the abridged version but it's actually pretty confusing

i don't wanna go before ps2 i think, like none of the first person ones or like only dungeon crawling ones.

p2 and the digital devil saga ones are the bigger interests i have, as well as p4.

like i loved nocturne but i just like p3 more and i kind of want more of that

Abridged version: They're all good.

Go with P4 first since it's probably the easiest to get into out of the three options and closest to feeling like P3 (and probably weakest of the three if you're okay with older games), then the DDS duology (since both are PS2 games, though keep in mind that it's closer to Nocturne than it is P3), and then the P2 duology (I'd recommend at least trying Eternal Punishment if you end up liking Innocent Sin since it's sort of a continuation of its story).

Welcome back.

55e.gif
It's my birthday giveaway
55e.gif

Happy birthday!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Human Revolution's "Missing Link" chapter is a bit of a drag. Not because of the lack of augments, especially so-late in the game (when nearly maxed out) but because I'm going through it and like "WHEN THE FUCK DOES THIS END SO I CAN GET TO THE END GAME AREAS ALREADY!?"

If it happened earlier? It wouldn't be so bad.

Yep, taken off from steam store, you can only get them from retail copies.

Ah, I see.
So it's one of those game that's taken off from the store.

Speaking of which, Virtua Tennis 4 is also going to be taken off soon. It's 80% off so you guys better get it before it's too late.

zkylon

zkylewd
No, but I got a very cute birthday card that I really like.

not even cake?

what kind of messed up traditions were you raised on?!

Abridged version: They're all good.

Go with P4 first since it's probably the easiest to get into out of the three options and closest to feeling like P3 (and probably weakest of the three if you're okay with older games), then the DDS duology (since both are PS2 games, though keep in mind that it's closer to Nocturne than it is P3), and then the P2 duology (I'd recommend at least trying Eternal Punishment if you end up liking Innocent Sin since it's sort of a continuation of its story).
ah alright

i have the eternal problem of wanting to play p4 but also liking the feeling of knowing that no matter what i could always go and play p4 for the first time haha

might look into the others tho, thanks!

Human Revolution's "Missing Link" chapter is a bit of a drag. Not because of the lack of augments, especially so-late in the game (when nearly maxed out) but because I'm going through it and like "WHEN THE FUCK DOES THIS END SO I CAN GET TO THE END GAME AREAS ALREADY!?"

personally i really liked it, tho i played it after i beat the game because it was dlc so maybe that's why

TheSeks

What is the end date again?

June if the store description is right.

But Game for Windows Live DRM = no thank you. I already have 2-3 GfWL titles that aren't going to be migrated. For $2, I'm not paying for a tennis title that means I'll have to crack it when GfWL shuts down.

Deadbeat

Banned

It wasnt paced to be part of the Main game. It being stand alone DLC is why it doesnt fit.

TheSeks

personally i really liked it, tho i played it after i beat the game because it was dlc so maybe that's why

I don't mind it, but honestly the place it's at (after China pt. 2) it just feels like pointless filler. They could've put it earlier in the game and it would've been fine. At this point I'm past the big revelations and this is just prolonging it because... well... "we need to show what he did during that time-skip in the non-Director's Cut, lol!" :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom