• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

today I've heard a new word - fexcel. I'll let you guess what it means, it ain't hard

Hey, changing metacritic scores is a serious business!

spockeyebrow.gif

as I keep repeating fishing is serious business, and chess, not much else

edited: actually until GTAs have no fishing, it can't be taken seriously at all (¬‿¬)

edit2: X05 is an amazing individual, the patience! the perseverance! the scale!

hekk got tossed during my absence?

tumblr_m8d9gnSJWg1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

He did, in some gamergate thread.

Man it is really sad to see that even on Sunday somebody is working on GTA V

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/history/

Wow.
So another patch is incoming?

Anyway, can someone explain this thread for me?
Sony emails prove Sony/MPAA actively lobbying to screw you over

Edit, oh it's locked already lol. Nvm.

Dr Dogg

spockeyebrow.gif

as I keep repeating fishing is serious business, and chess, not much else

edited: actually until GTAs have no fishing, it can't be taken seriously at all (¬‿¬)

Hey everything is serious business if you're serious about it!

And yes you can go fishing in GTA, with a rocket launcher and sharks. Actually I passed a bunch of 'country folk' (and that's putting it lightly) who were fishing by the lake next to their trailer.

Arthea

Hey everything is serious business if you're serious about it!

And yes you can go fishing in GTA, with a rocket launcher and sharks. Actually I passed a bunch of 'country folk' (and that's putting it lightly) who were fishing by the lake next to their trailer.

that's not how fishing works
kids these days

where is calm concentration, meditation, being one with the water, stalking, sitting for hours in the damp dark place, getting up with the sun and all that?

Looks like Prey is not available in my region.

Prey is not available in any region anymore ;)

Dr Dogg

Looks like Prey is not available in my region.

Prey isn't available in any region as it was pulled a long time ago. Though thanks to the legacy of physical copies they can be redeemed on Steam.

that's not how fishing works
kids these days

where is calm concentration, meditation, being one with the water, stalking, sitting for hours in the damp dark place, getting up with the sun and all that?

An old next door neighbour of mine used to run a fish and field shop bellow our flats. He used to bang on about how good fishing was all the time and always tried to get me to go along. I conceded one day and went along with him. Most boring day of my life.

Arthea

Prey isn't available in any region as it was pulled a long time ago. Though thanks to the legacy of physical copies they can be redeemed on Steam.

aren't we being slow today (¬‿¬)

well it's Monday, no surprise here

An old next door neighbour of mine used to run a fish and field shop bellow our flats. He used to bang on about how good fishing was all the time and always tried to get me to go along. I conceded one day and went along with him. Most boring day of my life.
Everybody who can't catch even a frog says that ;)

Dr Dogg

aren't we being slow today (¬‿¬)

well it's Monday, no surprise here

Well I included more details about how you can still eat, sleep and Prey so *pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft*!

Everybody who can't catch even a frog says that ;)

Yet despite that I would spend hours, HOURS, fishing in Ocarina of Time. Persona 4 was a drug too. Fuck social links, I want to catch the Samegawa Guardian!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In what is presumably the result of a bug/oversight, it seems that the implementation of the new store region system has rendered onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries inert. Before:
quacky9um2.jpg

After:
quack2lcus4.jpg

Arthea

Jasec... what do you mean by that? You mean that all locked copies can be redeemed without resorting to VPN now? kindly answer this fast!

edited: also it would be nice of you to quote those pics ;)

Kiru

In what is presumably the result of a bug/oversight, it seems that the implementation of the new store region system has rendered onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries inert. Before:
http://abload.de/img/quacky9um2.jpg[/IMG.]

After:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/quack2lcus4.jpg[/IMG.][/QUOTE]

The question is though, is your Duck Dynasty copy russian ? So it might only do that if you have 2 storefronts to choose like you have (AUS+RU) ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jasec... what do you mean by that? You mean that all locked copies can be redeemed without resorting to VPN now? kindly answer this fast!

It means that runtime restrictions are no longer in force, but as I said, I doubt it's intentional.

edited: also it would be nice of you to quote those pics ;)

Eh, I don't think they're that big. I've never resized a client screenshot and have probably posted more than 100 of them at this point.

So you going to play Duck Dynasty then?

Maybe after GTA5. :p

The question is though, is your Duck Dynasty copy russian ? So it might only do that if you have 2 storefronts to choose like you have (AUS+RU) ?

There's just the one store sub and it's set up to disallow Australia and a few other countries from running the game (seemingly because it wasn't submitted for classification), but my store region is still set to Australia, so I shouldn't be able to install it.

Edit: Also, I'm no longer given the option to change back to RU. That was a one-time thing. Now the list is IP-based:

storeregiontluge.jpg

Top to bottom:
- Current store region
- Current region as determined by IP address (if different to the above)
- Steam Support link

GTAV has me by the balls and it's not letting go, even though I played the old jank PS3 edition, I can't seem to stop playing this version, it's so pretty and fun!

Huh, so what's this drama about Titan Souls

TB tweeted he doesn't like the game, one of the devs then tweeted he's glad about that also calling TB Toiletbiscuit on the way, then later posted a pic about him pinning a print of TB's tweet on his fridge. Then TB made a soundcloud why he can't cover the game anymore etc

derExperte

In what is presumably the result of a bug/oversight, it seems that the implementation of the new store region system has rendered onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries inert.

Indeed, I can install my Russian Wolf:TNO now instead of getting the warning.

TB tweeted he doesn't like the game, one of the devs then tweeted he's glad about that also calling TB Toiletbiscuit on the way, then later posted a pic about him pinning a print of TB's tweet on his fridge. Then TB made a soundcloud why he can't cover the game anymore etc

And then his 'fans' flooded the Steam forum with threads about this and started to upvote every last negative review. It's sad. By all means talk about this even if it was the most minor silly thing possible but when it start to drown out everything else....

Tried running GTA V without internet connection at all.
Nope, can't do that, RSC launcher demand online activation. Damn.
When I tried it yesterday it was fine, weird.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yeah i can imagine how it'd really put a halt to the pacing of the game

kinda sucks cos i actually liked the dlc part the best out of anything in the game, i think it's just very cleverly designed and it gave me like a vibe like that riddick game

and i actually enjoyed the upgrade progression better than the main game too

also you spend a time shirtless which for some reason was really cool to me haha

The
ship and prison
design feels a little weak to me. But I don't mind the idea behind no augs for a run. I'm going for Factory Zero because it sounds interesting (but it's probably making the chapter longer than it should be) but yeah: It feels like the "director" of a movie placing a scene in the "extended cut" DVD/Bluray release somewhere wayyyy out of order just to screw with people.

I feel like if they
moved the Harbor to where your escape from China the first time was a little bit longer but it was Jensen dropping from the high-city to the lower and then getting captured before Malik comes to save him at the end of the Missing Link content
it wouldn't be so bad.

It did feel like filler. I had no prior knowledge of the Missing Link and started with the DC. Everything was brought to a halt at that point, and that was when you really just wanted to keep going.

I can see why they put it where they did and framed things around that part, but they could've put that part muuuuch earlier in the game and/or tweaked things around. The fact that they don't even have a cut scene for
Jensen beating the shit out of Belltower Guards until he's subdued
to make for a "whoo~ mysterious!" opening just really says it all.

Sounds like the kind of marketing strategy you would try when your game is considered to not be very good.

It could work.

Corpekata

Banned
Indeed, I can install my Russian Wolf:TNO now instead of getting the warning.

And then his 'fans' flooded the Steam forum with threads about this and started to upvote every last negative review. It's sad. By all means talk about this even if it was the most minor silly thing possible but when it start to drown out everything else....

Angry gamer fans are worse than Beliebers.

Sounds like the kind of marketing strategy you would try when your game is considered to not be very good.

It could work.

Except in this case the game is generally well regarded. Not 10/10s or anything but generally positive reviews and word of mouth (well, until TB's legion of fanboys threw their tantrum).

7Sins

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for 7Sins:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-78BFDAA06FF2A51F - Taken by Accoun

derExperte

I'm surprised it didn't turn into a graveyard with all that mod presence, because it sounds a lot like Concern Trolling: The Thread.

PCGAF mods are way too nice. The shit console gamers can post in PC centric threads and get away with easily would give you lifetime bans the other way around. And yet consoleGAF bitches and moans about how the other side is overbearing and ruining discussions. Preferably after five pages of 'But can it play Bloodborne?'.

Except in this case the game is generally well regarded. Not 10/10s or anything but generally positive reviews and word of mouth (well, until TB's legion of fanboys threw their tantrum).

I just checked and indeed the reviews are not as bad as when I looked last.

Still, I think channelling anti-TB feeling is a decent enough approach if sales are not progressing well. I'd forgotten the game existed.

PCGAF mods are way too nice. The shit console gamers can post in PC centric threads and get away with easily would give you lifetime bans the other way around. And yet consoleGAF bitches and moans about how the other side is overbearing and ruining discussions. Preferably after five pages of 'But can it play Bloodborne?'.

What is the score update? I forget who is winning.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-81592EF4DFCB7AAF - Taken by anastef

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And then his 'fans' flooded the Steam forum with threads about this and started to upvote every last negative review. It's sad.

Eh, I don't like Total Bisquick (see what I'm doing here?), but I'd say some of the reviews that are thumbs down are perfectly reasonable to "upvote," double-so when the prototype nails a LOT of what that review is talking about and why I haven't bought the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom