• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were all losing.

Not PS4 owners, Bloodborne is great!

Eh, I don't like Total Bisquick (see what I'm doing here?), but I'd say some of the reviews that are thumbs down are perfectly reasonable to "upvote," double-so when the prototype nails a LOT of what that review is talking about and why I haven't bought the game.

It is pretty dumb stuff, but I wouldn't worry about steam review upvotes and downvotes. For every TB downvote there will be some upvote from somebody who was a tester.

55e.gif
It's my birthday giveaway
55e.gif

Happy birthday Khaleesi!

Corpekata

Banned
Eh, I don't like Total Bisquick (see what I'm doing here?), but I'd say some of the reviews that are thumbs down are perfectly reasonable to "upvote," double-so when the prototype nails a LOT of what that review is talking about and why I haven't bought the game.

But it's not like they are voting based on merit. That review has only 100 more votes than the next review which isn't nearly as in depth. They are upvoting every negative review and downvoting massively any positive review. For a few days only negative reviews were even showing up on the first page because they were all like 90 percent helpful and the positive ones were downvoted into 50 percents.

It's balancing out now because people are realizing what's happened.

derExperte

Some of those complaints are weird or exaggerated (like the time you need to get back to most bosses, also you can skip some and still complete the game) and I disagree with all of his three major points but yeah, I'm not talking about those reviews and if it helped you to avoid a mispurchase then that's cool. At least he tries to explain his issues.

What is the score update? I forget who is winning.

Total Biscuit

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will steam games find my save files if I relocate (via Properties) the My Documents and Saved Games folder ?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.
PCGAF mods are way too nice. The shit console gamers can post in PC centric threads and get away with easily would give you lifetime bans the other way around. And yet consoleGAF bitches and moans about how the other side is overbearing and ruining discussions. Preferably after five pages of 'But can it play Bloodborne?'.
Yeah, alexandros getting junior'd while derailers got away untouched was sad to see.

Jawmuncher

It's a shame that Bethesda never bothered to go through the effort to rerelease Prey considering they own it. But with Prey 2 being canceled I guess it makes sense. No point in reminding people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Some of those complaints are weird or exaggerated (like the time you need to get back to most bosses, also you can skip some and still complete the game) and I disagree with all of his three major points but yeah, I'm not talking about those reviews and if it helped you to avoid a mispurchase then that's cool. At least he tries to explain his issues.

I dunno, the time to get back to the bosses DOES add up. Double so with the frustrating bow-charge and arrow-magnetpull mechanic that makes you a sitting duck. Just going by the "prototype demo" that was more than enough to put me off the title.

I mean if you want to beat me in two seconds on entering the arena until I figure out "hey I need to roll here" fine. But when I'm trying to prepare my attack only to get beaten because the game actively hinders you to make it more "difficult/frustrating?" I dunno, I don't really care for that.

I mean compare Titan Souls combat (as "shallow" as it is) to D. Souls or Bloodbornes combat where you're able to roll through most attacks to cancel them AND avoid enemy attacks if you want (wonky hitboxes aside). There's a pretty telling difference between the two when it comes to combat design.

topyy

This developer is so cute, he didn't say about credits before.
Hey there,

Fantastic. Thank you so much. One final Q… This one is for the NOT A HERO credits. How is your name spelt in English letters?

Cheers! :)
Best,

Jamie Wotton

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And then his 'fans' flooded the Steam forum with threads about this and started to upvote every last negative review. It's sad. By all means talk about this even if it was the most minor silly thing possible but when it start to drown out everything else....

A "journalist" like him and a fanbase like that? Truly a match made in heaven.

Arthea

This developer is so cute, he didn't say about credits before.
Hey there,

Fantastic. Thank you so much. One final Q… This one is for the NOT A HERO credits. How is your name spelt in English letters?

Cheers! :)
Best,

Jamie Wotton

I understood 3 things from your post. There is a cute developer, Not a hero has credits, Someone's name is not in English.
ya, that about covers it.

He probably was in beta, helped with some bug or something and they want to list him in the game credits so the dev is asking for his name :p
I won't even ask how you figured that out from the post in question (><)

I understood 3 things from your post. There is a cute developer, Not a hero has credits, Someone's name is not in English.
ya, that about covers it.

He probably was in beta, helped with some bug or something and they want to list him in the game credits so the dev is asking for his name :p

milena87

I still can't believe that Firefly Online is a thing. It's going to flop spectacularly, isn't it?

Of course.

I'm a big Firefly (and Joss Whedon in general) fan and I'd love a game about Firefly, but why an MMO? Make an adventure, an action game, an RPG, but an MMO? Why? :/

There's just the one store sub and it's set up to disallow Australia and a few other countries from running the game (seemingly because it wasn't submitted for classification), but my store region is still set to Australia, so I shouldn't be able to install it.

Edit: Also, I'm no longer given the option to change back to RU. That was a one-time thing. Now the list is IP-based:

http://abload.de/img/storeregiontluge.jpg

Top to bottom:
- Current store region
- Current region as determined by IP address (if different to the above)
- Steam Support link
So this glitch works indepedent from one's store regions. Very nice.

Now to test if it works for Germany I need to test Wolfenstein New Order. Folks, just send a Steam key via PM.

:p

derExperte

I mean if you want to beat me in two seconds on entering the arena until I figure out "hey I need to roll here" fine. But when I'm trying to prepare my attack only to get beaten because the game actively hinders you to make it more "difficult/frustrating?" I dunno, I don't really care for that.

The enemies' attack and move patterns are designed with the player's limitations in mind, make him more agile and every fight would become too easy. Sure you could introduce several phases but then people would complain about doing the same thing over and over again (
the very last boss was the worst because of exactly that
). The game is based on a strict 'one hit' principle, if you don't like it I understand but for the people that do the game works really well (including the short walks, though I would have no problem with an unlockable option to skip when for example doing the hard playthrough) and changing too much would dilute the original idea.

I don't think moderators are divided into teams, lol

Not officially of course but there's a war waging in the shadows.

Dr Dogg

Woooooo!!! Replacement GPU has been dispatched. While it's been eye opening, I certainly don't want to be returning to 5+ year old tech anytime soon.

Tizoc

Top 5 selling games of the past week in the UK (at least)
01 (NE) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
02 (NE) XBO MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
03 (NE) PC GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (01) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
Rather surprising that MKX outsold GTA5 o_O

Arthea

Of course.

I'm a big Firefly (and Joss Whedon in general) fan and I'd love a game about Firefly, but why an MMO? Make an adventure, an action game, an RPG, but an MMO? Why? :/

yeah, singleplay (+coop) RPG would have been nice to have, seems fitting too.

Dr Dogg

iYNaOB90FCTb9.jpg

what do you mean?.

Oh ha, bloody, ha. I've always been adverse to compression artefacts and that ain't going to change any time soon!

Top 5 selling games of the past week in the UK (at least)

Rather surprising that MKX outsold GTA5 o_O

Well I'm guessing that's just retail. It's £39.99 everywhere I've seen selling it physically in shops so Steam or other digital retailers are offering the same deal or better.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
WARNING -- kinda long post (but shorter than the previous one!) -- WARNING

Thanks, it's 4/20 for me though.
And it (barely) was when I posted, so everything is good :p

yeah, chances are i'm not gonna have a videocard by then so probably gonna be lttp to witcha 3

sorry to everyone but i'm crossing my fingers for another delay haha

just so i can share the people's excitement

i already missed eternity's and bloodborne's this year ;_;

i like mgs games, not all of them and not like as much as some people but i like them. they're just not the kind of stories i'm most interested about, or something like that. i also don't care for like super long multiple generation spanning series that require you to play like two dozen games to see it all

also i just want a microphone to play league that doesn't break, my current headphones work, it's just the mic that broke
Oh, I see, I don't have much to recommend then since I tenf to play for the gameplay rather than the story (obviously having at least a decent one helps but definitely not the focus for me) so I'll ask a friend who has a similar taste (but more into VNs) for suggestions :)

And if the issue is just the mic, get a cheap stand one and be done with it :p

Al final somos más de lo que creía haha
Btw that long post =d
Also Happy birthday Atraveller
Sep, un montón.
Don't forget to check this thread! :D

That was beautiful.
<3
I aim to please.

and on 4/20 too ... coincidence? I don't think so ....

VnwG08M.jpg
I also very much doubt that what Bender's smoking is actually a cigar :p

June if the store description is right.

But Game for Windows Live DRM = no thank you. I already have 2-3 GfWL titles that aren't going to be migrated. For $2, I'm not paying for a tennis title that means I'll have to crack it when GfWL shuts down.
But the +1 man.

look at this douchenozzle

md80S2E.jpg

88i5HYNfW0OPc_OjBAwz2Q_0_0.jpg
Looks like you!

But with hair :p

Sorry, I'll be joining that club soon though

There is no link here!
I feel deceived :(

Some real kooky posts in that thread
Edit: Put in real link and not comment quote to reply :p
Well, I wouldn't expect a dinosaur to have a rational thought process.

Jawmuncher
c
alert :p
Hypeeeeeeee

edit2: X05 is an amazing individual, the patience! the perseverance! the scale!
Because I'm SteamGAF is worth it&#8482;

In what is presumably the result of a bug/oversight, it seems that the implementation of the new store region system has rendered onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries inert. Before:
quacky9um2.jpg

After:
quack2lcus4.jpg
Megaton? Megaton.
Let's see how long this lasts though D:

Edit: Also, I'm no longer given the option to change back to RU. That was a one-time thing. Now the list is IP-based:

storeregiontluge.jpg

Top to bottom:
- Current store region
- Current region as determined by IP address (if different to the above)
- Steam Support link
I think that was the case since the beginning, given that Italy was an option for me right at the start.

PCGAF mods are way too nice. The shit console gamers can post in PC centric threads and get away with easily would give you lifetime bans the other way around. And yet consoleGAF bitches and moans about how the other side is overbearing and ruining discussions. Preferably after five pages of 'But can it play Bloodborne?'.
Marvel or DC threads have gotten way worse, except without banning anyone which can be pretty grating since it's always the same bunch of people shitting up the threads with "us vs them" garbage.

I don't think moderators are divided into teams, lol
But they are!
Moderators, Forum Administrators, Sys Admins, Owner.
Pick yo side

Sendou

Will be interesting to know what's the split between Steam and Rockstar Social Club when Rockstar finally decides to release some numbers regarding how the PC version did. Seems like the PC version is at 1.6 million sales but how big percentage is that of the overall sales?

Tizoc

So wait AssCreed China is part 1 of a trilogy of games taking place in different countries?
So in total the games' would come to USD 30. Not bad but I'll wait to get each for like $5 or less :V

Dr Dogg

Will be interesting to know what's the split between Steam and Rockstar Social Club when Rockstar finally decides to release some numbers regarding how the PC version did. Seems like the PC version is at 1.6 million sales but how big percentage is that of the overall sales?

1.6m on Steam alone if you take into account SteamSpy's stats. Last report from a Take 2 quarterly they said GTA V has sold 45 mil across all 4 platforms at the time where I think the data for 360 was ~19mil and PS3 something slightly lower but that's just going off wikipedia citations and not digging through earnings calls and what have you. What I'd be interested to see is how well the PC version sold compared to the PS4 and XO version each. They were marketed up to the eye balls and had a 6 month headstart from the joint announcement and subsequent PC delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom