• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Buy Elder Scrolls Online.

giphy.gif

The more I play it, the more I realize it's a great single-player game that just happens to have other fools running around in it.

Jawmuncher

The only MMO I liked was PSO2.

The only MMO I liked was WoW because I was paid in video games to play it for someone.
The dark days of Alterac Valley taking a whole day. At least I got Prey and Dead Rising that summer out of it. Day 1.

giphy.gif

The more I play it, the more I realize it's a great single-player game that just happens to have other fools running around in it.

AutoMatisch is selling me on the idea. It's sounding pretty cool as a SP game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The only MMO I liked was PSO2.

I really wish they could have brought it to the states without all the delays and complications. I haven't played since a few months after it left beta and the amount of new content is really crazy! But I can't remember all my Sega ID stuff and most friends have quit playing already. ;-;

PSO1 still can't be beat for me. Never have I loved anything that approached being an "MMO" quite as much as that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Forest just received a massive update. End Night Games upgraded to Unity 5 along with a host of other changes.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/242760/announcements/detail/230023830034135588

You know, it's interesting, of the KS games I track... I would say about 50% of them have been delayed for a Unity 5 switch. Either Unity 5 is a big upgrade or Unity is cutting off support for developers for Unity 4, because it's remarkable how many of them are switching and delaying their games to do so.

Arthea

Will buy Secret Elders.

I'd rather go for World of Scrolls, where you play as an elderly scholar uncovering secrets of universe one at the time.
On the second thought, why we don't have such a game?

Arthea, if you're reading this, next game from Skyborn devs, Echoes of Aetheria, should be out next month (or, you know, soonish).
The dev also mentions Skyborn 2, although how far along that game is, only he knows.

I hope this time with cards and cheevos. I still can't believe dev didn't add cards until now to Skyborn! the nerve! (><)

KarmaCow

I really wish they could have brought it to the states without all the delays and complications. I haven't played since a few months after it left beta and the amount of new content is really crazy! But I can't remember all my Sega ID stuff and most friends have quit playing already. ;-;

PSO1 still can't be beat for me. Never have I loved anything that approached being an "MMO" quite as much as that.

Yea there is just something about PSO. I didn't play it on the Dreamcast or even that much on the Gamecube but it was just so engrossing playing Blue Burst on a fan server. If you described the combat to someone who hasn't played it now, it would probably sound terrible but it just worked. Even PSO2 didn't scratch the same itch. I'm kinda sad how Schthack is basically dead, I liked jumping in every so often to play a couple games.

Arthea

Princess Battles is rad, that cards game is quite nice, even if simple, and there is freeplay which I had no idea is available.

gonna take a moment to say the SWTOR isn't as shit as you think it is

no MMO is, it's MMOness that make those games shit!
I kid I kid

You know, it's interesting, of the KS games I track... I would say about 50% of them have been delayed for a Unity 5 switch. Either Unity 5 is a big upgrade or Unity is cutting off support for developers for Unity 4, because it's remarkable how many of them are switching and delaying their games to do so.

Unfortunately I figure the third option is "we need to do something... how about we upgrade to Unity 5? That sounds like it is something good and should buy us another 6 months".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Unfortunately I figure the third option is "we need to do something... how about we upgrade to Unity 5? That sounds like it is good and should buy us another 6 months".

Well, that's possible too. There are definitely a lot of indies who very quickly get to their 0.1-0.2 versions where they're basically playable and enjoyable... and then totally fail to figure out where to go in terms of actually making a finished product.

Grief.exe

Unfortunately I figure the third option is "we need to do something... how about we upgrade to Unity 5? That sounds like it is something good and should buy us another 6 months".

I came to the same realization the other night, will be interesting to find the reasoning behind the nearly ubiquitous switch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm putting together the May OT, and need some game recommendations! So far I've got commitments and/or write-ups from:
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - zkylon
  • Neon Struct - turfster
  • Magicka 2 - MRORANGE
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Dr Dogg
If anyone else is interested in contributing, let me know. The only requirement is that the game must be released on Steam during the month of May. If you'd like to write a recommendation drop me a PM.

Dr Dogg

I'm putting together the May OT, and need some game recommendations! So far I've got commitments and/or write-ups from:
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - zkylon
  • Neon Struct - turfster
  • Magicka 2 - MRORANGE
If anyone else is interested in contributing, let me know. The only requirement is that the game must be released on Steam during the month of May. If you'd like to write a recommendation drop me a PM.

Sod it I'll knock out something for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I wanted to go in dark but I'm sure there's a non spoilery synopsis somewhere about.

jshackles

Sod it I'll knock out something for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I wanted to go in dark but I'm sure there's a non spoilery synopsis somewhere about.

Thanks for that. I did a few of these myself when MRORANGE was running the OT, and the few times I did it actually got me really hyped for the games I was writing for.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
just a friendly reminder ;)

#soon

uuughhh I need it

Yea there is just something about PSO. I didn't play it on the Dreamcast or even that much on the Gamecube but it was just so engrossing playing Blue Burst on a fan server. If you described the combat to someone who hasn't played it now, it would probably sound terrible but it just worked. Even PSO2 didn't scratch the same itch. I'm kinda sad how Schthack is basically dead, I liked jumping in every so often to play a couple games.

I bought a Dreamcast for PSO, believe it or not! Back when you could only have one character per VMU, so I bought one of those 4x VMUs and a few extra goofy colored ones. The XP values were absurdly high in V1, which they eventually smoothed the curve out for in V2 by adding an extra 100 levels. I never could play online though since I didn't have a reliable way to play at the time. Ep 1&2 on the Gamecube was where I spent the most of my time - splitscreen play let me get almost every local friend of mine completely addicted with me. Sometimes when we talk about hanging out, we say we'll bring out memory cards and do the swap-trick so we can all play together.

I still love everything about it. The music, the stages, the creature designs (even if the fodder enemies were obvious carbon copies), the way Ultimate mode completely changed everything, the sheer variety of weapon and mag designs... gah. I really miss it ;-;

tomorrow cheesy gonna leave me for killfloor ;_;

Don't worry, you'll be able to watch! You like watching, don't you~

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I probably would have tried PSO on my dreamcast if it had come with a modem! (I got a blockbuster model which only had a plastic insert there.)

Dr Dogg

Thanks for that. I did a few of these myself when MRORANGE was running the OT, and the few times I did it actually got me really hyped for the games I was writing for.

No probs. My problem is when I get YouTube suggested video fever and end up seeing more than I should. I know there was a vid Machinegames put out at Pax recently that goes into detail without being too spoilery.

Sölf

PSO 2 does finally have a western release? I only played 1 solo and with friends offline on the gamecube, but I really liked it (never finished EPisode 2 though), but 2 looked quite fun. Last time I saw something it was still asian only.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I probably would have tried PSO on my dreamcast if it had come with a modem! (I got a blockbuster model which only had a plastic insert there.)

Yeah I bought it in the event that I'd be able to play online, but I ended up having a lot of fun offline for the time I spent in the original. I never played online until Blue Burst had private servers up which was yeaaaaaaars later. Still, Gamecube was the best version to me for the splitscreen play aspect alone.

I even got the GC Exclusive Episode 3, which was reaaaaaaally weird but fun in a different way!

ibsZzLcgTKKSkV.jpg

what the hell is going on between Cheese and Zky?

Oh, just this thing, you know? <3

Sölf;160913119 said:
PSO 2 does finally have a western release? I only played 1 solo and with friends offline on the gamecube, but I really liked it (never finished EPisode 2 though), but 2 looked quite fun. Last time I saw something it was still asian only.

Sadly not. Sega of America has been absolutely quiet about it when asked. I fear that Sega of Japan is not giving them a lot to work with and many of the events are heavily tied-in with shows, restaurants and other media which would make it difficult to license out here. Interestingly enough, there IS an official English version, but it's limited to the South East Asia territories and there's no way to get on those servers to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom