• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys it's time for an auction.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS (NOT PILLARS OF ETERNITY) -- MB-9AFE07091F2AFFFF - Taken by trailmix16
MASS EFFECT 2 (NOT PILLARS OF ETERNITY, GUYS) -- MB-DDE5F026DA1E5CC5 - Taken by LuuKyK
DEAD SPACE 2 (STILL NOT PILLARS OF ETERNITY) -- MB-19EB8CB9E04B22A1 - Taken by texhnolyze
SHATTERED PLANET (*sigh* COME ON, IT'S NOT PILLARS OF ETERNITY) -- MB-050A2BEEA5211CF8 - Taken by 73V3N
SKULLS OF THE SHOGUN (YEAH, YOU GUESSED IT, STILL NOT PILLARS OF ETERNITY) -- MB-050A2BEEA5211CF8 - Taken by 73V3N

MYSTERY GAME (OH SHIT) -- MB-EC5877310732A9EE - Taken by PurpleMoustache

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a good game with a fun portal mechanic. It's also pretty quick, so you could probably finish it in a sitting or two. It all depends on how much exploring you do.

I think more people should give it a shot. It's definitely worth playing.

thanks

bought it, has a charming art style at the very worst and hearing it's short is nice

LuuKyK

I actually went for the Mass Effect 2 giveaway because I have been wanting to replay it since I sold my PS3 last year. lol

I will be cool with whatever it is though! Thanks for the giveaway. :p

Holy cow.

B9SNRco.jpg

Someone help me.

Thanks wuvcraft!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, the Elder Scrolls Online has an insane amount of content if you're one of those people that must do absolutely everything in the game:

I've played for 6 hours on Steam, and probably about 25 hours not-on-Steam (during the free weekend) So about 30 hours in, my character is level 15 and I've unlocked like.... 0.1% of the in-game achievements.

In reality I've cleared a few of the small starter levels and probably about 85% of the content that's in the Stonefalls which is kinda like the first "big" area. For reference, this is the area I'm talking about as compared to the rest of the in-game map that's available so far:

There are also a crazy number of skill trees for things like crafting, factions, weapon types, race, class, and more.

It felt really weird paying $60 for a game on Steam, but I think I'll get my money's worth out of this one.

Oh wow. Thanks Wuv! I was honestly expecting Bad Rats. lol

Same happened to me, what the hell. x_x

And modbot 2 just sent me another PM.
I got 4 in total lol.

Man, the Elder Scrolls Online has an insane amount of content if you're one of those people that must do absolutely everything in the game:

I've played for 6 hours on Steam, and probably about 25 hours not-on-Steam (during the free weekend) So about 30 hours in, my character is level 15 and I've unlocked like.... 0.1% of the in-game achievements.

In reality I've cleared a few of the small starter levels and probably about 85% of the content that's in the Stonefalls which is kinda like the first "big" area. For reference, this is the area I'm talking about as compared to the rest of the in-game map that's available so far:

There are also a crazy number of skill trees for things like crafting, factions, weapon types, race, class, and more.

It felt really weird paying $60 for a game on Steam, but I think I'll get my money's worth out of this one.

Oh, come on.. Please spare me.
Summer sale can't come soon enough. T_T

Holy cow.

B9SNRco.jpg

Someone help me.

Thanks wuvcraft!

Oh wow. Thanks Wuv! I was honestly expecting Bad Rats. lol

Same happened to me, what the hell. x_x

Probably because

ModBot is currently working, but having issues reaching NeoGAF. If you're doing raffles or anything today please be aware that this may be an issue--ModBot behaves somewhat erratically in the face of degraded connectivity (for example, he may receive some entries in time for a draw and not others; there may be issues queuing up PMs; there may be issues editing out drawn raffles; etc.)

Code:
root@roosevelt-c modbot]# traceroute neogaf.com
traceroute to neogaf.com (64.91.255.7), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
[removing hops to protect ModBot's privacy]
 5  * * *
 6  eth6-7.edge1.nyc4.us.as5580.net (78.152.53.60)  14.524 ms * *
 7  * * *
 8  te0-7-0-22.ccr21.jfk04.atlas.cogentco.com (38.104.73.57)  15.676 ms * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * be2005.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (66.28.4.74)  31.954 ms *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * lw-dc3-core2-te8-16.rtr.liquidweb.com (209.59.157.229)  39.906 ms *
16  lw-dc3-dist15-po6.rtr.liquidweb.com (69.167.128.243)  31.779 ms * *
17  www.neogaf.com (64.91.255.7)  39.186 ms * *

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those are all that's available to visit?

Color me sad now. I want to go to Vvardenfell.

I won't buy until its in-game

I think that map may be slightly out of date (I think it's from the game's launch) as they've added new content since. Vvardenfell isn't playable yet sadly, but they seem to still be adding new content fairly often and they have larger "expansion packs" planned in the future that you'll be able to either buy outright or purchase from their micro-transaction shop.

EDIT: Also, I'm surprised nobody's read the fine print on my screenshot...
I happened to walk past an interesting exchange in-game

MUnited83

For you.
That sucks.

btw
There's a Not Pillars of 'Ternity Giveaway coming up.

Pfffffff. What are you, an amateur?

Here, let me show how it's done!
django-explosion-more-in-comments-gif-567352.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BernardoOne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-9E81FC7EC92F7620 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 63 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #5 -- MB-379387C5D3AF9823 - Taken by Khronico. 58 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #4 -- MB-D4C528F87BA2FE3D - Taken by Teppic. 65 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #7 -- MB-FBDDBC6C23CA38AA - Taken by fspm. 58 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #6 -- MB-B4CC7B8C6DDE92B8 - Taken by Backlogger. 64 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #3 -- MB-115A83AF23B50CF0 - Taken by Cyberquake. 61 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #2 -- MB-3FF8D5656F0B9E65 - Taken by ExoSoul. 62 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #8 -- MB-E72FF094652EF7C7 - Taken by trailmix16. 62 entrants total.

t1429674984z1.png
boom.gif

13639752731551670133.GIF

Disclaimer: Keys from the duplicate bug on Nuuvem. Might already be used or revoked by Paradox in the future, so play it as soon as possible.

Does the steam version download through steam completely or through the ESO launcher? I'm quota limited outside of steam and netflix on my ISP. I have an original boxed copy but even at launch it required another 30 GB download but I also have the steam version. Would rather just download the whole thing again though steam.

Anyways:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sinking Island -- MB-A060FBDB083B32D8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
AR-K -- MB-03A23CD8C5860A25 - Taken by DmAc2k6

Vlad

I think that map may be slightly out of date (I think it's from the game's launch) as they've added new content since. Vvardenfell isn't playable yet sadly, but they seem to still be adding new content fairly often and they have larger "expansion packs" planned in the future that you'll be able to either buy outright or purchase from their micro-transaction shop.

Man, I've never played any sort of MMO (or any of the Elder Scrolls games, for that matter), but it does sound interesting...

EDIT: Also, I'm surprised nobody's read the fine print on my screenshot...
I happened to walk past an interesting exchange in-game

Sadly, I think it's pretty much that that kind of in-game chat is more the rule than the exception, so nobody's overly surprised.

jshackles

Does the steam version download through steam completely or through the ESO launcher? I'm quota limited outside of steam and netflix on my ISP. I have an original boxed copy but even at launch it required another 30 GB download but I also have the steam version. Would rather just download the whole thing again though steam.

It appears that the Steam version is slightly modified from the non-Steam version, as I tried copying the non-Steam version to the correct disk location and it didn't work. Steam said the files had to be redownloaded and it redownloaded 43GB or so. Then after that was done, I launched the game and the launcher had to redownload another 3GB or so of updates.

It's just a huge game.

Fake Edit: After looking at the files, it appears that Steam downloads the French (6.4GB) and German (7.1GB) language files, whereas the non-Steam version only downloaded the English (6.3GB) files. So the Steam version is probably 13.5GB bigger than the non-Steam version, assuming you don't care about the other languages.

Man, I've never played any sort of MMO (or any of the Elder Scrolls games, for that matter), but it does sound interesting...

Right now I'd say you should pick up Skyrim to see if it's the type of game you're interested in. It's also pretty big (though not as big) content wise, but it's $20 or less and can easily provide 100+ hours of entertainment if you find that you like Elder Scrolls games and don't mind playing single-player.

Sadly, I think it's pretty much that that kind of in-game chat is more the rule than the exception, so nobody's overly surprised.

There are options to disable the different types of chat. I think it's time to disable them all lol

He doesn't stop either.

--

While I was looking for the webm for this post, I found that DS2:SotFS webm and figured "I'll throw this up there". However, the real post I meant to make:

I've been having trouble with Sacred 3 (shut up.) -- I start the game and before I do ANYTHING at all, the framerate starts crashing. On release it played fine, but now I've gone back to it and it just dies. I can't figure out what on my system could be causing this...

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/sacred3.framerate.webm

I've seen other low end games do this as well (for example, Spoiler Alert! had to be played on my netbook where it ran with 0 hiccups but wouldn't run higher than like 15fps on my gaming PC). I've gone through the motions with Deep Silver tech support, but they're useless, so I'm hoping maybe one of you guys might have an idea on why games do this so I can get the game working properly.

You are back frosty senpai!

Skip-Beat-skip-beat-32445816-500-281.gif

Hope you can fix that Sacred 3 stuff, we need to coop it.

ExoSoul

Banned
Pfffffff. What are you, an amateur?

Here, let me show how it's done!
django-explosion-more-in-comments-gif-567352.gif

13639752731551670133.GIF

Disclaimer: Keys from the duplicate bug on Nuuvem. Might already be used or revoked by Paradox in the future, so play it as soon as possible.

Aren't you supposed to make them look like something they're not? ;P

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Prey #2 -- MB-74AC9A316A1EDDDE - Taken by Servizio. 32 entrants total.

gasp

I thought this game was cancelled and shelved by Bethesda's hubris, but now I'll finally get bounty hunt alien scum like I've always been meant to! Thanks and happy birthday Atraveler!

I've little interest in a MMO elder scrolls. In the past 2 months I've sunk probably 100+ hours into skyrim + DLC. And while the main story line was trash (already knew that going in since I beat it before), there is still a lot of fun to be had and the game just clicks on a level for me personally that I really enjoy.

Now I've done pretty much all the main content, from the original game and the DLC... and I still want more elder scrolls. I want new elder scrolls (already played/beat the old games long ago).

I might just have to play some fallout new vegas - another open world game I love. Pillars of eternity is on my list... but I kinda feel like I should finished divinity original sin first. Quite a conundrum
cool.gif

jshackles

I've little interest in a MMO elder scrolls. In the past 2 months I've sunk probably 100+ hours into skyrim + DLC. And while the main story line was trash (already knew that going in since I beat it before), there is still a lot of fun to be had and the game just clicks on a level for me personally that I really enjoy.

Now I've done pretty much all the main content, from the original game and the DLC... and I still want more elder scrolls. I want new elder scrolls (already played/beat the old games long ago).

I might just have to play some fallout new vegas - another open world game I love. Pillars of eternity is on my list... but I kinda feel like I should finished divinity original sin first. Quite a conundrum
cool.gif

I was kind of in the same boat you were: I played probably 150 hours of Morrowind, 300 hours of Oblivion, and probably 250 hours total in Skryim. I was excited to get into the Elder Scrolls Online beta, but the beta was absolutely terrible and honestly removed any hype I previously had for the game.

Fast forward to now and the game has come a long way, all for the better. The voice acting is excellent and plentiful (very few things in the game are lacking voice acting, and it's all just stuff that wouldn't have it anyway like your character's musings about a dead guy). The old game was slow and boring. Now the world seems alive and it's great.

The biggest draw: quests are absolutely everywhere. It has a very "Elder Scrolls" feel in that you can be doing one quest, and get sidetracked by 4-5 other quests that present themselves and before you know it, it's 3AM and you still haven't finished that first quest you set out on.

MMO games have never really "clicked" for me, but this game feels more like a single-player Elder Scrolls game than an MMO because the other people are so easily ignored and are completely unnecessary.

If nothing else, it's worth picking up on sale if you're a fan of The Elder Scrolls. Don't let the fact that it's an MMO put you off.

GaussTek

So, I finally finished Final Fantasy VIII (lol).

Man, some aspects of the game are so weird/bizarre, but I REALLY liked it. However, I can understand why isn't as popular as some of the other FF games.

Also, I felt that it somewhat lacked in character development compared to other FF games, specially the main villain. Story also felt a bit rushed and/or not so deep (IMHO).

Anyway, still pretty good, and like I said, I enjoyed it. Better than FFXIII for sure heh.

Tizoc

FF8 needs a retranslation if not remake. I still think the game's plot was lost in translation as being based on some Japanese literature or some ish.

baterism

So, I finally finished Final Fantasy VIII (lol).

Man, some aspects of the game are so weird/bizarre, but I REALLY liked it. However, I can understand why isn't as popular as some of the other FF games.

Also, I felt that it somewhat lacked in character development compared to other FF games, specially the main villain. Story also felt a bit rushed and/or not so deep (IMHO).

Anyway, still pretty good, and like I said, I enjoyed it. Better than FFXIII for sure heh.

Yeah. I was bewildered when I realized how much people dislike it.
My first FF that I played though so that might say something.

I never click with FF7

GaussTek

FF8 needs a retranslation if not remake. I still think the game's plot was lost in translation as being based on some Japanese literature or some ish.

Hah yeah, I agree. Actually I had to read a FF wikia in order to better understand some stuff and characters background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom