• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Damn! Those Pillars.

I already have it, and it's a damn good game! Cross your fingers guys and girls

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
It'll never going to leave EA, it feels like forever. Wasn't it one of the first EA games?

I think the game will leave EA with that update, of course the devs will continue to update the game...

it's on Steam EA for two years now, but in reality it was way longer in "EA", you could buy the game from the devs side since it's really early stages, a lot like Minecraft did it

edit: quoting wikipedia
The first public version was released on June 24, 2011

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That doesn't answer the question, tho. What's the point? Wouldn't lowering price to cents and leaving both games still can sell some over the time? What are benefits of removing games, any games?

He wouldn't be the first developer to remove his game from sale because the potent negativity surrounding it got him down.

dex3108

There is hope :D

uXIteEo.jpg

dex3108

I was tempted to enter PoE giveaways but then i realised that i won't play it so why should i ruin chance for somebody else who would play it :D

milena87

I don't doubt that Remedy wants to make an Alan Wake 2, I doubt that there's a publisher out there willing to pay for it.

I'd back a Kickstarter for an episodic series of course, maybe with around 4 millions (what Torment and Pillars got) they would be able to make 1-2 episodes.

But first, let's hope that Quantum Break will be a hit for them. And that it'll come to PC sooner or later.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I am getting more bot invites after Valve implemented new system than i was getting before XD

guess the scammers put all the current ones into overdrive ... since they can't really create any new ones without paying $5 for each one :p

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I am getting more bot invites after Valve implemented new system than i was getting before XD

I actually had the same thing happen. Five invites yesterday, most ever in a day. I'm guessing/hoping it's a 'burn off' where spammers are burning their last remaining bot accounts in a last ditch push.

Arthea

Besiege is our perpetual Early Access darling now.

Mine would be Wild Season... even if it won't be Finnish for a long, long time.

It's about the same, but there was increase in bots activity after they introduced limited accounts for the first time (><)
There is certainly a loophole and I assume Valve doesn't know what it is

JaseC

uXIteEo.jpg

Crowdfunding wouldn't generate anywhere near enough money for a "proper" sequel and shaving off a few million dollars (if that) from a proposed eight-figure budget wouldn't do much to sway MS. In all likelihood, Alan Wake 2 becoming a thing rests entirely on how Quantum Break fares.

Sendou

Crowdfunding wouldn't generate anywhere near enough money for a "proper" sequel and shaving off a few million dollars (if that) from a proposed eight-figure budget wouldn't do much to sway MS. In all likelihood, Alan Wake 2 becoming a thing rests entirely on how Quantum Break fares.

More like if Quantum Break is a success then they will make a sequel to that. If it's not success then they have to think something else entirely. Separate from their past IP's. I definitely agree that Kickstarter wouldn't generate enough funds on its own.

JaseC

More like if Quantum Break is a success then they will make a sequel to that. If it's not success then they have to think something else entirely. Separate from their past IP's. I definitely agree that Kickstarter wouldn't generate enough funds on its own.

Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Quantum Break being successful would show that there's a sizeable market for Remedy's brand of third-person action games and with Alan Wake becoming something of a cult favourite since release there'd be a good chance of MS reconsidering a follow-up.

Sendou

Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Quantum Break being successful would show that there's a sizeable market for Remedy's brand of third-person action games and with Alan Wake becoming something of a cult favourite since release there'd be a good chance of MS reconsidering a follow-up.

I just can't see it. Not saying it's impossible just improbable. Although I would like to see Remedy and Microsoft prove me wrong.

Stupid question, but is a way to create a category for sounds track or art bonuses? It's kinda annoying to look for them in the tools category.

Dr Dogg

Spooky edit: And again...

Papa EA must have slaughtered too many of it's adopted children.

In this thread, too? Clearly Google knows something.

Well they're up to 391,972 bundles sold for their latest Humble offering (that still hurts my head associating EA and the the word humble) but they have to be leaving a huge sum of money on the table continuing with their vanity project.

does it have glowing slogan "stay away" too?

Well it did have their 'Great Game Guarantee' badge plastered over it.

I was kind of in the same boat you were: I played probably 150 hours of Morrowind, 300 hours of Oblivion, and probably 250 hours total in Skryim. I was excited to get into the Elder Scrolls Online beta, but the beta was absolutely terrible and honestly removed any hype I previously had for the game.

Fast forward to now and the game has come a long way, all for the better. The voice acting is excellent and plentiful (very few things in the game are lacking voice acting, and it's all just stuff that wouldn't have it anyway like your character's musings about a dead guy). The old game was slow and boring. Now the world seems alive and it's great.

The biggest draw: quests are absolutely everywhere. It has a very "Elder Scrolls" feel in that you can be doing one quest, and get sidetracked by 4-5 other quests that present themselves and before you know it, it's 3AM and you still haven't finished that first quest you set out on.

MMO games have never really "clicked" for me, but this game feels more like a single-player Elder Scrolls game than an MMO because the other people are so easily ignored and are completely unnecessary.

If nothing else, it's worth picking up on sale if you're a fan of The Elder Scrolls. Don't let the fact that it's an MMO put you off.

I guess I can reconsider it when there is a sale. It did occur to me that there is no longer a subscription fee. Perhaps I can bug my brother to let me try on his account which he got at launch.

Arthea

Yes. Could very well end up in GOTYs.

seriously? I didn't get such impression from your previous post.

edited: and even more importantly, it's Trails SC year, W3 and PoE year, too bad for all other games released this year (¬&#8255;¬)
edit2: I mean we already know that Trails SC is awesome, and W3 even theoretically can't be bad.

edit3: so does Garden Warfare allows crossplay or not? Surely somebody knows!

Dr Dogg

As weird as this sounds but seeing there has been a couple of firesales on Titanfall and the DLC is free combined with PvZ Garden Warfare for cheap on Humble, we should really have a SteamGAF Origin Games Night some time in the not to distant future. Yeah I said it, Origin.

Man, unpacking boxes sucks. Who knew we had so much junk? Playing through The Witcher 2 now. It's fun!

Every house I've ever lived in I seem to move more stuff out of there than I moved in with. Granted that's probably to do with getting older, moving from larger flat to even bigger houses as well 2 peoples stuff but that still doesn't account that we usually have a clear out of old junk at least once a year.

I take it The Witcher 2 runthrough is in prep for numero tres?

seriously? I didn't get such impression from your previous post.

edited: and even more importantly, it's Trails SC year, W3 and PoE year, too bad for all other games released this year (¬&#8255;¬)
edit2: I mean we already know that Trails SC is awesome, and W3 even theoretically can't be bad.

And we're done.

Although I would like to give Westerado a run. I'm definitely interested since it received glowing praises from everyone who has played it so far.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Are there any news about the Trails SC release?

The only game I'm really looking forward too at the moment :)

Arthea

Are there any news about the Trails SC release?

The only game I'm really looking forward too at the moment :)

If you want bad news there were some: May is already out of the picture, probably June too. So July is the best we can hope for.

edited: actually there was discussion on Xseed boards earlier this year about why it's taking so long. So basically it's more or less confirmed that no game comes even close to scope of SC script, even VNs don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom