• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I finally finished Final Fantasy VIII (lol).

Man, some aspects of the game are so weird/bizarre, but I REALLY liked it. However, I can understand why isn't as popular as some of the other FF games.

Also, I felt that it somewhat lacked in character development compared to other FF games, specially the main villain. Story also felt a bit rushed and/or not so deep (IMHO).

Anyway, still pretty good, and like I said, I enjoyed it. Better than FFXIII for sure heh.

Final Fantasy VIII reminds me of my first printer.
I literally printed this whole walkthrough and got spanked by my dad for wasting the papers lol. I don't remember how many pages it was, but It's still stored in my parents' house.
Good times.

In the spirit of spring cleaning, here's some games that I forgot that I had extras of. I've probably got more in the vault somewhere, but this was what I had logged already.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203630
ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-7A9D99084656488A - Taken by Jason Frost
Metro 2033 -- MB-B4A7DF1A9BB303EF - Taken by 7Sins. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-35688CEC549A061C
t1429595064z1.png

It appears that the Steam version is slightly modified from the non-Steam version, as I tried copying the non-Steam version to the correct disk location and it didn't work. Steam said the files had to be redownloaded and it redownloaded 43GB or so. Then after that was done, I launched the game and the launcher had to redownload another 3GB or so of updates.

It's just a huge game.

Fake Edit: After looking at the files, it appears that Steam downloads the French (6.4GB) and German (7.1GB) language files, whereas the non-Steam version only downloaded the English (6.3GB) files. So the Steam version is probably 13.5GB bigger than the non-Steam version, assuming you don't care about the other languages.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy just how much content there is. I think was about veteran rank 7 or 8 when I quit. I was up to the second last area of the 3rd story line, Daggerfall. My Nightblade was pretty squishy at that point!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So uh... which ending for Human Revolution is going to be the "canon" ending?

Chose
Darrow's
but I'm not really for ANY of the options. I'd probably pick the fourth
killing myself and no message is sent out to where people have no clue what happened but the world continues with no pulling of strings (hopefully? *ILLUMINURTI.jpg*)
but I don't think that's a good "ending" for all the bullshit I put up with.

Took me roughly 37 hours and Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds glitched out. Ugh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm so sad this wasn't possible in the Director's Cut. Would've made that fight less tedious to do.

Well, it's not even really a spoiler.

The trailer shows him in the water amid a shitload of wreckage.

Welp, that's a bit... disappointing, though expected given how that ending is set-up by the AI voice-over.

Knurek

I think doing it with small games is cheating. A 0.5 at least.

Well, other people are counting each episode of Telltale/whatever games as a separate game.
I could do that as well and have ~100 already.
Also, it's not like I have short games exclusively, do I? Average length well above 6 hours.

Dr Dogg

Well.. I just spoiled myself. Tried out Resident Evil 6 at 1440p@120hz. I literally sat there and just moved around the mouse for a good 2 to 3 minutes just being amazed at the look and feel of it. How can you go back to 60fps.

Pascal needs to hurry up so I can build my desktop and play more demanding games at that frame rate.

This isn't something you can explain to someone. They just need to look at it in person and feel it. Holy hell. How can I go back. 30fps is just downright unsatisfactory now. There's no way on Earth I can play a game locked at that. Man, even a game of chess would benefit from this.

I bought a 120hz monitor initially for 3D. Once that initial wow factor wore off and I realised I had the grunt to play DMC4 @120fps with no compromise then another addiction soon sent in. Problem is that the demands of games at their best looking were soon out stripping the necessary GPU power for maximum temporal resolution so I was always left with a choice of constantly upgrade to stay ahead of the curve or chose highest IQ over maximum framerate.

Stuff like RE6 are piss easy to run (in fact all MT Framework games are) so you can really get the best of both worlds but something like Ryse you're either going to have to spend upwards of a grand on GPU's just at 1920x1080 with not sacrificing some graphical settings or dial stuff back. And then that doesn't even account for what's around the corner. Sadly I've gravitated towards the IQ compromise camp recently as downsampling and various driver manipulation possibilities have opened up.

One of the best things I love about high refresh monitors is that personaly I can do away with Vsync due to tearing being much less noticeable. Obviously Gsync is our lord and saviour but I still haven't seen a panel I like the look of, let alone want to spend an astronomical sum on. And yes any title that has interpolated animation benefits from a higher refresh rate regardless of the genre, even chess :p

Salsa

I'll never go 120hz or 4k till im rich

I can't feed frames if I have to feed myself

upping the ante on GPU even more for me sounds crazy

i'll stay here with my 1080p/60 golden standard

dex3108

Apparently GTA V PC version is kicking X1 and PS4 sales if we count Steam Only. If count every version of the game it is closer to X1 and PS4 sales combined (my estimation) :D

Salsa

is it weird that I prefer a limited dynamic range than a full one even when im using a monitor?

been messing with these settings and I was reminded of this preference. people still seem to prefer full by a large margin. I get you're supposed to get more details on blacks and such but I never got used to it (having both a monitor and a TV hooked up)

UbC6DYX.png

full always felt like crushed blacks to me

Arthea

Welcome back frostie

Apparently GTA V PC version is kicking X1 and PS4 sales if we count Steam Only. If count every version of the game it is closer to X1 and PS4 sales combined (my estimation) :D

Already? I thought we knew only about 1.6 mln of sales.

I never got a second Pillars of Eternity key but I can't really complain given the nuuvem discount was already great.

And 5'10, woot.

I never got second key either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's totally random, but is the first Age of Empire available on Steam?

It's not available digitally at all, and Mythology Remastered following 2 HD more or less confirms that too many of the source assets have been lost to time for a remaster to be viable.

Knurek

I really do hope that EA Korea leak for today's additions to Humble Origin 2 was fake.

Otherwise, there will be enough salt in here come 8 pm, to make the whole Danube uninhabitable for freshwater fishes.

Arthea

I really do hope that EA Korea leak for today's additions to Humble Origin 2 was fake.

Otherwise, there will be enough salt in here come 8 pm, to make the whole Danube uninhabitable for freshwater fishes.

you leave them fishies alone, Knurek!
Of course it wasn't fake. Fakes only depict something that's too good to be true, or too nasty, not meh

To be honest, the whole bundle is a big meh, the only worthy thing is Garden Warfare

shoot, I forgot that I now have Garden Warfare to play too!

kulapik

To be honest, the whole bundle is a big meh, the only worthy thing is Garden Warfare

It's not available digitally at all, and Mythology Remastered following 2 HD more or less confirms that too many of the source assets have been lost to time for a remaster to be viable.

That's too bad.
As much as I loved AoE 2, the first AoE is my favorite of all. Nothing beats romans & greeks civilizations. I hated that AoE 2 & 3 took place in industrial & more modern era.

JaseC

Chaos Ride and The Ingenious Machine have been yanked. They were both developed by the same person, so it would seem he's given up.

That's too bad.
As much as I loved AoE 2, the first AoE is my favorite of all. Nothing beats romans & greeks civilizations. I hated that AoE 2 & 3 took place in industrial & more modern era.

I didn't mind the change of scenery 2 brought, however Rise of Rome is my pick of the bunch overall.

Dr Dogg

Salsa set it to full and calibrate your monitor. Use this (http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/) if you don't want to pony up for a Spyder, it will take 10 mins tops. While some may bang on about preference or 'black crush' what in actuality you are doing it stretching a 10.5m colour space image over a 16.7m colour space canvas hence why it looks 'washed out' to some. You're losing in the region of 6.2 million variations of colour.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Chaos Ride and The Ingenious Machine have been yanked. They were both developed by the same person, so it would seem he's given up.

thankfully I own both ... was worried there for a second ;)

but yeah - seems like those "super-extra-remastered HD editions" didn't help :( too bad .... I kinda feel bad for the dude ...

Arthea

thankfully I own both ... was worried there for a second ;)

but yeah - seems like those "super-extra-remastered HD editions" didn't help :( too bad .... I kinda feel bad for the dude ...

I still don't understand why to remove them from the store, did it cost him/her to leave as it is? What's the point? Or is it a tantrum?

I didn't mind the change of scenery 2 brought, however Rise of Rome is my pick of the bunch overall.

Well, yeah.
I loved 2 as well, I'm not really "hate" it, I just prefer older civilizations. I loved the campaign in 2 though, and it's the game when multiplayer was really flourished back then. When the third game was released, I've already lost interest in the genre, and I really hated the home city concept.

Derp

I bought Psychonauts because James Willems from Funhaus said it's the best game ever.

I don't even know what i bought. I can't comprehend this game at all no matter how many videos i watch. I'll play it later today, and the truth will finally be revealed to me.

JaseC

I still don't understand why to remove them from the store, did it cost him/her to leave as it is? What's the point? Or is it a tantrum?

Neither game reviewed well among players at all and week-to-week sales probably slumped to a point where he felt as though it wasn't worth keeping the games available.

Benedict

Trying to play Out There Somewhere which looks to be a really great game. But there are issues for me regarding FPS, the game is very choppy, making it almost impossible to play :(

Those bundles are depressing. Imagining people working and working and only producing garbage that sells 6 copies via family members and end up as bundle trash to never be played.

Arthea

Does Garden Warfare support crossplay?

Neither game reviewed well among players at all and week-to-week sales probably slumped to a point where he felt as though it wasn't worth keeping the games available.

That doesn't answer the question, tho. What's the point? Wouldn't lowering price to cents and leaving both games still can sell some over the time? What are benefits of removing games, any games?

wait a second, lemme guess, both games have no cards. I have them but I don't remember, really. Well, here lies dev problem in a nutshell (><)

Sendou

Disclaimer: Keys from the duplicate bug on Nuuvem. Might already be used or revoked by Paradox in the future, so play it as soon as possible.

Oh no kidding it seems! Well with the same disclaimer as above here we go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sendou:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-510705670EF5E10C - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity #2 -- MB-805EC646A919C335 - Taken by WinterDemons. 8 entrants total.

t1429607848z1.png

Oh and there's an alternive to the second code that might work too to hit me with a PM if you win and it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom