• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate I and II recommended? I owned the original Baldur's Gate on release, but never spent much time with it. After the release of Pillars of Eternity, I'm keen to give it another go. I've also heard good things about Planescape Torment, is there plans for a Steam release?

Otherwise, what other games in this style are recommended? I'm also considering Divinity: Original Sin.

Tizoc

If you want bad news there were some: May is already out of the picture, probably June too. So July is the best we can hope for.

edited: actually there was discussion on Xseed boards earlier this year about why it's taking so long. So basically it's more or less confirmed that no game comes even close to scope of SC script, even VNs don't.

Heaven help you peeps with 3rd chapter then heh.

In the mean time gimme dat Xanadu Next!

Arthea

Heaven help you peeps with 3rd chapter then heh.

In the mean time gimme dat Xanadu Next!

you had to heh me, hadn't you? (._.)
It's very worrisome that TC still isn't even announced or in plans, barely considered. Our only hope is that SC sales are so good, that Xseed has no other way than to take on that task.

Paid 400 euros at launch for my 970, now the same card is 429 euros at the cheapest store in Finland. Average price is closer to 500 euros. Funny how strong euro never really dropped prices, but weak euro instantly raises prices. Gotta keep those extra profit margins to cover the lower profit margins in other regions (North America?) or something.

Can't wait for euro to get stronger again (if it ever does..) for no benefit at all, prices are going to remain the same.

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody mean.
And in light of previous situation, even if euro will get stronger at some point, prices not only won't drop but will rise again, because why not?

edited: that GTAV face-Off will go places, I'm sure (><)

Phinor

Paid 400 euros at launch for my 970, now the same card is 429 euros at the cheapest store in Finland. Average price is closer to 500 euros. Funny how strong euro never really dropped prices, but weak euro instantly raises prices. Gotta keep those extra profit margins to cover the lower profit margins in other regions (North America?) or something.

Can't wait for euro to get stronger again (if it ever does..) for no benefit at all, prices are going to remain the same.

Knurek

Preorder for Ys VI up on GOG

Are the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate I and II recommended? I owned the original Baldur's Gate on release, but never spent much time with it. After the release of Pillars of Eternity, I'm keen to give it another go. I've also heard good things about Planescape Torment, is there plans for a Steam release?
Otherwise, what other games in this style are recommended? I'm also considering Divinity: Original Sin.

If you don't own them on GOG and are willing to pay a premium for ease of use - sure, they're worth it. They were rough at launch, but have been patched.
Beamdog has no plans for Planescape/Icewind Dale II as they use different version of engine.

user237

I think that map may be slightly out of date (I think it's from the game's launch) as they've added new content since. Vvardenfell isn't playable yet sadly, but they seem to still be adding new content fairly often and they have larger "expansion packs" planned in the future that you'll be able to either buy outright or purchase from their micro-transaction shop.

Since launch they added Craglorn, which is a large slice of Hammerfell (Redguard area). The next areas coming after the console launch are going to be focused on Orcs, Argonians, Dunmer, and more Redguard areas

As weird as this sounds but seeing there has been a couple of firesales on Titanfall and the DLC is free combined with PvZ Garden Warfare for cheap on Humble, we should really have a SteamGAF Origin Games Night some time in the not to distant future. Yeah I said it, Origin.

Every house I've ever lived in I seem to move more stuff out of there than I moved in with. Granted that's probably to do with getting older, moving from larger flat to even bigger houses as well 2 peoples stuff but that still doesn't account that we usually have a clear out of old junk at least once a year.

I take it The Witcher 2 runthrough is in prep for numero tres?

We had lived in our previous home for ten years. Our new place is much bigger than the old one. We apparently amassed quite a bit of stuff in that time. Fortunately I didn't have to pack or move any of it due to a nice relocation package from the wife's new job. I am stuck unpacking it though, lol.

Yeah, The Witcher 2 play through is because of the third.

Planescape Torment is amazing, it has very good writing, and story is very interesting. Neverwinter Nights games are very good imo too.

derExperte

As weird as this sounds but seeing there has been a couple of firesales on Titanfall and the DLC is free combined with PvZ Garden Warfare for cheap on Humble, we should really have a SteamGAF Origin Games Night some time in the not to distant future. Yeah I said it, Origin.

I have both games installed. I'm ready. BF4 too.

Parsnip

Crowdfunding wouldn't generate anywhere near enough money for a "proper" sequel and shaving off a few million dollars (if that) from a proposed eight-figure budget wouldn't do much to sway MS. In all likelihood, Alan Wake 2 becoming a thing rests entirely on how Quantum Break fares.

Doesn't Remedy own Alan Wake, why would they need to sway MS?

Knurek

and it releases before SC too, basically everything Xseed is working on is getting ahead of Trails *sighs*

why isn't it for preoder on steam, though? Again time limited exclusivity or something?

Vovlo doesn't like niche publishers as much as Gogislav.com?

Mark my words, we will get Ys Seven and Xanadu Next before TitS SC.

ViviOggi

Announce it early so everyone can redownload that uncompressed multi-language audio goodness in time

So, sometime around the Steam winter sale I bought a four pack of this game. It's feature rich and fairly fun. Between myself and my sons we've spent around 30 hours with it. Admittedly most of that time was my boys playing local co op. Still, if you win it you should try it out sometime. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fight the Dragon -- MB-70E0508D4CAF38CE - Taken by topyy. 16 entrants total.

t1429628050z1.png

Lain

I'd be OK with that (I love Ys Seven). Though that Chinese PC port wasn't too hot is what I remember hearing.

Arthea

oh! infamous volvo agenda (><)
forgot about it

Also Xseed told before that they don't do preorders, now they suddenly do for gog?

do you have to twist that knife?

titch

Man, the Elder Scrolls Online has an insane amount of content if you're one of those people that must do absolutely everything in the game:

I've played for 6 hours on Steam, and probably about 25 hours not-on-Steam (during the free weekend) So about 30 hours in, my character is level 15 and I've unlocked like.... 0.1% of the in-game achievements.

In reality I've cleared a few of the small starter levels and probably about 85% of the content that's in the Stonefalls which is kinda like the first "big" area. For reference, this is the area I'm talking about as compared to the rest of the in-game map that's available so far:

There are also a crazy number of skill trees for things like crafting, factions, weapon types, race, class, and more.

It felt really weird paying $60 for a game on Steam, but I think I'll get my money's worth out of this one.

Stop making me buy games ;p

titch

wait, lemme try this too

kindly go and buy Trails! It's great fun!

did it work?

Not quite but you did remind me that it's been on my wishlist since xmas(that's when I got back to pc gaming)!!!

[pray]summer sale[/pray]

Watched the video again damn the music reminded me of Wild Arms (1)

What I'd give to play that for the first time again aaah!!

Knurek

All of you people trying to win PoE should just read the RPG Codex review and forfeit your entries (so that I can win the game).

This is literally the worst Obsidian game I’ve played to date. That’s right, I even had more fun with Dungeon Siege 3 - at least it was a fun beat ‘em up, as opposed to this lifeless, uninspired husk. Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity.

Tizoc

The year of Falcom/XSEED!
I honestly wouldn't mind those releasing first, good games are worth being available to a wider audience.

oh! infamous volvo agenda (><)
forgot about it

Also Xseed told before that they don't do preorders, now they suddenly do for gog?

do you have to twist that knife?

and it releases before SC too, basically everything Xseed is working on is getting ahead of Trails *sighs*

why isn't it for preoder on steam, though? Again time limited exclusivity or something?
Eh I know I'm gonna sound defensive of XSEED, but just be glad we're even getting it. I personally have lots of games I want their developers to release NAO!, but I just gotta accept waiting for it to be out proper and ready.
I remember asking about pre-order and they said it won't happen, but maybe that's just Steam? That or GOG want to get a lead on Steam purchases.
IMO if they managed to get the pre-order thing locked in we might see it up later today.

PARANO1A

What's the best way to acquire Steam keys for games that are no longer for sale on the Steam store? I really want Prey and Marvel UA.

Jawmuncher

Well importing the best version of Steins;Gate now. RIP Steam version.

Why would you play VNs on PS3 when you have a vita?

What's the best way to acquire Steam keys for games that are no longer for sale on the Steam store? I really want Prey and Marvel UA.

Pay exorbitant prices from trailers is about the only way for Marvel UA. For prey you can still find retail copies for decent prices that redeem on steam.

Preorder for Ys VI up on GOG

If you don't own them on GOG and are willing to pay a premium for ease of use - sure, they're worth it. They were rough at launch, but have been patched.
Beamdog has no plans for Planescape/Icewind Dale II as they use different version of engine.

Thank you for the information. I'm probably going to wait for the next Steam sale though. Just so I'll have more time to dedicate to a play through.

Arthea

Why would I play a VN that is on PC or Console on Vita?

exactly!
So when are we starting that -Steins Gate on steam or bust - campaign?

The year of Falcom/XSEED!
I honestly wouldn't mind those releasing first, good games are worth being available to a wider audience.

Eh I know I'm gonna sound defensive of XSEED, but just be glad we're even getting it. I personally have lots of games I want their developers to release NAO!, but I just gotta accept waiting for it to be out proper and ready.
I remember asking about pre-order and they said it won't happen, but maybe that's just Steam? That or GOG want to get a lead on Steam purchases.
IMO if they managed to get the pre-order thing locked in we might see it up later today.
there is waiting, and there is waiting for years to no end.

Jawmuncher

Why would I play a VN that is on PC or Console on Vita?

You could read it like a book on the vita with the portability factor. Just pull that sucker out whenever. One of the main reasons I want a Windows Tablet for VNs. I dunno for me it feels odd reading on a big screen.

exactly!
So when are we starting that -Steins Gate on steam or bust - campaign?

I don't see how VNs benefit from a larger screen.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You could read it like a book on the vita with the portability factor. Just pull that sucker out whenever. One of the main reasons I want a Windows Tablet for VNs. I dunno for me it feels odd reading on a big screen.

I can't do that I have bad motion sickness if I try to read or play games on the bus/car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom