• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, that was a close one.

JOgYtAY.gif

Well played, sir.

pahamrick

But it is the only way to get the Pinnacle Station DLC for Mass Effect 1. So you win some you lose some. Well you could say you lose either way but I'm sure that glorified shooting gallery has some fans.

I got the Pinnacle Station DLC for ME1 just by redeeming the CD-Key I had for Mass Effect on Steam on Origin.

Turfster

Humble Midweek Shooters
If you don't have System Shock 2 yet, buy it.
If you buy Aliens:Colonostomy, god will kill 500 kittens and puppies. Think of the kittens and puppies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Humble Midweek Shooters
If you don't have System Shock 2 yet, buy it.
If you buy Aliens:Colonostomy, god will kill 500 kittens and puppies. Think of the kittens and puppies.

seems like god is kind of unfair

you buy a good game nothing happens

you buy a bad game and kittens and puppies pay for it

i don't think i like your god

Arthea

Wait a second... why do I have AliensCM? lemme guess, muncher talked me into it?

seems like god is kind of unfair

you buy a good game nothing happens

you buy a bad game and kittens and puppies pay for it

i don't think i like your god

actually that's not how it is, when you buy Trails, universe's lifespan increases by billion years, so, with every copy you save more or less 4-5 sentient species and their civilization
I overdid it, didn't I? But that's simply true, what I can do

autoduelist

Oh my! Checked to see if Convoy had released yet and it released today! That makes me happy. Too bad that despite the fact that I desperately want it, I'm a little short this week so am going to have to wait on it. Arrggh.

In other news -- I tried to install Bard's Tale and am getting the oddest issue... it's now in my 'installed games' but when I try to play it puts up a pop up box that says:

The Bard's Tale - Steam
Performing First Time Setup
Installing: Step of

To be clear, the steps are 'blank'... Step [blank] of [blank]

I have tried googling this to no avail.

Does anyone have any advice? Even if it's not a way to actually solve the problem, at least someone/somewhere to contact? I'm at a complete loss and don't know how to proceed.

-----------------

A related question -- so I bought Bard's Tale not for the more recent game, but because it includes the original trilogy. I normally buy games that old on Gog because Gog puts effort into ensuring they run on modern machinery. I had been planning to buy it there but the recent sale (humble) on it got me to buy it on Steam instead. Does steam not have the same policy of ensuring ancient games are easy to run? Or is this just a rare issue i'm having?

Jawmuncher

just got my wisdoms cut out, percocet and killing floor 2 (and smash wii u) is the medicine

my face hurts :(

You should be sleeping. When I got all 4 cut out. The first day was sleep and drugs. The gauze you put in your mouth gets so bloody it's crazy. Ate nothing but Apple Sauce, Protein Shakes, and Yogurt for like a week.

---------

Aliens:CM and DNF I don't see as bad games. I enjoyed them for what they were. Nice basic FPS's. You shoot shit, go from point A to point B and have some fun encounters.

Kiru

EUR_Zone1 - EUR € 26.99

EUR_Zone2 - EUR € 26.99
I don't know, that's from their FAQ
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105522 Not anymore it seems. They actually lowered EUR_Zone2.

just got my wisdoms cut out, percocet and killing floor 2 (and smash wii u) is the medicine

my face hurts :(

I did all 4 at once years ago... The first days after that were so damn horrible... shit, that doesn't seem to help to get you through this lol

Turfster

Aliens:CM and DNF I don't see as bad games. I enjoyed them for what they were. Nice basic FPS's. You shoot shit, go from point A to point B and have some fun encounters.

Encounters with aliens stuck in walls and "AI" allies that are just standing around doing sweet fuck all, you mean.
Hell, DNF was 1000 times the game Aliens:CM was.

Tesseract

Banned
You should be sleeping. When I got all 4 cut out. The first day was sleep and drugs. The gauze you put in your mouth gets so bloody it's crazy. Ate nothing but Apple Sauce, Protein Shakes, and Yogurt for like a week.

---------

no gauze, they used that new sticky goober over the stitches

i'm def coasting in and out, and drinking lots of vanilla boost

Jawmuncher

Encounters with aliens stuck in walls and "AI" allies that are just standing around doing sweet fuck all, you mean.
Hell, DNF was 1000 times the game Aliens:CM was.
Never had those issues. Aliens tried to attack and I shot them. Allies shot at stuff as well.
The last boss also was of no issue solo. This was after the major patches hit. Since that's when I played it.
no gauze, they used that new sticky goober over the stitches
i'm def coasting in and out, and drinking lots of vanilla boost
The first 2 days are the worse. It's coasting after that aside from when you get a bit sad that you have no more pain killers.

I legitimately like that game as a budget title. If you bought it for 60 I can understand the dislike. For 5 bucks it's pretty sweet, which it's on sale for quite often.

Duke Nukem Forever is at least an interesting piece of gaming history to finally be able to play through. And you can see why it almost didn't get released. It's kind of a museum of sadness, you can literally spot the year certain sections were designed or when dialogue was written while you play through it.

Aliens Colonial Marines is just bad. Such an awful bait and switch was pulled with a slick looking vertical slice.

Tesseract

Banned
Never had those issues. Aliens tried to attack and I shot them. Allies shot at stuff as well.
The last boss also was of no issue solo. This was after the major patches hit. Since that's when I played it.

The first 2 days are the worse. It's coasting after that aside from when you get a bit sad that you have no more pain killers.

I legitimately like that game as a budget title. If you bought it for 60 I can understand the dislike. For 5 bucks it's pretty sweet, which it's on sale for quite often.

my surgeon gave me 90, weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Turfster

I played it over winter seal 20...13?, which was after patches, right?
I mean, it was basically free at that time, which is the only reason I got it gifted to me.

MUnited83

For you.
I can get Killing Floor 2 for any steamgaffers who want it for the EU2 price. Should be around 22$ for regular edition and 27.5$ for Deluxe. Send me a PM and I will hook people up when I get home.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh my! Checked to see if Convoy had released yet and it released today! That makes me happy. Too bad that despite the fact that I desperately want it, I'm a little short this week so am going to have to wait on it. Arrggh.

In other news -- I tried to install Bard's Tale and am getting the oddest issue... it's now in my 'installed games' but when I try to play it puts up a pop up box that says:

The Bard's Tale - Steam
Performing First Time Setup
Installing: Step of

To be clear, the steps are 'blank'... Step [blank] of [blank]

I have tried googling this to no avail.

Does anyone have any advice?

Delete the 41900_install.vdf file located in the game's installation folder.

zkylon

zkylewd
actually that's not how it is, when you buy Trails, universe's lifespan increases by billion years, so, with every copy you save more or less 4-5 sentient species and their civilization
I overdid it, didn't I? But that's simply true, what I can do
makes sense, a billion years is what that second chapter felt like it lasted

Turfster

Humble Origin Bundle Additions
  • SimCity 2000
  • WING COMMANDER 3: HEART OF THE TIGER
  • WING COMMANDER IV: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
  • Ultima VII The Complete Edition

(To no-one's surprise)

rtcn63

I rarely watch those long Witcher 3 previews because I'm afraid they'll overheat my computer for some asinine reason.

How's the combat so far? Does it look improved over Witcher 2? Never got past baldy assassin.

MUnited83

For you.
Well, Alien: Colonial Marines did went though pretty expansive patching on the PC so at least most of horrible bugs presente on release are no longer there. They actually fixed plenty of things. That said, its still a terrible game at heart and Randy Pitchford should be kicked/punched in the balls repeatedly.

Miguel81

All these sales for the Mass Effect Trilogy and still the same shitty Bioware points. Looks like I'm going to keep delaying my Mass Effect 3 playthrough(maybe that's a good thing?).

Edit: Finally got around to beating the Grand Prix mode in Sonic Racing T. Loved everything about the game, except for that Burning Rangers track..ugh

iosefe

sometimes i wish i got the Mass Effect games on PC.

then i think about that super Mass Effect Sale on PSN like 2 months ago where i got like...all the important DLC for ME3 for total of about 15 bucks and then i feel better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom