• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

All these sales for the Mass Effect Trilogy and still the same shitty Bioware points. Looks like I'm going to keep delaying my Mass Effect 3 playthrough(maybe that's a good thing?).

It's mind-boggling they still haven't done a proper trilogy.
Well, not mind-boggling since they can get you to buy more bioware points than you need, thus giving them more money lost to you forever, but still
How fucking greedy anti-consumer can you be? =p

It's mind-boggling they still haven't done a proper trilogy.
Well, not mind-boggling since they can get you to buy more bioware points than you need, thus giving them more money lost to you forever, but still
How fucking greedy anti-consumer can you be? =p

They'll sell you a complete trilogy HD remaster with controller support and all of the DLC before the new ME comes out and that's how they get around the shitty bioware points system while milking you for more money.

Dr Dogg

Well it's an Origin bundle now with Origin Systems games :(

I got the Pinnacle Station DLC for ME1 just by redeeming the CD-Key I had for Mass Effect on Steam on Origin.

Really? When I redeemed my Steam key in Origin upon downloading it directly through there nothing showed up in the DLC folder. Then again it's EA so who knows what's up with that.

Finished Pillars Of Eternity. After playing Wasteland 2 and Pillars in a row, it's time to take a break from RPG and play an another kind of RPG... Grand Theft Auto 5

Anteater

i've never played Pinnacle Station

I'd play it but not sure if i want to go back and scroll through my inventory in mass effect 1 tho...

autoduelist

Delete the 41900_install.vdf file located in the game's installation folder.

Thanks, although this didn't solve the issue. It did change what happens though.
After deleting the file, and running The Bard's Tale from my library.

This pops up a window asking me to:

The Bard's Tale - Steam
[ ] Play Bard's Tale
[ ] Language / Graphics Settings
[Play] / [Cancel]

No matter which option I choose, I am first asked if I want to allow Steam to make changes on my computer, click yes, and am again taken into:

---------------
The Bard's Tale - Steam
Performing First Time Setup
Installing: Step [blank] of [blank]
----------------

So I end up at the same issue no matter what I do.
Again, I'm at a total loss. Any help greatly appreciated.

Also, PvZ is secretly the best game in that bundle and worth it if you've never played it. I got it for free on the PS4 but i imagine the PC version is just as terrific.

Lain

World Wrestling Entertainment.

Unless it is another WWE,

it's still real to me, damn it

WWE coming to PC is actually some good news. If it's got mod support, then I'm so there.

Used to be WWF, but after merging with WCW and such some years back, now they're WWE.

They were also sued by these guys:
263px-WWF_logo.svg.png

Oh, wrestling. Totally slipped my mind that it could be that.

pahamrick

Really? When I redeemed my Steam key in Origin upon downloading it directly through there nothing showed up in the DLC folder. Then again it's EA so who knows what's up with that.

Yep. I re-downloaded it the other week and when I boot into the game both DLCs show up under the in-game menu.

rtcn63

It's cool, this is probably just EA's "New Coke" bundle. Next year, we'll have a bundle that'll consist solely of ME3 DLC's.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, although this didn't solve the issue. It did change what happens though.
After deleting the file, and running The Bard's Tale from my library.

This pops up a window asking me to:

The Bard's Tale - Steam
[ ] Play Bard's Tale
[ ] Language / Graphics Settings
[Play] / [Cancel]

No matter which option I choose, I am first asked if I want to allow Steam to make changes on my computer, click yes, and am again taken into:

---------------
The Bard's Tale - Steam
Performing First Time Setup
Installing: Step [blank] of [blank]
----------------

So I end up at the same issue no matter what I do.
Again, I'm at a total loss. Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm dumb and misremembered. You (also?) want to go into the folders containing the executable's Steam is failing to run and delete the installscript.vdf files therein. In the case of Bard, that's:

%INSTALLDIR%\Redist\DirectX9

and

%INSTALLDIR%\Config

Miguel81

They'll sell you a complete trilogy HD remaster with controller support and all of the DLC before the new ME comes out and that's how they get around the shitty bioware points system while milking you for more money.

Of course, I'd pick that up since having an incomplete set is a drag. Those points are just too much atm. There was one sale for them that I remember, and this was years ago.

Barbarian

The EA bundle is underwhelming.

Gotta love EA loading it up with several games they've already given away for free through their on the house program.

That said, $5 is a good price for Garden Warfare if you don't have it yet.

rtcn63

It was weird, when I got the "you won" PM, a gif of Dale Cooper was included in the message. Like past wrongs were being righted or something.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure everyone is really Hyped!!! for The Witcher III from the new Gamespot footage but all I can see is the grass LODs at about 2 feet away from Geralt harshly fading in. I wish I could ignore these things :(

Jawmuncher

I'm sure everyone is really Hyped!!! for The Witcher III from the new Gamespot footage but all I can see is the grass LODs at about 2 feet away from Geralt harshly fading in. I wish I could ignore these things :(

It's bliss when you don't notice the little things.

Sendou

Before GAF I hardly even knew what framerate was and now I notice like a billion things that can go wrong in 3D games. I want to go back to a simpler world.

Arthea

you really need to play some Atelier games, or even one, for perspective, I mean. Don't get me wrong, games are tons of fun, but it's not uncommon to wait for characters to pop into scene for ten seconds and draw distance it exactly the length of nearblind human's without glasses sight range.
When you get used to that, and you do, because as I said games are fun, you no longer are distracted by details so much if at all, instead you concentrate on things done and monsters to be killed, i.e. on fun ;)
gosh, I wish Atelier games were on PC and better engine

Messiah

you really need to play some Atelier games, or even one, for perspective, I mean. Don't get me wrong, games are tons of fun, but it's not uncommon to wait for characters to pop into scene for ten seconds and draw distance it exactly the length of nearblind human's without glasses sight range.
When you get used to that, and you do, because as I said games are fun, you no longer are distracted by details so much if at all, instead you concentrate on things done and monsters to be killed, i.e. on fun ;)
gosh, I wish Atelier games were on PC and better engine

I want to pick them up for over a year now, but they hardly go on sale on the vita. And I missed the last 2 sales or so ...
Edit: goddamn it I go offtopic and start a new page

Dr Dogg

It's bliss when you don't notice the little things.

Before GAF I hardly even knew what framerate was and now I notice like a billion things that can go wrong in 3D games. I want to go back to a simpler world.

I wish I could but a key component of my job requires me to be observant and have a keen eye for detail. This shit ruins tv, films, books, not even going out of my way to spot inaccuracies or errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom