• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

This is way late, but farenheit is based on the human bodies temperature not water. Additionally using a scale that references water is equally silly because the best scale of measurement is Kelvin where 0 is absolute 0.

Edit: I should note that I am okay with switching our dates to dd/mm/yyyy and measurements to metric.

AHA-Lambda

Finished (read endured) AC Liberation, I've played loads of AC games, all of them up to the release of this one anyway, and tbh I had no idea what was going on in the story for this installment at all o_O

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
uOBhVvD.jpg

I want to wishlist it now.

Gosh darnit. Ever since trying out another video codec pack, I can't get Steam broadcasts to work :/

I uninstalled the new codecs and went to my old CCCP which worked fine but no luck.

I am always stuck here. No matter whether friends broadcasts or other people.

Halp. I don't know what else to do.

MadGear

That EA bundle turned out to be some real weaksauce. Its a shame because it had some potential. For whatever reason EA didn't bundle the first and third Mass Effect games. Also no Titanfall despite that being sold for like $5 on many sites over the past several months.

Greedy EA is greedy. They could have at least thrown in some sports games like FIFA.

The first Origin bundle was much much better imo.

Well it clearly pales in comparison to the first bundle, but despite there being plenty of good reasons to call EA greedy this bundle is not one of them. After all this bundle is for charity only so EA doesn't generate any (immediate) profits. Yes they could have added all those games but I would really question EAs sanity (more than usual) if they would have done so without taking a cut. Maybe with their next bundle they simply should take a cut like everyone else because then they would consider adding more recent "high profile" games to a bundle but maybe EA just doesn't have any motivation to do something like this at all.

yuraya

Well it clearly pales in comparison to the first bundle, but despite there being plenty of good reasons to call EA greedy this bundle is not one of them. After all this bundle is for charity only so EA doesn't generate any (immediate) profits. Yes they could have added all those games but I would really question EAs sanity (more than usual) if they would have done so without taking a cut. Maybe with their next bundle they simply should take a cut like everyone else because then they would consider adding more recent "high profile" games to a bundle but maybe EA just doesn't have any motivation to do something like this at all.

They would have raised a lot more money for charity if they would have thrown in some more games. The current BTA is kinda low compared to the usual bta and just shows how weak the bundle is. Some of those games they gave out for free a while ago. They are greedy and care more about people buying sequels/prequels/dlc for those games instead of topping their previous bundle. There was no excuse for them to not include the first Dead space and ME at the very least.

titch

giphy.gif

The more I play it, the more I realize it's a great single-player game that just happens to have other fools running around in it.

Your posts are even convincing my mates to buy it :)

If Steam dont give you a job Bethesda should :)

Oh my! Checked to see if Convoy had released yet and it released today! That makes me happy. Too bad that despite the fact that I desperately want it, I'm a little short this week so am going to have to wait on it. Arrggh.

In other news -- I tried to install Bard's Tale and am getting the oddest issue... it's now in my 'installed games' but when I try to play it puts up a pop up box that says:

The Bard's Tale - Steam
Performing First Time Setup
Installing: Step of

To be clear, the steps are 'blank'... Step [blank] of [blank]

I have tried googling this to no avail.

Does anyone have any advice? Even if it's not a way to actually solve the problem, at least someone/somewhere to contact? I'm at a complete loss and don't know how to proceed.

-----------------

A related question -- so I bought Bard's Tale not for the more recent game, but because it includes the original trilogy. I normally buy games that old on Gog because Gog puts effort into ensuring they run on modern machinery. I had been planning to buy it there but the recent sale (humble) on it got me to buy it on Steam instead. Does steam not have the same policy of ensuring ancient games are easy to run? Or is this just a rare issue i'm having?

Did you get it to work? It did something similar to me but win 8.1 came up with use compat settings i clicked yes and it loaded

I knew there was a reason I liked you guys.

$3.74 is a steal for the amount of fun I had with it.

You know even after all the hate CM got i will still buy it and expect it to be ace - I mean how bad can they mess up Aliens & Marines, surely it isnt that bad.

Cyldman

Banned
Gosh darnit. Ever since trying out another video codec pack, I can't get Steam broadcasts to work :/

I uninstalled the new codecs and went to my old CCCP which worked fine but no luck.

I am always stuck here. No matter whether friends broadcasts or other people.

Halp. I don't know what else to do.

Isn't it using Flash or something to broadcast?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ohhhh nice I forgot about that. Seeing as you got that working hopefully there will be some other custom profiles showing up around Seal time.

Yes this will definitely be in preparation for new profile styles that Valve will (hopefully) be releasing in the future. Also, I'll be adding some basic "color" styles that should look similar to a suggestion a reddit user made.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dead Space 2 -- MB-BDB09BFEA282ABC9 - Taken by Bayonetta
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-87C72CD4174A7AEE - Taken by r3n4ud
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-4BA4400B88F7D821 - Taken by texhnolyze
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-3507B15E70B2D092 - Taken by bluechox2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fingers crossed it's not another forgotten Valve feature. Though custom profile shades are a nice touch.

To be fair, the holiday profile looks really odd with my Elder Scrolls Online profile background

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What's the standout for KF2 as a sequel?

I don't mean to be a GAFhole but from what I've seen (I've seeeeeeen) the skills systems disappointing me pretty bad and being barely Payday levels of non-passive real utility, and the gameplay, while looking good as an engine, wasn't really pushed forward.

I'm interest, I just don't want a KFHD where I'll just get burned out super quick.

It is pretty much just a meatier, more modernized Killing Floor. The gameplay loop is the same, just with some new guns and creature behaviors. I'm on the fence about if I like the way the classes are now, which reward playing with your classes' weapons but not too much to encourage players to grab weapons out of their class to experiment.

For someone like me who was still playing Killing Floor after 400 hours, KF2 is all I really wanted and I can't wait for the new stuff to come in. But if you'd already been burned out by KF1, I don't think it will be a very good pick up. I'm enjoying myself a ton still, and I put 50+ hours into the beta.

Sucks to be level 0 across the board again ;-;

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like devs that do like early access stuff for non-competitive games like that could give early-accessers a perma exp boost or something like that

maybe?

i felt the same way when payday 2 released

like fuck now i have to grind this shit all over again

Dr Dogg

You know, looking at the GTA DF thread and all the other ones previously, I'm surprised they haven't been banned on GAF. There's some decent and informed discussion buried in them sometimes but the vast majority of the time it just descends into an angry mud slinging contest.

That really looks like a naked man on the thumbnail on my phone... or maybe I've been looking too much at pics of naked men.

Funny you say that as sometimes when you switch to Trevor you find him in just his underwear, maybe 1 sock on too, drunk as a skunk.

To be fair, the holiday profile looks really odd with my Elder Scrolls Online profile background

I'm sure there's some sort of festive holiday in Tamriel. I would go hit up UESP and find out but I'll be there for hours.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Killing Floor 2 is selling like crazy, 50,000 concurrent players expected by tomorrow

Sorry everyone, let me try this again, without accidentially hitting send in the middle of the e-mail :)

So the good news is Killing Floor 2 is selling like crazy, and bumped GTAIV off the Steam top sellers in about 15 minutes. The bad news is, 17,000 people are trying to play KF2 right now (and it's going up a couple thousand every few minutes) and we've got enough servers up to handle about 7,000 players. Success is a good problem to have, but wow this really blew away our expectations.

As such we're in dire needs of LOTS of servers up. Right now there are enough servers to handle about 5,000 players, and we have over 16,000 people playing right now. Within the next few hours we'll likely pass 25,000, and by tomorrow we could be at 50,000 players.

Can you all get servers up to help us meet this initial peak? The game is selling like crazy, but we're really in serious need of servers as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!
John Gibson President Tripwire Interactive

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i feel like devs that do like early access stuff for non-competitive games like that could give early-accessers a perma exp boost or something like that

maybe?

i felt the same way when payday 2 released

like fuck now i have to grind this shit all over again

Yeah, I kinda wish they didn't do the skill reset since there wasn't much going on behind the scenes to really require it. There's already cheats out to boost your EXP so I don't think they should go out of their way to reset skill trees/exp unless they do a massive rework.

Well earned <3 every bit of it!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lara Croft And The Temple Of Orisis -- MB-A72E82D940D93BFB - Taken by DmAc2k6

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I kinda wish they didn't do the skill reset since there wasn't much going on behind the scenes to really require it. There's already cheats out to boost your EXP so I don't think they should go out of their way to reset skill trees/exp unless they do a massive rework.
i mean i can understand them resetting everything cos maybe in beta you have a skill that's cut from the final game or some other shit like that

so like just doubling or tripling how much exp you get or something like that can speed up getting back to your beta state without messing things all that much

Spermination.

Gentlemen, prepare your load.
supports occulus rift

suddenly i'm curious

DmAc2k6

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lara Croft And The Temple Of Orisis -- MB-A72E82D940D93BFB - Taken by DmAc2k6
The key in this one ended up being invalid.

Edit: Nevermind. Acquired the right key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom