• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just wish enhanced steam for Firefox was still getting updated D: I cry everytime

I am still extremely receptive to the idea of another fellow Firefox addon developer stepping up and porting the code over. I simply don't have the time it takes to dedicate to the task, especially considering I'm not sure if it will even be worthwhile in the long run.

PARANO1A

Marvel UA has never been on Steam. Prey retail copies are probably like a fiver still.
By retail do you mean brick and mortar stores? In Australia our stores pretty much stock newer games exclusively. I can't seem to find a non used copy online for a reasonable price.

Grief.exe

Yeah, I tried to play it earlier and every server was full. :p

You just have to click join on servers even if they are listed as full. There are so many people that it is overloading the update server. Trying to join empty servers was an exercise in futility as there were hundreds of other people trying to join at the same time.

Seems they are going to be able to cope with the load over the next couple of hours.

BattleBlock Theatre is brilliant in local co-op. You have to work together to finish the levels, or you can just grief one another just for shits and giggles.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238460/

No one I knew in RL liked Battleblock Theatre. All levels really feel like straight out of some editor and neither my best friend I usually play coop games with nor my gf which loved Castle Crashers liked it.

And this one looks like one of those horrible american CGI cartoons.

Maniac

Banned
Sup peeps

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch Avengers: Age of Ultron at a press-only early viewing. With 3D and Thunderbox seats.

Always good to have connections. :3

Mind you I'm not actually in the press... So yay.

draetenth

So, I've been playing Dishonored and having a blast. I last played it on Sunday and didn't get to play it last night. I went to play it and... it was uninstalled? How could that happen? I know I didn't uninstall it and didn't even load up Steam last night. I'm "reinstalling" it, yet it tells me it's found exiting files (and I see the files in the Steam Apps -> Common folder. Any ideas what happened?

iosefe

Sup peeps

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch Avengers: Age of Ultron at a press-only early viewing. With 3D and Thunderbox seats.

Always good to have connections. :3

Mind you I'm not actually in the press... So yay.
What could I do to be in your position?

Maniac

Banned
What could I do to be in your position?

Be an absolute maniac and threaten people if you don't get yo damn tickets

Or errrr... Fuck your way to the top.

Mind you I've done neither but I imagine both would be equally fun.

Unless fucking ones' way to the top means getting fucked... Cause I'm not into none of that there butt stuff, y'know.

Except for maybe a finger here or there.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All of this talk about The Elderscrolls Online I've seen while skimming through this thread is both interesting and worrisome. While I really enjoy questing in PVE/PVP if it's well done, Stone Talon Mountains as Horde was a pretty much my favourite quest chain in WoW, the comment that it's a strong single player game is kind of worrying when we're talking about an MMO. Is the questing content ridiculously easy to the point no one ever feels compelled to group together? Even if you're competing for the same mobs, resource harvest points or whatever? How are the servers set up? I've found there's more of a community on a TF2 server than there is playing WoW with all of the cross-realm stuff and that's a total buzzkill for a game that, originally, was meant to be played with other people. Now though it seems like it's designed to funnel people through 1-100 as quickly as possible.

I've got a few months left in WoW but I'm honestly pretty bored, I've been considering trying out Wildstar because it sounds like they finally got their shit together but at the same time the community sounds like it's dying. I do own The Secret World and am re-installing that to give it another go. But as an Elderscrolls fan I've always been morbidly curious about ESO, moreso now that it's b2p with an optional sub.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
is this avengers 2?

or 3?

i remember liking one avengers movie

i don't even know anymore about these things...

It's the third one:
ibVUDHm.jpg

PXwhdav.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All of this talk about The Elderscrolls Online I've seen while skimming through this thread is both interesting and worrisome. While I really enjoy questing in PVE/PVP if it's well done, Stone Talon Mountains as Horde was a pretty much my favourite quest chain in WoW, the comment that it's a strong single player game is kind of worrying when we're talking about an MMO. Is the questing content ridiculously easy to the point no one ever feels compelled to group together? Even if you're competing for the same mobs, resource harvest points or whatever? How are the servers set up? I've found there's more of a community on a TF2 server than there is playing WoW with all of the cross-realm stuff and that's a total buzzkill for a game that, originally, was meant to be played with other people. Now though it seems like it's designed to funnel people through 1-100 as quickly as possible.

I've got a few months left in WoW but I'm honestly pretty bored, I've been considering trying out Wildstar because it sounds like they finally got their shit together but at the same time the community sounds like it's dying. I do own The Secret World and am re-installing that to give it another go. But as an Elderscrolls fan I've always been morbidly curious about ESO, moreso now that it's b2p with an optional sub.

I wouldn't take my comments about being a good single-player MMO as evidence that nobody is teaming up. The game itself scales it's difficulty (think Oblivion) in "group" dungeons based on the number of people in your group. And just like Oblivion, the higher the scale the higher the reward as well. So it's very possible (and seemingly popular) to get a fairly large group or guild put together to do a dungeon raid, even early in the game, so that everyone gets good treasure and rewards in XP and such. I appreciate that though because I tend to be fairly anti-social when it comes to multiplayer gaming, so I may not be getting the best rewards, but I can still complete the group dungeons on my own if I want to.

The server is set up in such a way that absolutely everyone is in the same instance (world). The only private instances in the game are group dungeons like I described above. There isn't really a problem of competing for mobs, because the boss mobs spawn at certain points in your quest line - if one is already spawned you simply jump in and join the fight. If one isn't already spawned, it spawns. Everyone gets their own loot from these bosses so it's generally not an issue and it encourages really organic makeshift teamwork which I think is fantastic.

As for resource harvest points - this is something that the latest version of ESO improves upon GREATLY from the early beta. So now, everyone has their own dedicated stuff scattered throughout the world. Think of something like Skyrim - you go to steal a cool looking sword from the shop at night after they've closed. You can do that now in ESO also. You pick up the sword, and it's in your inventory and you can do whatever with it. But if your buddy comes in behind you, he's got his own copy of that sword that he can also steal, so you taking it doesn't really affect anyone else. The only difference here is that this "sword" you just picked up is like a random sword with random abilities that may or may not actually look anything like the one you picked up (unlike Skyrim). So two people can pick up the same weapon in a cave for example and it can be a different weapon (which, to a large extent, also seems to be based on your character's level). It's actually a really good system. For contrast, the beta had treasure boxes that could be looted and would take (I think) about 15 minutes to re-fill with random treasure, meaning it was super rare to find a non-raided treasure box. Also in the beta, nothing in the world could be picked up which was pretty jarring considering that's been a bit of a staple aspect in the Elder Scrolls series.

Anyway if you have any other questions I'll happily answer them to the best of my ability. Someone else with more experience than me might be able to give a bit more insight into the end-game content that I probably won't be able to get to for a few more months.

Uzzy

Oh yes, killing the (megadungeon spoilers)
Adra Dragon
in Pillars of Eternity is such a fantastic feeling. It may have been 2:30am but I still cheered so loud I'm sure I woke the neighbours.

I'm sure they'll understand though.

Jawmuncher

Oh yes, killing the
Adra Dragon
in Pillars of Eternity is such a fantastic feeling. It may have been 2:30am but I still cheered so loud I'm sure I woke the neighbours.

I'm sure they'll understand though.

It whooped my ass and I never went back. I actually tried to just leave to no avail.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Avoid Polygon if you don't want to be spoiled to episode 2 of Life is Strange.

Ugh.

I clicked and I really don't see how they could possibly wrote the feature they wanted to write and not "spoil" Life is Strange episode 2.

If they kept the image and removed the title, they'd alienate readers who are interested in the subject matter of the article (which is more a personal reflection about an event in the game and how it parallels a similar event in the author's life) at the expense of reducing spoiler concerns. If they kept the title and removed the image, they'd alienate readers who are interested in the game but wouldn't necessarily pick it up from the title. A spoiler warning would itself spoil the thing being warned. Like, you can't have an article called "Games where the main character dies in the story. Spoiler: Spoilers for Super Mario Bros 4", because the spoiler warning is the spoiler.

So I'm sort of left with the impression that either no one should write articles that jump off plot events in games but contain a broader reflection on theme and meaning... which I think would make games writing poorer... or people need to accept that occasionally jump-off points for discussions are going to involve pop-culture events, and thus involve "spoiling" things.

And it's not even like you can say "she could have written this article a year from now", because the whole point is that it's emotional, personal writing. Of course she's going to write it when the feelings are fresh, that's what breathes life into the writing itself.

I guess one solution could be a multi-site master list of everything you've ever seen in pop-culture, and then depending on the site you go to, content would automagically be selectively censored by replacing specific references with more general ones depending on what you've seen. I think that's an awful overwhelming amount of technology to solve a problem that isn't really much of a problem at all.

I'm not being a jerk, you can tell from this post that I'm going out of my way to tiptoe around the actual spoiler. I'm just saying that I can't see a solution here that makes sense, so I guess I sort of don't see why people shouldn't simply "deal with it". Not in a condescending, jerk, lol deal with it nublet kind of way, but just in the sense that if the best option is not changing things, then this is going to keep happening and people should sort of adjust their reactions to reflect that.

DotE is stressful, I'm currently on the 11th floor and there are too many unpowered rooms because I'm realky short on Dust and to make the things worse I still haven't found the exit.

xezuru

DotE is stressful, I'm currently on the 11th floor and there are too many unpowered rooms because I'm realky short on Dust and to make the things worse I still haven't found the exit.

Yuuuuuup. Didn't help that a big before had a couple runs ended by cause my characters stopped being able to move at all (bug was fixed like today). Atleast I have like 3 characters left to unlock.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know, right? silly 'murica ;)

relevant:

don't kill me ... please :p
The rest of the world is terrified of our system. Imagine having to make sense of that. We do in America and in my state we also learn the metric system too for science shit and sort of just because it's there so why not. Get on our level.

wilflare

this is random but I really hope nVidia releases a SHIELD (portable) 2 or something
a gaming PC handheld in that form factor please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom