• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Nachos are pretty great. :D

nachomanmrs60.gif

Yesterday was my steam b day. 8 years of service.

Don't be Warren?

Or me. So yes.

Sup peeps

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch Avengers: Age of Ultron at a press-only early viewing. With 3D and Thunderbox seats.

Always good to have connections. :3

Mind you I'm not actually in the press... So yay.
It's in theaters in Taiwan today, but exam week, had to wait till weekend.

Salsa

yeah i'll get Killing Floor 2 when it comes out of EA, maybe before on sale

I mock the first one a lot but I did really like it

it's just the super old mod menus / fonts and stuff that make me laugh

it really is like all the early 2000s "cool skill shots" Quake/UT/Counter Strike videos with shitty fan editing and heavy metal music before youtube suddenly became a single game

fuckin server-wide slow-mo moments. the whole thing is set up almost like you're watching one of those vids as youre playing. It's smart and cool, but so silly

it really is like all the early 2000s "cool skill shots" Quake/UT/Counter Strike videos with shitty fan editing and heavy metal music before youtube suddenly became a single game

fuckin server-wide slow-mo moments. the whole thing is set up almost like you're watching one of those vids as youre playing. It's smart and cool, but so silly

This was my first of KF1 back then. Trying to be cool (for 13 year olds), and the random slow-mos... but they all ended up being satisfying. I only got over a hundred hours on it. It was so much funner with friends.

I really enjoyed my time with Killing Floor... that one steam christmas sale where you had to play it for 10 minutes to unlock an achievement to get... whatever it was we got.

Good times.

I really enjoyed my time with Killing Floor... that one steam christmas sale where you had to play it for 10 minutes to unlock an achievement to get... whatever it was we got.

Good times.

Same thing here, with the difference that I didn't enjoy it at all! But I probably got a coal for it or something.

Unicorn

So, Steam keeps suggesting Quake 3 Arena to me (as well as the others) after I installed Quake Live. I haven't played Quake 3 since launch year when I played it a fuckton, so my memory is hazy - Why would I want Quake 3 Arena for $20 when I have Quake Live for free? From my memory they play the same.

Dsyndrome

Probably a common question, why do some screenshots not show up in Activity Feed / Online after they're uploaded, but they show up fine on disk? Any way to reupload the photos?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To whom can I narc out people who change the post they got tagged for?

I'd do this like a god damn job and for free.

Probably a common question, why do some screenshots not show up in Activity Feed / Online after they're uploaded, but they show up fine on disk? Any way to reupload the photos?

Go to your screenshots page <user ID> -> content, then upload screenshots and republish from there. I think you can only do it in the client. Also the screenshot servers seems to be struggling at the moment, I have broken images everywhere in my feed.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i'll get Killing Floor 2 when it comes out of EA, maybe before on sale

I mock the first one a lot but I did really like it

it's just the super old mod menus / fonts and stuff that make me laugh

it's out of ea i think now?

looked pretty feature complete last time i saw eet

Good times.
lol yeah...

not my kind of thing at all

Dungeon Siege III is a lot of fun in coop, I totally recommend it to anyone who wants to play a coop game.
i kinda really wanted to play that but spiders....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Steam keeps suggesting Quake 3 Arena to me (as well as the others) after I installed Quake Live. I haven't played Quake 3 since launch year when I played it a fuckton, so my memory is hazy - Why would I want Quake 3 Arena for $20 when I have Quake Live for free? From my memory they play the same.

Indeed they do. Quake Live is little more than a rebadged Quake 3.

Dr Dogg

Wait Mario dies in SMB4?

Rifting off what Stump said with that, it's funny how we react to a story character we are invested in, dying within the game for story reasons when to get to that point we probably died many other gruesome deaths, at our own hand no less. Though when the element of control is taken away from us and our hero isn't coming back it resonates much, much more powerfully. I doubt any of us feel any guilt or remorse for getting Lara Croft mutilated in various ways from our own errors or poor decisions but if she where to croak it during a cutscene never to return to the screen again then I'd be willing to bet there would be a outpouring of grief from a fair few. Could be an interesting study

To whom can I narc out people who change the post they got tagged for?

I'd do this like a god damn job and for free.

I don't know, Lionel Mandrake's edit was pretty good.

Original: http://web.archive.org/web/20120901...om/forum/showpost.php?p=41477952&postcount=55

Amended: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41477952&postcount=55

Twentieth

Just finished Dungeon of the Endless for the first time (on Too Easy). What a great game. It blends my favorite elements from FTL, The Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain (strategy + tension + replayablity).

I'll try to finish the game with other pods before the TF2 character DLC hits. If that ends up being bad, I'll just buy Out There: Sigma, Convoy, Death Skid Marks or Sunless Sea. :D

JaseC

So almost no destruction at all (just like all Gran Turismo games before number 5 having the same blablabla no destruction pretext aka we don't want to hurt pretty cars
(because we don't want to pay companies to see their cars destroyed, same goes here)
:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-destruction-system-explained/1100-6426768/

I think the goal of 60fps has a lot more to do with it than wanting to stay true to an established fictional universe. Pre-canned destruction gets old fast.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think the goal of 60fps has a lot more to do with it than wanting to stay true to an established fictional universe.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/21/des...ront-will-be-less-than-it-was-in-battlefield/
"Star Wars, as an [intellectual property], is shaping what we&#8217;re doing. So we won&#8217;t do excessive destruction just because we can."

Also paying Disney or Lucas Arts or whoever is in charge of all Star Wars license now just to see their vehicles completely ransacked has a lot more to do with it than wanting to reach the the goal of 60fps. It is the same old BS pretext given by Polyphony Digital in GT games before GT5 (sth that was possible in the equivalent versions of Forza Motorsport and Project Gotham Racing at that time), until the big checks were thrown on the table for the cars companies which allowed them to do destruction in GT5 otherwise they would have been ludicrous in fornt of the competition.

JaseC

Also paying Disney or Lucas Arts or whoever is in charge of all Star Wars license now just to see their vehicles completely ransacked has a lot more to do with it than wanting to reach the the goal of 60fps. It is the same old BS pretext given by Polyphony Digital in GT games before GT5 (sth that was possible in the equivalent versions of Forza Motorsport and Project Gotham Racing at that time), until the big checks were thrown on the table for the cars companies which allowed them to do destruction in GT5 otherwise they would have been ludicrous in fornt of the competition.

I strongly doubt that Disney cares at all.

PLASTICA-MAN said:
http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/21/des...ront-will-be-less-than-it-was-in-battlefield/
"Star Wars, as an [intellectual property], is shaping what we&#8217;re doing. So we won&#8217;t do excessive destruction just because we can."

Yes, I can read (that's in the GameSpot link also). ;) What I'm getting at is that it's being used as an excuse -- it's DICE saying "Since there's no 'excessive destruction' in the Star Wars universe we're not going to take creative liberties", not Disney saying "You can't do that!" Also, don't mask your entire post; nobody likes unnecessary spoiler tags.

I mean, you might be right, but it doesn't make sense to me. Polyphony's claim that car manufacturers were hesitant to sign off on realistic damage modeling due to concerns that it would misrepresent safety is at least believable. Why would Disney care similarly about vehicles that rest entirely in the realm of science fiction?

I strongly doubt that Disney cares at all.

Yes, I can read. I'm saying it's being used as an excuse -- it's DICE saying "Since there's no 'excessive destruction' in the Star Wars universe we're not going to take creative liberties", not Disney saying "You can't do that!" Also, don't mask your entire post; nobody likes unnecessary spoiler tags.

I mean, you might be right, but it doesn't make sense to me. Polyphony's claim that car manufacturers were hesitant to sign off on realistic damage modeling due to concerns that it would misrepresent safety is at least believable. Why would Disney care similarly about vehicles that rest entirely in the realm of science fiction?

I really don't why, but not not making the game as destructible as the Battlefield games while they could do it asks many questions. We don't work in the movie/video games commerce so anything is possible. Maybe They don't want to show that the vehicles and environmentsin Star Wars aren't that fragile and just few hits can pulverize them and they want to only show that all the villains suck and the good one have the better tech for example and can't be decimated easily just like in the movies otherwise the opposite may shake up the traditional Star Wars lore(just simple assumptions). I really don't know what happens in that universe of the industries. Anyway. Let's sum this,: Kinda bad news: Star Wars BattleFront won't have teh destruction level of BattleField games. That is all. We should accept that.

JaseC

I really don't why, but not not making the game as destructible as the Battlefield games while they could do it asks many questions. We don't work in the movie/video games commerce so anything is possible. Maybe They don't want to show that the vehicles and environmentsin Star Wars aren't that fragile and just few hits can pulverize them and they want to only show that all the villains suck and the good one have the better tech for example and can't be decimated easily just like in the movies otherwise the opposite may shake up the traditional Star Wars lore(just simple assumptions). I really don't know what happens in that universe of the industries. Anyway. Let's sum this,: Kinda bad news: Star Wars BattleFront won't have teh destruction level of BattleField games. That is all. We should accept that.

If Disney's concerns were creative in nature then it could just have input on the destruction system and shape it accordingly, so again I don't think the message to take away from DICE's comment is "The IP holder is limiting what we're able to do." I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong; I'm just disagreeing.

If Disney's concerns were creative in nature then it could just have input on the destruction system and shape it accordingly, so again I don't think the message to take away from DICE's comment is "The IP holder is limiting what we're able to do." I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong; I'm just disagreeing.

TBH, no one knows the real reason for that. None of us is 100% wrong or right and anything could have happened. We may never know the real reason behind that.

Want to see such amount of destruction on vehicles and spaceships in Star Wars Battlefront? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkAaLd0FdK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMkOOqgJgh4

No way! Disney may have prevented that and may have not. No really one knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom