• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
oh look ... that one alienware case isn't the fugliest any more ;)

Trinity01.png

Uzzy

I finished Pillars of Eternity last night/this morning. I've not stayed up till 5am to finish an RPG since the original Mass Effect, so that's something at least. Really enjoyed it, though of course there are some issues. But I still want more, so I'm looking forward to the expansion.

sprinkles

Yep, absolutely hideous. I for one love my simple and monolithic looking R4. Could stare at it all day :)
But as alienware proves there is a market for weird stuff like that.
Yeah I love the simple elegance of my R4. Best case by far I ever had. And it was so easy to work with it, so much space.

Arthea

oh, it's real alright ... unfortunately ;)

this reminded me certain exhibition I attended something like 20 years ago, there was this designer station (maybe it wasn't named that ridiculously, but that's what I remember, bear with me), that was a black box (well, not exactly box, but rather open box) and inside was a huge black corner table, and on the middle of left part of this table stood solitary black box, smallish one, it seemed very slightly skewed and curved on the verge on visibility that it wasn't clear is it optical illusion because of how black a box is, or it is slightly irregular, and on the wall was huge screen (for that time it looked huge), it probably wasn't. I think it was Silicon Graphics showcase, or maybe MAC? Nah, probably Silicon Graphics.
Why I remembered this? Because then I thought "it has to be a dream" and seeing this I think "it has to be a nightmare". We came a long way (><)

Arthea

I finished Pillars of Eternity last night/this morning. I've not stayed up till 5am to finish an RPG since the original Mass Effect, so that's something at least. Really enjoyed it, though of course there are some issues. But I still want more, so I'm looking forward to the expansion.

wait what expansion? I know nothing about any expansion

milena87

Obsidian announced an expansion plan during the Kickstarter campagin.
In fact, various higher tiers had the expansion included.

We know that Obsidian is already working on it, but their immediate concern is patching the base game of course.

Dr Dogg

No concrete details yet but it was mentioned in one of the kickstarter updates and you could pay for it in advance at a low cost in the backer portal. Naturally I'm already paid up!

AlienWare is almost bearable next to that thing.

I would have thought with your penchant for Razer products, that case would be right up your alley :p

Turfster

So I grossly underestimated what good chairs cost these days.
Guess there's no more buying games for like, this year, probably, at least not anywhere near release.

The Alan Wake franchise is 80% off on Steam

The Ubi store has Sleepydogs Definitive 75% off, Thief Trilogy 75% off

Super Furball keys are now available for Groupees Remute

So, what lesson did we learn here today, kids?

I never win the big ones =p

Arthea

Thanks all for explaining an expansion thingie.

So I grossly underestimated what good chairs cost these days.
Guess there's no more buying games for like, this year, probably, at least not anywhere near release.

The Alan Wake franchise is 80% off on Steam

The Ubi store has Sleepydogs Definitive 75% off, Thief Trilogy 75% off

Super Furball keys are now available for Groupees Remute

blame Ozium and keep blaming for years to come

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160961188&postcount=12722

Yeah, only 165$ tier, I checked now.

... that means it will cost a lot when released and certainly won't be free, preorders or not. Am I right?

Started using Ubuntu and I'm positively surprised. Haven't missed anything from Windows yet.
You don't miss playing all your ganmes?

I kid, I kid. Sorta

Have a dedicated Ubuntu USB stick for emergencies. I love the design, slickness amd lightweightness.
But installing stuff can get a bit if a hassle and not all games and software is available.
For browsing, office, media it is my number one choice. So sleak.
Games are a deal breaker for it to become main OS sadly.
Hope soon we'll see a time where every game works day 1 on linux.
oh look ... that one alienware case isn't the fugliest any more ;)
Wow that thing is not only ugly but looks like a real pain to use as well

Ah, Fractal R4...

Arthea

uhhh

why am i getting this?

http://i.imgur.com/g07EnwA.png[/IMG

Im level 38 and i have bought at least 300+ games from steam store directly.[/QUOTE]

This explains why bots are still OK, it works other way around, legitimate accounts are now limited when bots enjoy their freedom!

[SPOILER]I suppose it's a bug, and you'll have to contact steam support, very unfortunate[/SPOILER]

Isomac

Anyone else have problems with screenshots? I just get broken links on my images. It also looks like the address has changed a bit for them too.

Before it was cloud-4.steamusercontent and now it's images.akamai.steamusercontent

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anyone else have problems with screenshots? I just get broken links on my images. It also looks like the address has changed a bit for them too.

Before it was cloud-4.steamusercontent and now it's images.akamai.steamusercontent

yeah, doesn't work since yesterday for me

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jesus Christ... Mortal Kombat X online is worse than MK9. How is that possible? A lot of disconnects, freezes, lag, etc.

Jesus Christ... Mortal Kombat X online is worse than MK9. How is that possible? A lot of disconnects, freezes, lag, etc.

Still havent tried it out online but that's not shocking given MK9 and Injustice on PC. That said, all ive heard before your post is that the online is as competent as the console versions and possibly even better.

so it might just be that MKX has crap netcode overall.

madjoki

There is! But you normally need a russian-specific method of payment to be able to use them. There's a few legit russian seller like Buka or Yuplay.ru.

And some western sites have regional pricing for Russians (GMG, GamersGate, uPlay).

uPlay has removed most steam-games, since keys they sold were ROW even when RU/UA existed and it lead to abuse.

MUnited83

For you.
Still havent tried it out online but that's not shocking given MK9 and Injustice on PC. That said, all ive heard before your post is that the online is as competent as the console versions and possibly even better.

so it might just be that MKX has crap netcode overall.

MK9 netcode was also as good as the console versions. MK in general has crappy netcode :p

A Vita port is needed to save MKX from horrible netcode!(MK9 on Vita is the only version with decent netcode)

MK9 netcode was also as good as the console versions. MK in general has crappy netcode :p

A Vita port is needed to save MKX from horrible netcode!(MK9 on Vita is the only version with decent netcode)

I dunno, both MK9 and Injustice were neigh unplayable on the PC, I don't think i finished more than a couple of matches on Injustice and never had a match that wasn't plagued with an inexplicable amount of latency. It was terrible.

I found both games playing perfectly fine on the console, though.

Mkx on ps4 actually has a pretty decent net code. Maybe because its region locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom