• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

hell-yeah-gif.gif

rtcn63

Jeebus, I heard an intermittent buzzing coming from my external hard drives, turns out there's a fly buzzing about. I think. I hope.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So what's the deal with TB and Titan Souls? I know he refuses to review it and that his fans skewed reviews, but no clue why.

He doesn't think it's "for him." Dev was amused and called him Toliet Bisquit. Hurt feelings abound.

Madn

I've always wanted to play Portal 2 because of seeing the universal praise it got, having loved the first one and actually having bought the game in a sale a couple years ago. Still, I kept it in my backlog until a friend of mine decided to buy it and asked me to play with him the coop mode. I then decided to finish the game as I didn't want to start coop without having played through it at first.

I found everything that I had loved in Portal: the humour, the great puzzles and an actually intersting story. I can definitely see why this game is so loved. I've just started the coop but I'm having a blast so far: it's Portal with a friend, what could go wrong?

iosefe

Kinda bad news: Star Wars BattleFront won't have teh destruction level of BattleField games. That is all. We should accept that.
but we got Vehicle Destruction so everything is fine
Twitter drama.

In short: TotalBiscut is an fucking obnoxious twat who can't take a joke despite spending his days spewing Gamergate shit and insulting people on Twitter. \_(ツ)_/¯

that first tweet though...

i take it he doesn't like Shadow of the Colossus

And watch those same everyone's be first in line to whine in the "All Nuveem keys are now region locked" thread.
I'm not using nuveem since a long time. Bought 3 games and 1 DLC. Everything worked fine so far but while it would be a pretty big bummer if keys got region-locked as well, I would survive ;)
There is! But you normally need a russian-specific method of payment to be able to use them. There's a few legit russian seller like Buka or Yuplay.ru.
Russian-specific payment? So PayPal is a no-go?
Gonna check Buka and Yuplay. Interested if prices are similar to Russian Steam prices. But unlike nuveem I won't buy there. There's just no community experience unlike nuveem.

Kaleinc

Banned
Russian-specific payment? So PayPal is a no-go?
Gonna check Buka and Yuplay. Interested if prices are similar to Russian Steam prices. But unlike nuveem I won't buy there. There's just no community experience unlike nuveem.
All those russian keys are runtime locked.

derExperte

I want need to buy Killing Floor 2, is it region locked? I saw some copies being sold in BST Thread.

No, one version for everyone.

That btw also means GermanGAF can buy it now and be relatively sure (like 99.9%) that they won't ever get a cut version later.

Dsyndrome

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with screenshot issues, looking at people's solutions from the past were uninstall everything or mess with the registry. Thought it might've been because I was playing a non-Steam game, but folks' GTA V photos are fucked too.

Not that I uploaded anything of value.

Messiah

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with screenshot issues, looking at people's solutions from the past were uninstall everything or mess with the registry. Thought it might've been because I was playing a non-Steam game, but folks' GTA V photos are fucked too.

Just give it a few days
or weeks
Valve will fix it.

Total War: Warhammer doesn't really roll off the tongue.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh? I assumed ACRTAG would be circumvented by buying keys directly. But runtime-lock? Damn.

Well then. This turned out absolutely useless, haha.
Again, that's incorrect information. Check below.

At least all the cheapest like Fast & Furious, Prototype 2 are.

It always depends on the game. Cities Skylines? Activation locked only. Mortal Kombat X? Completely region free. Ground Zeroes? Completely region free.

It always depends on the game. You have to check Steamdb for it.

Funny way to interpret that event. Your bias isn't showing at all.

Do educate me on the ways off your all-mighty god TotalBiscuit. Please do so.

Again, that's incorrect information. Check below.
It always depends on the game. Cities Skylines? Activation locked only. Mortal Kombat X? Completely region free. Ground Zeroes? Completely region free.
Woah! That is good news isn't it? For people who have Russian contacts this is a godsend! Weird that no one here is using those places.

Copons

Pic sent to me by my gf 10 minutes ago, somewhere in Rome.

Good lord, these things are sold IN ITALY!
I somehow feel we got in the first world and are ready to jump on the EU1 bandwagon.

Also this way I may have lucked out my future birthdays and christmases. \o/

MUnited83

For you.

I somehow feel we got in the first world and are ready to jump on the EU1 bandwagon.

Also this way I may have lucked out my future birthdays and christmases. \o/

Funnily enough I believe Portugal was the first european country getting steam gift cards. Considering our economic state it's rather amusing :p

Copons

Funnily enough I believe Portugal was the first european country getting steam gift cards. Considering our economic state it's rather amusing :p

You and your Spanish friends won't be alone for long, we're getting there as fast as we can, and I guess we getting Steam cards is just the first sign! :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim GOG Key -- MB-04845322D4DE451F - Taken by Intel. 28 entrants total.

t1429717765z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned

Then again we haven't taken much into e-shopping and until recently we didn't have much choice for payment options so I can see why we were one of the first chosen ones.

madjoki

Well, it's somewhat true, EU2 is being deprecated in favor of single euro price. :p
Thought seems that devs can optionally set prices per country.

Grief.exe

Twitter drama.

In short: TotalBiscut is an fucking obnoxious twat who can't take a joke despite spending his days spewing Gamergate shit and insulting people on Twitter. _(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't seem like a reaction outside of his general practices. For a guy that preaches objectivity and transparency in nearly every single video, having a prior spat with a developer, no matter how trivial, would adjust your opinion just as much as a paid trip from EA for example.

that first tweet though...

i take it he doesn't like Shadow of the Colossus

That was my first thought with the tweet lol.

Copons

Well, it's somewhat true, EU2 is being deprecated in favor of single euro price. :p
Thought seems that devs can optionally set prices per country.

We wanted a single currency so bad and now we have to deal with it! It may be our fault? Or US publishers' fault for not getting that, say, derExperte could easily buy me and my entire family, cats included, as slaves with half his monthly wage.

2 Questions guys

1. Is there a good program for backing up save files across all games on your pc easily (maybe with cloud support too) ?

2. I cant seem to upload steam screenshots atm they come out as black on my screenshots page any ideas?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It doesn't seem like a reaction outside of his general practices. For a guy that preaches objectivity and transparency in nearly every single video, having a prior spat with a developer, no matter how trivial, would adjust your opinion just as much as a paid trip from EA for example.

It's about ethics in claiming you have ethics in videogame journalism.

chronomac

His first mistake is thinking you can be completely, 100%, no-holds-barred objective about something like games criticism. And that's why his reviews/WTF videos are all so sterile and boring. It's all "mechanics" instead of experience. The best reviews do dip into that stuff, because it's important obviously, but they also bring out their interaction with the game, how it made them feel, how it works with their own biases, and how it falls in line with games they like to play.

Basically, he comes across as a freshman journalism student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom