• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
2 Questions guys

1. Is there a good program for backing up save files across all games on your pc easily (maybe with cloud support too) ?

2. I cant seem to upload steam screenshots atm they come out as black on my screenshots page any ideas?

#2 is a current issue with steam itself so AFAIK the best thing to do is to wait it out.

His first mistake is thinking you can be completely, 100%, no-holds-barred objective about something like games criticism. And that's why his reviews/WTF videos are all so sterile and boring. It's all "mechanics" instead of experience. The best reviews do dip into that stuff, because it's important obviously, but they also bring out their interaction with the game, how it made them feel, how it works with their own biases, and how it falls in line with games they like to play.

Basically, he comes across as a freshman journalism student.

I watch the first few minutes of his wtf is/port reports to see the menu options and a little gameplay before heading elsewhere. I can't imagine watching a whole video of his unless I were really psyched about the game in question and yet didn't know much about it.

Accoun

2. I cant seem to upload steam screenshots atm they come out as black on my screenshots page any ideas?

There have been problems today/yesterday. Someone mentioned the URL changed, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were changing their hosting for screenshots or something.

derExperte

Pinball FX2 - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363030/

header.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
It doesn't seem like a reaction outside of his general practices. For a guy that preaches objectivity and transparency in nearly every single video, having a prior spat with a developer, no matter how trivial, would adjust your opinion just as much as a paid trip from EA for example.

Yet he has no issues making videos for games where he has friends on the developing team.

Tizoc

I still don't know wtf to make of Windows 10, I mean it's not like it'd let me buy and play XBone games from the W10 on my laptop/PC or something like that?

Pinball FX2 - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363030/

header.jpg

oh yea, i forgot a bout that movie. I'll most likely give it a watch, first one was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed both captain americas more tho, they were more interesting and better paced. thing is that with Ultron I more or less know how its gonna end. No one dies so any scene where it looks like someone is in danger of dying or the classic death cop out is pointless since i know everyone makes it for the 3rd captain america, and also the movie will most likely end with some beef between the cap and iron man. Disney needs to keep their mouth shut about the other movies planned cause it kinda kills the current ones that are about to come out imo

I'm just glad we're finally turning a corner on Total Biscuit.

i really don't like him, dude is a super elitiest. 30 fps is unplayable garbage blah blah blah. like damn man, i get that you want higher fps but really?

Uzzy

I still don't know wtf to make of Windows 10, I mean it's not like it'd let me buy and play XBone games from the W10 on my laptop/PC or something like that?

Nope. You'd still need an Xbone. Then you can stream all the 900p/30fps gaming you want!

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Just a quick reminder that applications for the Flame Over closed beta close today, so if any of you hadn't got round to applying then you'd best make sure you email us before I get into work tomorrow morning :)

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about Flame Over is a firefighting action roguelike. You can also find out more about the here http://flameovergame.com/

I mentioned this in the earlier post but in case you've forgotten:

From http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/post...pc-closed-beta

"If you’d like to help us out then please send an email to: beta@laughingjackal.co.uk with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 22nd April, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

I know some of you have been in Ghostlight's previous betas, so if you have you might want to mention it in the email to remind me :).

Parsnip

Speaking of betas, did anyone get in on that Neptunia 2 beta? I didn't (even get a reply to my email), so I'm wondering if anyone here did? Apparently it ran from 6th to 20th of April.

Grief.exe

I don't really enjoy defending the guy, just found his logic to be acceptable considering his ideologies. One of the things I did find deplorable in the article was TB fans leaving negative reviews on Titan Souls. Being that invested in a celebrity you have never met actually disgusts me.

These streamers and youtubers see you as a number, that is where the relationship ends.

His first mistake is thinking you can be completely, 100%, no-holds-barred objective about something like games criticism.

I don't think he ever claimed to be.

And that's why his reviews/WTF videos are all so sterile and boring. It's all "mechanics" instead of experience. The best reviews do dip into that stuff, because it's important obviously, but they also bring out their interaction with the game, how it made them feel, how it works with their own biases, and how it falls in line with games they like to play.

Basically, he comes across as a freshman journalism student.

Perfectly fine to criticize and not enjoy his work. I find his discussion during the options menus portion of his videos frankly uneducated.

Yet he has no issues making videos for games where he has friends on the developing team.

I don't follow the guy close enough to be aware of any examples. When I do watch his videos he tends to disclose business or personal relationships up front.

i really don't like him, dude is a super elitiest. 30 fps is unplayable garbage blah blah blah. like damn man, i get that you want higher fps but really?

30 FPS is trash.

Witcher III is seriously giving me Red Dead in a fantasy setting vibes. That's a good thing by the way.

Those Gamespot preview videos are very well done and informative. Hype is rising.

Shadownet

Banned
So I missed out on Virtual Tennis 4 for cheap. Does anyone have a spare copy I can buy from? Its been a busy few days. I thought it was on sale till the 23rd..

chronomac

One of the things I did find deplorable in the article was TB fans leaving negative reviews on Titan Souls. Being that invested in a celebrity you have never met actually disgusts me.

Absolutely.

I just checked the Steam page and it still has a "Very positive" rating despite every single "helpful" review shown at the bottom of the page being negative.

30 FPS has a time and a place. As my hardware gets older and older, i'll take the framerate hit of going from 60->30 if that means i can maximize most settings and delay the purchase of a new card for another year or so.

Where it doesn't have a place is in the design of certain genres of games. If youre fighting game or online shooter is not hitting 60 fps 99% of the time then you've done fucked, go take that shit back to the lab. Also, on the PC you need to leave the framerate up to the player regardless of the genre. Yeah, that means you Iron Brigade and Split Second. Or Dark Souls 1.

fantomena

TB acts like a superm elitist to me, I watch some of his videos, but not all of them. I had fun watching his War Z video, but his WTF videos these days are just boring.

Also, his shit about 30 fps is garbage, consoles are garbage doesn't help it either.

The thing that TB has even given some support fro Gamergate a while ago makes me dislike him incredible much. Gamergate should die in a fire.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What is it this time?

Nothing much in the specific, though the Titan Souls brewhaha referenced above is just another knot in the rope. In general though, I've seen his popularity wain, especially here in the Steam thread as of late.

People at least feel more comfortable criticizing him, his opinions, and his fanbase.

Just a quick reminder that applications for the Flame Over closed beta close today, so if any of you hadn't got round to applying then you'd best make sure you email us before I get into work tomorrow morning :)

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about Flame Over is a firefighting action roguelike. You can also find out more about the here http://flameovergame.com/

I mentioned this in the earlier post but in case you've forgotten:

From http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/post...pc-closed-beta

"If you’d like to help us out then please send an email to: beta@laughingjackal.co.uk with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 22nd April, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

I know some of you have been in Ghostlight's previous betas, so if you have you might want to mention it in the email to remind me :).

Emailing now :D seems interesting

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Whatever is said about TB is cool, but let's be real here.. 30fps is garbage :p

I play GTA5 at 30FPS at the moment, and of course is 60FPS (or more) much better. But playing at 30FPS is better than not playing the game at all.

But I really have to upgrade my CPU/Mainboard in the near future :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here's a preview of some of the profile "styles" that will be available in the next release of Enhanced Steam:

Green:

Purple:

Red:

Yellow:

Teal:

Of course, you'll be able to mix and match these with certain profile backgrounds for maximum effect. Should be pretty cool and I hope people like it. Reddit user /u/teliko helped create these styles based on the suggestion they made on Reddit.

chronomac

Whatever is said about TB is cool, but let's be real here.. 30fps is garbage :p

Garbage is hyperbole. Obviously if given the choice I'll go 60, but I've played many games at 30 and gotten over it quickly. I'm currently forcing myself through Jet Set Radio, which is locked at 30, and it's been fine - That is, the performance has been fine. The controls? God no.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Garbage is hyperbole. Obviously if given the choice I'll go 60, but I've played many games at 30 and gotten over it quickly. I'm currently forcing myself through Jet Set Radio, which is locked at 30, and it's been fine - That is, the performance has been fine. The controls? God no.

Git gud.
It actually takes a bit of getting used to I'll admit that.

Shadownet

Banned
Here's a preview of some of the profile "styles" that will be available in the next release of Enhanced Steam:

Of course, you'll be able to mix and match these with certain profile backgrounds for maximum effect. Should be pretty cool and I hope people like it. Reddit user /u/teliko helped create these styles based on the suggestion they made on Reddit.
I know this is weird to ask. But no blue? :(

abracadaver

New steam app (android) does not let me log in. There is no error or anything. It just opens the log in window again after trying to log in.

chronomac

Git gud.
It actually takes a bit of getting used to I'll admit that.

I love the art style and music and that exuberant feeling it has, but the controls are way too demanding. The style and mechanics don't mesh.

Plus, when I crash, it feels like it takes forever for the character to get up and moving again, which is an issue when a bunch of SWAT members gang up on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom