• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grey background & badge case looks little out of place.

I agree but I want to keep the majority of the elements on the page intact and I haven't found a good way to do that without making people's profiles look completely like MySpace pages. For now these styles are pretty simple and just involve 2 images being replaced and 5 CSS elements being overwritten.

I know this is weird to ask. But no blue? :(

That would be... default? Or are you talking like bright blue?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I love the art style and music and that exuberant feeling it has, but the controls are way too demanding. The style and mechanics don't mesh.

Plus, when I crash, it feels like it takes forever for the character to get up and moving again, which is an issue when a bunch of SWAT members gang up on me.

Yeah it will probably be like that till you get a good flow for things. Maybe watching a JSR speedrun from AGDQ would help? I'm also disappointed no one has modded this song back in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FozxV8CdHQ4&feature=youtu.be&t=6s

Tizoc

I played Moredoors at locked 30 FPS and still enjoyed it. If I can achieve consistant 60 FPS, I'll go for that, otherwise I'll settle for 30 FPS personally.

L.O.R.D

you guys saw the new trailer for the new overlord game ?

yabSUiI.jpg

so original

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I would love Navy Blue.. If that's possible. Will people have a color palate to choose from? Or will it just be one red, one yellow, etc.

It would be cool if everyone can pick their own shade.

I guess "Navy Blue" just seems really close to the default color, probably too close to even bother with.

I'd love to be able to let people choose their own exact shade because that would provide for a huge amount of customization. However, the way this works is that 2 images need to be recreated in photoshop and CSS needs to be generated for the buttons (both standard and what color they are when hovered over) as well as the color of the showcase text. So I think it's something that's going to have to be curated.

On the plus side, this method allows for all kinds of customization that isn't just color choices. Wood paneling? Sure. Metal look? Okay. It's just a matter of creating the right images and color combinations.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you guys saw the new trailer for the new overlord game ?

yabSUiI.jpg

so original

Interestingly enough it's a top-down action game as opposed to third-person. I wouldn't be surprised if Codemasters is vying for a piece of the MOBA pie in an effort to turn around its recent misfortune.

Shadownet

Banned
I guess "Navy Blue" just seems really close to the default color, probably too close to even bother with.

I'd love to be able to let people choose their own exact shade because that would provide for a huge amount of customization. However, the way this works is that 2 images need to be recreated in photoshop and CSS needs to be generated for the buttons (both standard and what color they are when hovered over) as well as the color of the showcase text. So I think it's something that's going to have to be curated.

On the plus side, this method allows for all kinds of customization that isn't just color choices. Wood paneling? Sure. Metal look? Okay. It's just a matter of creating the right images and color combinations.

That would be amazing if we can have metal or wood paneling.

So I'm guessing lighter shade of blue is also out of the question? I just went back and saw my steam page. You're right. The blue they have now is basically a dark blue.

Turfster

Daily Lethal League 50% off

Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 23
Price: 1$ minimum, 0.5$/game
  • Withstand Apotheosis
  • Prism
  • Project Tarvotan
  • Super Slam Dunk Touchdown
  • Fine Sweeper
  • Barony
  • Industry Transporters
  • Star Chronicles Delta Quadrant

Will fight for food keys now available for Gamersgate Indiefort

Ultimate Space Commando keys now available for Bundle Bandits Insanity

Tizoc

Aw man that cute green t-rex game's gotten out of early access. It had a cheaper discount when it was in early access.
Will def. grab it during summer sale if it turns out to be good.
header.jpg

So with The Witcher 3, since I have The Witcher EE and TW2 on Steam, it appears I get a stacking 5% discount for a total of 20% off if I pre-order?

Still iffy on actually buying it for a couple reasons though. 1) I haven't finished TW1 or played TW2. 2) My PC am cry. 3) I'm afraid that by the time I do get around to it it'll be discounted further in the summer sale or something. (I mean, I spent no more than $15 total for TW1 and TW2 combined.)

But dat hype train though.

ExoSoul

Banned
Is it a gmail account? You can add random . in those.
Otherwise... no idea.

I was gonna resort to multiple accounts but my problem was I didn't have enough.
Good to know about the gmail trick, my one saviour account xD

You're a life saviour ;D

Is the email a gmail account by any chance?
Do you use gmail? You can send something to ExoSoul@gmail.com, Exo.Soul@gmail.com, E.x.o.S.o.u.l@gmail.com etc and it'll arrive. There's also some trick with numbers.

You're all life saviours :D

derExperte

Yeah, my gem stacks are bugged, it's not an issue of having gems made from items that are still market-restricted. But I've created a booster and only one is left for now.

So with The Witcher 3, since I have The Witcher EE and TW2 on Steam, it appears I get a stacking 5% discount for a total of 20% off if I pre-order?

Still iffy on actually buying it for a couple reasons though. 1) I haven't finished TW1 or played TW2. 2) My PC am cry. 3) I'm afraid that by the time I do get around to it it'll be discounted further in the summer sale or something. (I mean, I spent no more than $15 total for TW1 and TW2 combined.)

But dat hype train though.

TW2 was one of my favorite RPGs ever. Watch/read a summary of TW1 (it hasn't aged well and is full of crappy MMO-like filler quests) and then get going with TW2. It's a slow start but it easily is one of the best games of the previous generation.

Still need to play the other half of TW2 but i don't think i have time for it anymore with TW3 so close : /

Yeah, my gem stacks are bugged, it's not an issue of having gems made from items that are still market-restricted. But I've created a booster and only one is left for now.

Yeah, mine weren't made with anything market-restricted, yet I have two sacks next to each other of varying quantities.

rtcn63

Aw man that cute green t-rex game's gotten out of early access. It had a cheaper discount when it was in early access.
Will def. grab it during summer sale if it turns out to be good.
header.jpg

I wonder if the T-rex has a beret'd sniper in its mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom