• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

The Game Informer issue which has been like the only news since the game was revealed aside from some gameplay made it seem like it would be like evolved. MP focused with a "light" SP campaign of some sort. Thus probably still a 60 dollar titile.
They've been so quiet though that I wouldn't be surprised if massive changes happened like F2P or something else.

Well if it is a 60 dollar title, it's almost guaranteed to fail. But yeah, even if they were planning on going that route, Evolve has surely made them rethink their plans.

I mean they can't possibly expect to compete with juggernauts like Dota 2 and League by placing a $60 barrier to entry limiting their audience.

With Evolve it made more sense, because there wasn't already an established market for that style of game that was already free. The game was always compared to Left 4 Dead, and those games weren't free (at launch anyway). It was a logical move (though not necessarily the right move) to go for the retail release model. They just screwed up by having relatively little content for the price point, and then nickel and dimeing DLC out the ass.

But with Battleborn (terrible name by the way), there's no way they can launch the game without people immediately asking "why should I pay money for this when I can play Dota for free". Even as a shooter, that's not enough to justify the massive difference in entry cost. They have to launch it for free, so that people will try it out, because why not, it's free. Then maybe some of those people will actually like it and stick around.

If it launches with any price tag at all, it's dead in the water. Maybe it can find moderate success in the console space, since there aren't really any decent free to play Mobas on consoles. But it would be DOA on PC.

redlacs

Joshiraku S2 posible! ha!

Anyone knows if Dungeon Siege III DLC ends the main campaign? I mean should I play it before the end boss of the main game?

dlc story doesnt end the main campaing. boss of the main game ends the game but you will be alerted about point of no return there. play dlc desert as soon as you can (better items and special ability ftw). btw story-wise the order doesnt matter

dex3108

Also new AC Chronicles game is really hard if you want to do Gold Style on whole level while you are collecting things and doing side missions.

My wife and I have been binging on Madmen so I haven't really been playing any games.

I am losah
Did you learn how to be a more suave gentleman at least?

GinsbergTheFilmFatale.gif

Turfster

So the second Origin bundle has raised over 2 million dollars for charity so far.

Also:

MacGameStore PYWY Anniversary 2 bundle
TIER 1: PWYW
  • Truffle Saga
  • Space Farmers
  • Racer 8
  • Fist of Jesus
  • Litil Divil
TIER 2: BTA
  • Grimind
  • Gold Rush Anniversary
  • Melissa K and the Heart of Gold CE
  • The 39 steps
  • International Snooker 2012

Phawx

Did you learn how to be a more suave gentleman at least?

GinsbergTheFilmFatale.gif

I'm already Max Suave

Edit: I signed up for the Fi Project. I have a Nexus 6 and I'm in a dense 4G area. Plan is more pricey than my current plan though, so not altogether sure if I would do it. If I lived in the boondocks I might do it so that I could switch from Tmo to Sprint in those instances or if I traveled abroad more frequently. I might try it out for a month.

Dr Dogg

Bisquit left the UK while Pewds emigrated here. I'm not keen on either of them but if they were both in a knife fight to the death between one another I know who I'd be rooting for.

SSPssp

So the second Origin bundle has raised over 2 million dollars for charity so far.

Also:

MacGameStore PYWY Anniversary 2 bundle
TIER 1: PWYW
  • Truffle Saga
  • Space Farmers
  • Racer 8
  • Fist of Jesus
  • Litil Divil
TIER 2: BTA
  • Grimind
  • Gold Rush Anniversary
  • Melissa K and the Heart of Gold CE
  • The 39 steps
  • International Snooker 2012

That BTA tier is pretty pricy for games that have all been bundled before, some (all?) multiple times even. I just checked to make sure but I already have all the games and I'll bet a lot of peeps here already have at least half.

Uzzy

Bisquit left the UK while Pewds emigrated here. I'm not keen on either of them but if they were both in a knife fight to the death between one another I know who I'd be rooting for.

And suddenly my 'Ultra YouTube Fighter' game idea doesn't sound too far fetched.

Salsa

I get why nuclear throne keeps resetting progress during early access but playing it after a while and realizing you gotta re-unlock characters is kind of a bummer

derExperte

That's reasonable, his fans don't invade the parts of the internet I care for and don't have some kind of agenda. By tomorrow I'll probably have forgotten again that he exists.

KarmaCow

Does GMG add early access games to their VIP list? I want to pick up Killing Floor 2 but I'd like to use my credit on there as well.

Say what you want about Total B, at least he's not this guy:

I don't get it, why are you mad at him rather than rolling your eyes at his fans for that?

I managed to finish Dungeon of the Endless for the first time! After the all stress on the eleventh floor yesterday I managed to find the floor exit, funnily enough I was just one door to finding it. When I reached the last floor I got seriously worried because I had enough Dust to power only one room so I powered the first room and I was placing my characters on the following ones to avoid monsters spawning though I got lucky and I found the exit after 4 doors open.

def sim

Yeah, I heard Pewdiepie is a nice enough fellow when out of character. Good on him for making a success out of whatever his internet persona is.

Twentieth

I managed to finish Dungeon of the Endless for the first time! After the all stress on the eleventh floor yesterday I managed to find the floor exit, funnily enough I was just one door to finding it. When I reached the last floor I got seriously worried because I had enough Dust to power only one room so I powered the first room and I was placing my characters on the following ones to avoid monsters spawning though I got lucky and I found the exit after 4 doors open.

Great job! I finished it for the first time yesterday and it was a similar experience. The last floor gets insane.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha the irony if you asked the thread 'What do you think of PewDiePie?' would probably evoke a negative reaction but when offered a choice between the lesser of 2 'evils' dude comes up smelling of roses.

Anywho in more Steam related news (but not really Steam related at all) Garden Warfare is pretty sweet. Just played a couple of rounds of Garden Ops with a mate and a couple of randoms and even then it was a blast. Got a banging headache but can deffo see this taking up a fair chunk of my time in the future.

Pakkidis

Haven't played the game yet but I've heard good things about it. Good Luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-B7BE7BDA7126B835 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1429745850z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom