• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So Risky's Revenge that is on Steam is the second game that was originally on DSiWare.
Pirate's Curse is the third game that was originally on 3DS and WiiU.
And Half-Genie Hero is the 4th game, is the one they kickstarted and that's still in development.

Trying to keep Shantae games straight in my head is proving more difficult than I expected, all the subtitles are so unmemorable.

Right:

Shantae = Shantae 1 = This is a game on Game Boy Colour.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge = Shantae 2.1 = This was originally on DSiWare, and then was ported to iOS, and then to Steam. This was the first episode of an episodic series.
Shantae: Pirate's Curse = Shantae 2.2 = This is the second and final episode of that series, was originally on 3DS eShop. Is coming to Steam.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero = Shantae 3 = Kickstarted.

I suspect they'll eventually remake Shantae 1, but another issue is that Capcom published Shantae 1 so I guess it depends on the way the rights work.

Asgaro

Every time I greet m'lady

QXSuDp7.gif

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Friends, any thoughts on the PC issue below?

I've been having some problems with my audio input/microphone for a while now. Basically whenever I'm speaking, there is a high pitched buzzing in the background. I've heard it described as being like a dentist's drill, although the intensity isn't quite that loud.

I've gotten it when using two different headsets, so I don't think it is my mic. I have gotten it in multiple VOIP programs, so I don't think it's the software. I have tried both the front and back mic ports on my PC. Do I just need to buy a new soundcard or something? I currently just use the onboard sound on my MB.
Tinnitus?

rrvv

Way to miss the opportunity to make the mounted knight logo into something more Warhammer-y.

Also hope that everyone remembers Rome 2 being a giant mess last time I checked.
Honestly probably more messy than rome really. so many completely different faction can result disaster

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
[EPIC IMG]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I look like right after I've rolled out of bed in the morning before I've done my hair...

Teggy

If ever I've seen a game that needs controller support it would be Dustforce
, it broke my heart =<

Does it not? The store page says partial controller support.

I've attempted to play the GBC game 3 times now. I vote for a remake instead.

I've been playing it a bit lately. Got past the first dungeon and trying to find the second and getting killed a lot along the way (I'm not using save states for the "authentic" experience). I can't believe little kids beat this game.

Not really, depends on your system and how much memory you have installed. If you let Windows manage your pagefile I think it defaults to 16gb tops. Virtual memory is essentially how Windows works and either if you have a pagefile enabled to local storage or not it's always going to page applications that are open but not in use. Actually how much physical RAM do you have installed? The process has never gone over 5gb for me and system ram usage has topped out at 7gb while the total committed memory has got to 13gb tops and that's while lots of shit is open. Unless this is a crazy AMD driver efficiency thing.

8Gigs installed. The process never uses a crazy amount and when it crashes my system usage is around 65%. A little strange.

Grief.exe

Friends, any thoughts on the PC issue below?

I've been having some problems with my audio input/microphone for a while now. Basically whenever I'm speaking, there is a high pitched buzzing in the background. I've heard it described as being like a dentist's drill, although the intensity isn't quite that loud.

I've gotten it when using two different headsets, so I don't think it is my mic. I have gotten it in multiple VOIP programs, so I don't think it's the software. I have tried both the front and back mic ports on my PC. Do I just need to buy a new soundcard or something? I currently just use the onboard sound on my MB.

Shielding.

Need to get a dedicated sound card or a usb microphone.

As always, friends don't let friends but headsets on pc.

Nothing gets me hyped for a game like reading this on the store page:
What is more, this title will go on to combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the largest Total War experience ever. An epic trilogy of titles that will redefine fantasy strategy gaming.

Get hyped for a Starcraft 2-sized fumble with added DLC.

Deitus

Does it not? The store page says partial controller support.

From what I remember, you can use a controller, but it isn't natively supported. So you have to go to the key binding options, and bind the controller buttons, including mapping movement controls to the d-pad (or stick if you're a monster). It should be much more intuitive, but it's perfectly possible to place with a controller.

Stop being attractive steamgaf.

Done.

My obligatory potato phone picture

So, yes
You at the Valve.

Literally.
Who the hell is saying higher dpi is better.

Naos 7000 is the bestest mouse. Everything else is trash.
Yo bud. Did you ever manage to play Last of Us on PC?
;)

Nah, for real. Glad you didn't get banned.
oh, and this :)

Trailer was CG. I can understand.

Steampage has no gameplay shots as well. What the heck.

That Microsoft apology over the Witcher 3 video is funny.
Why don't they release XB1 version already? I think a PS4 video is released already, even though it's Japanese.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is wallet trading by selling junk item legit/allowed?

For the example, the wallet buyer sells an item worth $50, after the real money transaction, the seller then buy the item from the market. It's much cheaper than adding wallet by buying steam cards. Credit card is not a common thing that everyone have around here, so most people buy steam wallet via 3rd party sellers. The most legit way is of course by buying steam wallet cards, but how about that kind of activities?

Turfster

Is wallet trading by selling junk item legit/allowed?

For the example, the wallet buyer sells an item worth $50, after the real money transaction, the seller then buy the item from the market. It's much cheaper than adding wallet by buying steam cards. Credit card is not a common thing that everyone have around here, so most people buy steam wallet via 3rd party sellers. The most legit way is of course by buying steam wallet cards, but how about that kind of activities?

that's been impossible for a while now.
He'd "buy" the cheapest one automatically, not the seller's one
(unless it's the only single snowflake item of its kind)

Mokoi

Banned
I'm pretty excited about this feature. As always, it kind of makes me wonder why Valve makes everyone stick with the default blue...
I'm sure someone had the idea to implement this basic thing, but I believe it just falls into "eh not obligated to do it" mindset. Why put extra effort in when you don't have to you know? Thanks for doing this, and it is appreciated. Purple is the best btw.

BHK3

Banned
What difficulty?

The picture shows an edited .ini file that has a bodycount limit of 500, default in the Early Access build is 14 I believe. Of course your FPS is going to be in the single digits, or just straight up crash but it's fun to look at. Hell on earth has double the usual enemies compared to normal.

Dsyndrome

Charnel House Trilogy must be ridiculously short, I've gone through a third of the game waiting for my wife to come home to go get German food. Enjoying what I've played, story's getting messed up, hopefully it keeps ramping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom